Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Now We Have a Machine Gun

texifornia

50 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Bobby said he's hearing behind the scenes that things are trending great with Dorian Brew.

Could be related their recent crystal ball. 

They have the #1 corner committed (Sanchez), and just received a CB for the #2 guy (Offord).  #4 Brew had 3 CBs to Ohio State, including that of Fong, but perhaps their prospects with Offord are changing Brew's mind.

image.thumb.png.9bc92df45c5918e149ef507765db03ad.png

Edited by Getafix

10 minutes ago, Getafix said:

They have the #1 corner committed (Sanchez), and just received a CB for the #2 guy (Offord).  #4 Brew had 3 CBs to Ohio State, including that of Fong, but perhaps their prospects with Offord are changing Brew's mind.

All those CB picks for Brew came before he visited Texas on Jr Day and had a set announcement date.  Since then he's backed off committing.

18 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Devin Sanchez as the #4 player in the country is fucking hilarious.

6 minutes ago, tokamak said:

Does this mean Texas wants him but he's not interested, or that the player wants Texas but isn't a staff priority at the moment?

It just means that he's not at the top of the list. If Texas lands its priority targets across the OL, there won't be room for Washington. It doesn't mean they're not recruiting him or that he's trying to commit right now and Texas won't let him. On a list of a top 10-15 OL targets, you can assume Washington is anchoring or nearly anchoring that list. 

From my perspective, that's a good thing. The guy is morbidly obese and won't be able to handle the rigors of P4 CFB, and he'll likely not be able to handle the speed of it either. He's a giant novelty that people like to fantasize about in terms of throwing opposing DEs and OLBs across the field, but he's more likely to be waving at all of them as they blow by him on their way to the backfield.

• Hook 'Em 6

I thought Day wasn't allowed within a hundred yards of a school... 
He stands 100 yards downwind of the school so when he calls and says "I like the smell of your shampoo, is that coconut?" the recruits are amazed at his sensory abilities.

Orange hoodie for Sark, plain one for the dyed-beard guy.
Put him in the calculator.
Hoody? Sark is wearing a linen blazer appropriate for the warm snap in Texas, Day's jacket appears to be a wool/poly blend from Mens Wearhouse.

Edit- imma idiot, you were talking about the recruit. My statement still stands though.
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Can you translate this to English so that the rest of us can follow what you're saying?

Sanchez mom in chat stated that UT didn't recruit her son the way tosu has.  tosu was one of the last to offer him, however they took off with it.

2 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

Sanchez mom in chat stated that UT didn't recruit her son the way tosu has.  tosu was one of the last to offer him, however they took off with it.

His mom joined the chat as, like, someone invited to it because of her son? Or she's just showing up in the chat to comment and read about what various boards are saying about her son? If it is the former, okay. If it is the latter, it's yet another red flag to check off regarding my expectations of that guy's college football future.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

His mom joined the chat as, like, someone invited to it because of her son? Or she's just showing up in the chat to comment and read about what various boards are saying about her son? If it is the former, okay. If it is the latter, it's yet another red flag to check off regarding my expectations of that guy's college football future.

No there was no invitation, Gerry and the group were talking about recruiting, weren't even talking DB targets but she was in there.  

But later Gerry did state that he talked to the NS staff about Sanchez and there are NO red flags.  Great kid and when the staff says that it usually means that player will be drafted day 1.

14 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

No there was no invitation, Gerry and the group were talking about recruiting, weren't even talking DB targets but she was in there.  

But later Gerry did state that he talked to the NS staff about Sanchez and there are NO red flags.  Great kid and when the staff says that it usually means that player will be drafted day 1.

I ran through the list of North Shore recruits over the last 15 years. It's cool that Gerry will carry that for the North Shore coaches he talks to, but I don't have to do so. I think North Shore should be completely ignored as a program at this point. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Thiefery said:

earlier in the chat on the coffee and football show.. I think Devin Sanchez mom made an appearance.. Seems like UT didn't recruit her son as a priority, and that tosu was one of his last offers but took off as soon as they did.

Your interesting English aside, Devin Sanchez's mother did join the OTF morning livestream today. She stated that UT did not recruit her son as if he was a priority and that was his said preference in recruiting. Some other poster on livestream replied that he thought Devin would end up close to home at aggy.

Why did no one batsignal me that there was Devin Sanchez talk going on here. 

59 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

North Shore has been disappointing as of late.  I saw that Sanchez ran a 10.8 100 though.  Is he perhaps just overrated?

North Shore has been disappointing? Are they supposed to do better than making the state title game 5 out of the past 6 years?

47 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I ran through the list of North Shore recruits over the last 15 years. It's cool that Gerry will carry that for the North Shore coaches he talks to, but I don't have to do so. I think North Shore should be completely ignored as a program at this point. 

Ignore one of the most successful programs in the state lately because… some players didn’t pan out in college? What about the ones that did? I can name 3 of their guys on current NFL rosters off the top of my head. 

