Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Now We Have a Machine Gun

texifornia

Quick hitters following elite West Coast recruits' visit to Texas

Hank South

Spoiler

Quick hitters following elite West Coast recruits' visit to Texas

Hank South

Texas hosted a handful of West Coast visitors on Tuesday, several of which hail from Mater Dei High School. Horns247 will have more in-depth interviews and reactions from the prospects on Wednesday, but here are some quick hitters from today’s events in Austin.

— 2025 four-star running back Jordon Davison has been a frequent visitor to the Forty Acres. Tuesday marked his fourth or fifth trip (by his estimate). He’s connected well with Tashard Choice and is feeling more and more comfortable in Austin. If you ask me, you have to like the Longhorns’ chances for the elite back at this juncture.

— Another recruit out of Mater Dei the Longhorns helped themselves with on Tuesday was 2025 Top100 wide receiver Marcus Harris. The elite pass catcher got to meet Chris Jackson and spend time with him going over tape, particularly from Jackson’s time in the NFL. Harris also caught up with some of the wideouts on the roster like Xavier Worthy and AD Mitchell, as well as quarterback Arch Manning. Like Davison, Texas appears in strong position for Harris right now.

• Hook 'Em 3

11 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Gerry mentioned today that DL Landon Rink could be closing in on a decision. Supposed to be at Texas and a few other schools this weekend. Texas legacy.

https://www.on3.com/db/landon-rink-78019/

I'm no daddy98 but Landon Rink looks like a high 3-star/low 4-star in the same way that Sam Acho, Joseph Ossai, Poona Ford, and Moro Ojomo were (and, yes, I know that Ossai was a solid 4-star by the end of the recruiting cycle but, IIRC, he spent a lot of it rated as a high 3/low 4-star recuit). My only concerns: 1) are what position Rink will play (e.g. will he be able to add the weight to play DT); and 2) whether he's more maxed out/developed than kids his age due to coaching and all the instruction I'm sure he's gotten from his dad. That kid's motor just does not seem to sto

Edit: unless he goes to okie or aggy. Then he's bread and he fucking sucks ass. But as long as he picks Texas, he's an amazing get. That's just how it is. I don't make the rules

Edited by campcrunk
  • Hook 'Em 2

(If we land this guy, and do so early ... 🤘  🤘  🤘  🤘 .)

Hudson Standish / Horns 247

1. Dakorien Moore, WR, Duncanville

I decided to add one rising junior prospect to this list and Moore was the clear and obvious choice. The No. 5 player in the country has already racked up over 30 starts for 6A powerhouse Duncanville over the past two years and is one of the more complete wide receiver prospects in recent memory pairing elite production with truly special athletism backed up on the track. Texas started off in a tough spot due to inconsistent communication with Moore and his family, but Chris Jackson and Steve Sarkisian have made up all of that ground and then some this offseason with a number of sources believing the Longhorns are in the driver's seat for the five-star.

• Hook 'Em 4

16 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Hank South said that Marcus Harris got to meet Chris Jackson and spend "time with him going over tape, particularly from Jackson’s time in the NFL."    I'm thinking that must have been a pretty short tape session, since Jackson never caught a pass in the NFL.

I'm thinking Jackson was using tape from Jacksonville's WRs last season since those are the guys he coached

31 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Some really positive comments from Scruggs.  Would rock to get some big hitters from this class on board, early.

image.thumb.png.0fb5109335f35a923cd40887e8480916.png

image.thumb.png.369e5bf2a1cce10299e072a35e19b84c.png

image.thumb.png.1065e62ede8c1170b816f22a5eab625b.png

image.thumb.png.11385092cbb110bb2810e845d6b82596.png

image.thumb.png.4b8fac2d57ed92844200dd543ebf43b1.png

image.thumb.png.86531e3fb588f16d3cb8d15999409abe.png

image.thumb.png.884f4d66881833a0c66c7047c0d3af47.png

image.thumb.png.74d7fe6b661fec74ce2118de23697fca.png

Jonte Newman already has offers from Bama', OU, aggy, and TCU.

On 7/18/2023 at 1:05 PM, closetojumping said:

Whatever, man. I agree with @Helobious's line of thinking. If Texas doesn't sign a guy from Pasadena/Clear Lake/Deer Park/Baytown in the 2025 class, I'm going to come completely un-fucking-hinged.

Dickinson too

16 hours ago, texifornia said:

How does Dickinson always have multiple P5 TEs on their roster at all times?

Nevermind.. Dickinson was well represented.. Hopefully one goes UT's way 

13 hours ago, The Deuce said:

Win the mom, win the croot. Go win that momma, Sark!!

EEE81231-65F7-4C67-8747-B5326E3156B4.thumb.jpeg.11877b4b9c99ec24343938289cbf6e0a.jpeg

That kid and his brother played at Allen but transferred out for some weird reason. Heard it was everything from their house was vandalized with racist messages to their dad just hated the coaching staff. 

Gerry

If I were to put in an On3 RPM for another prospect in the 2025 cycle right now, it could possibly be Jackson Christian.

The 6-foot-5, 285-pound interior offensive line prospect was back on campus in Austin Thursday, and the feeling coming out of the visit was the Longhorns are in good shape early on. The Texas staff is very high on Christian, to say the least.

http://www.hudl.com/v/2KDNz3

• Hook 'Em 1

• texifornia changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Now We Have a Machine Gun