Cowboys vs Washington: SNF

Vic Mackey

Dak is a beast and playing lights out. But giving Dalton Schultz the same amount of yardage as Coop and Ceedee is not going to work against teams better than 6-8. Schultz is Dak’s Kai Money. Dak is better than that. But I understand this all may be part of saving his best stuff for the playoffs so opposing teams don’t have more 100+ yard Coop and Ceedee games on tape for other teams to study. 

Not the best take I’ve seen here.

So dak should force more throws to WRs instead of throwing to who is open, right? Is that the hill you want to die on?
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Well yes, but basing it on formation alignment and not roster position would make throwing a TD pass to an OL impossible.

Not impossible. Depends on how many receivers are on the line and off. But you don’t run those trick formations on an NFL goalline. 

50 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

Not impossible. Depends on how many receivers are on the line and off. But you don’t run those trick formations on an NFL goalline. 

Yes, impossible. He is saying that Steele was the TE by alignment. The end man on the line of scrimmage is either the TE or a SE (if he's not immediately next to the OL) by alignment.

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

Yes, impossible. He is saying that Steele was the TE by alignment. The end man on the line of scrimmage is either the TE or a SE (if he's not immediately next to the OL) by alignment.

I know what he’s saying and maybe NFL formation rules are different. I also know Steele was a TE on the play. All I’m saying is, one of the oldest tricks in the book is splitting several receivers wide on each side with 5 down lineman and no TEs. Have some receivers on one side all on the LOS and the others off. The side where the receivers are off, that tackle is an eligible receiver. 

Again, not something you’d ever try in an NFL goalline situation, I know that wasn’t the formation here, and perhaps NFL formation rules are different. Just quibbling with the word impossible. 

Edited by Porterhouse

35 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Yes, he's eligible. Because he's the tight end (and in the NFL he has to be announced as an eligible receiver).

And he has to announce because of the number on his jersey, correct? So the refs aren't confused and throw a flag if he's downfield or catches the ball?

I think it's different than a RB lining up out wide and catching a pass. He's still a RB and therefore eligible in general to catch the ball. It's still a neat stat I guess.

And he has to announce because of the number on his jersey, correct? So the refs aren't confused and throw a flag if he's downfield or catches the ball?
I think it's different than a RB lining up out wide and catching a pass. He's still a RB and therefore eligible in general to catch the ball. It's still a neat stat I guess.

Correct. I believe in the nfl receivers have to wear between 10-19 and 80-89. There are a few other offensive positions that are slotted as well. No idea of defensive numbers though but I don’t think there is a limitation.