And major lulz at Sanchez being anything close to overrated. Yeah 6’2 corners that run 10.8 100s and shutdown the #1 receiver in the country in back to back title games just totally grow on trees. 

Edited by Helobious

31 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Ignore one of the most successful programs in the state lately because… some players didn’t pan out in college? What about the ones that did? I can name 3 of their guys on current NFL rosters off the top of my head. 

And major lulz at Sanchez being anything close to overrated. Yeah 6’2 corners that run 10.8 100s and shutdown the #1 receiver in the country in back to back title games just totally grow on trees. 

you counting Evans as a success story?

He shut down Duncanville so bad that he decided not to play the run which they were gashed over and over with...

Edited by Thiefery
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Is he suppose to be a shithead?

8 minutes ago, bwub60 said:

Is he suppose to be a shithead?

Just assume any North Shore player is going to be a flaming bust in college. No one is saying the guy is a shit head. That said, draw your own conclusions. Texas and Ohio State were similarly slow to make an offer to the player. The first conversation he and his people had with anyone involved at any of these places is about one thing only. That's right after the "hi, how are you?" part of the intro. Now momma's showing up to equivocate about Texas not showing the love. Well, that isn't how it works at Texas in terms of "showing love", so enjoy Columbus or College Station. 

But, hey, that guy shut down a team that didn't need to pass in order crush North Shore and he's the #4 player in the country, apparently, so sure, let's fucking get that guy, his mom, and his ranking!

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I've already provided a breakdown, in this thread, of North Shore recruits and their value + performance after leaving HS. I am correct in my sentiment and have no interest in digging that work up for your ignorant, uninformed ass. Schools spent hundreds of hours and over $1M on Zac Evans trying to get his sorry ass to campus and then trying to retain him there. He did nothing but mope as a locker room cancer, bounce around with the occasional big game, wait for his NFL eligibility to kick in and then plead a sob story to NFL teams about how he was mishandled. Some dumb fucking team drafted him late and he did nothing this year, but that, in your idiotic opinion, enables you to make a "3 players on an NFL roster" claim. 

My entire point revolves around shit like what Zac Evans has done. Or Denver Harris. Or Shadrach Banks. Or Robbie Reid. Or Kris Ross. Or sundry other shitheels coming out of that place. You have to kiss 10 turds before one of them turns into K'Lavon Chaisson. There are countless other schools with better numbers than that. That's why you see NS and Sanchez getting cursory focus from Texas now. 

So take your "major lulz" and shove them straight up your fat ass. Then, maybe go educate yourself a smidge on the subject matter before coming back here and spraying your special form of stupid all over this thread again. 

And, Chaisson is about to be jobless in the NFL.  Colossal bust.

Hell, North Shore's best representative from the past decade was a lowly ranked undrafted fellow by the name of Trey Hopkins.

So, lots of undeveloped and/or undisciplined talent.  That doesn't happen in a short period of time.   There must be something rotten in youth and lower level school sports that feed that school.   Or just overall community rot.   It's a shame for kids coming up in that system if that's the case.

Edited by Sensitive Ponytail Man

1 hour ago, Sensitive Ponytail Man said:

So, lots of undeveloped and/or undisciplined talent.  That doesn't happen in a short period of time.   There must be something rotten in youth and lower level school sports that feed that school.   Or just overall community rot.   It's a shame for kids coming up in that system if that's the case.

Sanchez and many of their other stars didn’t grow up around there or in that school system. His older brother played at a Fort Bend school, and Sanchez transferred in to NS for high school. For the superior academic environment. 

It’s been beaten to death already so I’ll leave it alone I guess. This board has already made up their minds that he’s a bust and will be terrible. We’ll see who’s right on draft day 2027.  

9 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Sanchez and many of their other stars didn’t grow up around there or in that school system. His older brother played at a Fort Bend school, and Sanchez transferred in to NS for high school. For the superior academic environment. 

It’s been beaten to death already so I’ll leave it alone I guess. This board has already made up their minds that he’s a bust and will be terrible. We’ll see who’s right on draft day 2027.  

So they didn't grow up around there... and then sucked out loud in college or the pros. So NS was the only common denominator. Got it.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Helobious said:

North Shore has been disappointing? Are they supposed to do better than making the state title game 5 out of the past 6 years?

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

Moved to North Shore for academics?   I hope this was sarcasm.  If not, well never mind.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Helobious said:

Serious question, I’m being sincere here, do you ever get tired of being a dumbass?

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

4 hours ago, Fondren & Main said:

And, Chaisson is about to be jobless in the NFL.  Colossal bust.

Hell, North Shore's best representative from the past decade was a lowly ranked undrafted fellow by the name of Trey Hopkins.

He was a bust in the  NFL, not college. College is what we care about here.

2 hours ago, Helobious said:

Sanchez transferred in to NS for high school. For the superior academic environment. 

Suspicious Weighing Options GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, SamMan said:

I find it interesting that this woman, whose son has been trending out of state seemingly since he was a freshman, and is currently committed to the school that was rumored to be the co-leader even then, thinks it prudent to lurk around another school’s fan show on YouTube, and a worthwhile endeavor to shit talk that program’s staff in some half baked attempt to drum up attention for her son. There are only two reasons why a parent would do something like that…and both are unbecoming. That guy has been off the radar, in my mind, for over a year. If she wants to lodge a complaint, I suggest she start with the staff currently responsible for her son, and the substantial number of fuckups they’ve produced in the recent past.

It’s actually hilarious that something like that would happen, and very apropos that it would be a North Shore (where entitlement seems to be endemic) recruit’s parent. I’d be embarrassed if I was the #4 recruit in the country (committed to tOSU) and my mom still felt the need to snipe another program from the comments section of a morning show on YT that covers them. Petty doesn’t seem strong enough to describe whatever the fuck that is.

I know it isn’t an apples to apples comparison, but I think about Ennis Rakestraw vs Denver Harris. One kid had to wait until the state championship game of his senior year to get noticed, Bama and Texas finally came around but he ultimately stuck to his commitment, put in years of hard work, battled through injuries, and is now one of the better CB prospects in the upcoming draft. The other kid toyed with other schools in his recruitment (made Nahlin look like a complete and utter fool, which, okay props for that, but it’s not exactly hard to do), despite getting the red carpet treatment for most of his HS career, showed up at A&M and immediately proved to be an immature dipshit who was wholly unprepared for the rather facile rigors of being a passable student athlete in college, and is now searching for his third school in 24 months. It’s not pure happenstance that the Texas staff has prioritized recruiting at Duncanville, but has not made the same effort at North Shore. That much is crystal clear.

Finally, I wouldn’t put much stock in Gerry being a mensch and telling a woman her son is a “great kid” on a livestream. I would, however, question the motives of a mother jumping on a livestream to publicly air her grievances about exactly one of the 34 schools that extended a scholarship offer to her son. Here’s a tip, mom: if your son is an ultra bluechip recruit, and you are worried about schools not recruiting him hard enough, committing nearly a full year before signing day is the polar opposite of what you should do. Every school in the goddamn country will hold a spot for that kind of recruit, even if he waits until the very last minute (or doesn’t even sign a NLI). Now, if you think your kid has peaked and his ranking is likely to fall precipitously over the course of his senior season, you made the right move. Either way, bitching about it now is beyond pointless. I mean, I understand that Columbus, OH is a long way from home, the city is a shithole, the weather fucking sucks, and the bearded man your son committed to is creepy as fuck, but that was the decision he made. I fail to see how any of that is Texas’ problem*.

*You can rest assured knowing that there is at least one Texas fan who will vigorously defend your son’s honor based almost entirely on the Hispanic origin of his surname. This hero’s name is Helobious. If you would like to send him a box of scrumptious Pulparindo (don’t worry about the Pb content) or Carlos V bars, I’m sure he would appreciate such a kind gesture.

The Rock Clapping GIF

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Fondren & Main said:

He was extremely overrated in college too.  He sure as shit did fuckall again Sam in our game.

There wasn’t much defense played in that game at all if I recall correctly. Both QBs threw for 400+ yards. Chaisson was pretty good at LSU overall though. But he only played two seasons because of injury.

In the context of “would he be worth it”, I’d say he’s one of the few North Shore kids that would’ve been worth it.

1 hour ago, Hookem10 said:

Chaisson was a bust in college….everyone knows that right ? Or y’all didn’t watch him play at all and assumed he was great because ESPN said so 

First team all-SEC, led LSU in sacks and became a first round draft pick. He was not a bust in college. He was a bust in the NFL.

1 hour ago, Lonestar88 said:

There wasn’t much defense played in that game at all if I recall correctly. Both QBs threw for 400+ yards. Chaisson was pretty good at LSU overall though. But he only played two seasons because of injury.

In the context of “would he be worth it”, I’d say he’s one of the few North Shore kids that would’ve been worth it.

First team all-SEC, led LSU in sacks and became a first round draft pick. He was not a bust in college. He was a bust in the NFL.

That’s what I meant about watching him play… I don’t give a shit about how many times he sacked the vandy qb and got sec honors and drafted by idiots. My eyes did not see a fkin stud and I figured most could see that also. He was way overrated by the tv powers and in my opinion overrated. 
And fuck him for drinking from Texas water cooler on game day in Austin 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hookem10 said:

That’s what I meant about watching him play… I don’t give a shit about how many times he sacked the vandy qb and got sec honors and drafted by idiots. My eyes did not see a fkin stud and I figured most could see that also. He was way overrated by the tv powers and in my opinion overrated. 
And fuck him for drinking from Texas water cooler on game day in Austin 

Tbf, there was no a/c in the lockerroom.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Helobious said:

7 hours ago, Helobious said:

4 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

Helobious stacks another epic post on his illustrious crap heap of opinions. 

This has to be a bit. Has to be, right?