Sugar Bowl - Ole Miss vs Fuck Baylor

Surly Bevo

2 hours ago, 4doorsMoreWhores said:

No way

LOL yes way.

The Big 12 is losing all its conference-affiliated playoff appearances, from one school.  And still will be at 0 playoff wins.  They can try to retroactively claim Cincinnati's appearance, but 2021 Cincinnati probably wouldn't have made the playoffs if it had to play Baylor, Ok State, Iowa State and OU instead of Temple, UCF, Tulane, South Florida and East Carolina. 

46 minutes ago, Js1 said:

LOL yes way.

The Big 12 is losing all its conference-affiliated playoff appearances, from one school.  And still will be at 0 playoff wins.  They can try to retroactively claim Cincinnati's appearance, but 2021 Cincinnati probably wouldn't have made the playoffs if it had to play Baylor, Ok State, Iowa State and OU instead of Temple, UCF, Tulane, South Florida and East Carolina. 

Turn your sarcasm meter on, bro

• Hook 'Em 1

Having Cincy in the fold will lend a small bit of credibility to the conference. That CFP appearance won't mean a lot but if one of the BXII teams should go undefeated or perhaps even 1 loss I think there's a better chance than not that the champion would get in. I think that even if BU had beaten TCU the Bears might not have made it. OSU on the other hand with a win in the CCG would have put the committee in a bind. 

2 minutes ago, 4doorsMoreWhores said:

Turn your sarcasm meter on, bro

The resident OK State and Baylor turds will be along to tell us the new Big 12 will be bigly awesome and totes respected and make so much money and they'll be banging 10s every night.

Just getting ahead of them. 

• Hook 'Em 1

41 minutes ago, Js1 said:

The resident OK State and Baylor turds will be along to tell us the new Big 12 will be bigly awesome and totes respected and make so much money and they'll be banging 10s every night.

I don't think the "New Big 12" will be awesome. I do think it will be the 3rd best conference behind the SEC and Big10. The Pac12 (fuck you Lincoln Riley) is in a death spiral for dozens of reasons and the ACC is a turd unless Clemson is strong. 

My media pals say that the 2025 Big12 TV rights deal will be for at least as much money as each team is getting now - if not more so. Something about inventory, total eyeballs, location (mostly central time zone), etc. And that is with 4 more schools. 

As good as our next SEC TV deal ($70mm plus at least)? No. But potentially on par with the Big12 and way better than what is happening Out West (Oh, the ACC is screwed for the next 10 years with their crappy TC deal. Sorry, Clemson).

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

54 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Already saw them posting such on the city-data board.

On 1/2/2022 at 9:48 AM, Sgt Hulk said:

This here. Some peanut butter and jelly is alive in this thread.  We aren’t good. Haven’t been good. We are Baylor minus the rape 

Minus the rape? Unfortunately, no. Our own damn offical UT survey in 2017 survey showed that 15% of our undergraduate female population had been sexually assaulted while at Texas. Who gives a fuck if it was on campus or not. Some dickhead frat boy (our family knows who he is) roofied my cousin while she when she was a Soph and raped her. 

15% of our women get raped on our campus and we are still talking shit about Baylor? STFU -- unless you've had it happen to your family you can just STFU. We are talking about more than 1,000 women per year. 

https://president.utexas.edu/messages-speeches-2017/results-of-sexual-assault-survey

• Fuck You 7

Just now, Horns4Horns said:

15% of our women get raped on our campus and we are still talking shit about Baylor? STFU -- unless you've had it happen to your family you can just STFU. We are talking about more than 1,000 women per year. 

https://president.utexas.edu/messages-speeches-2017/results-of-sexual-assault-survey

You shut the fuck up! No one is condoning rape at Texas.

There is a HUGE difference between a rash of rapes occurring within a small community of athletes with winks and nods and cover-ups by the university (at a small school) and rapes being perpetrated by the general student population (at a large school) with none of that.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, Tex Pete said:

You shut the fuck up! No one is condoning rape at Texas.

There is a HUGE difference between a rash of rapes occurring within a small community of athletes with winks and nods and cover-ups by the university (at a small school) and rapes being perpetrated by the general student population (at a large school) with none of that.

Who gives a fuck if it was an athlete's Johnson or that of a Frat Boy? There was plenty of covering up that happened re: my cousin -- our Title IX is a total piece of shit. Who is covering up what? 

Are you also suggesting that there is no athlete SA at UT? I saw a lot of that when I was there In the 1990's. Fuck you. You don't know what you are talking about.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 4

16 minutes ago, Horns4Horns said:

Who gives a fuck if it was an athlete's Johnson or that of a Frat Boy? There was plenty of covering up that happened re: my cousin -- our Title IX is a total piece of shit. Who is covering up what? 

Are you also suggesting that there is no athlete SA at UT? I saw a lot of that when I was there In the 1990's. Fuck you. You don't know what you are talking about.

The 1990's were a generation ago, dumbass. NO ONE has advocated for rape at Texas. Why in the world would you defend Baylor? 

4 minutes ago, Horns4Horns said:

Ease back on the throttle, boss. We all know rape happens and how notoriously frustrating it can be to get justice for the victims and punish wrongdoers.

The Baylor rape scandal was something else. It has its own Wikipedia page. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

The 1990's were a generation ago, dumbass. NO ONE has advocated for rape at Texas. Why in the world would you defend Baylor? 

Our own school report was from 2017, dumbass. I am NOT defending Baylor. They did fire everyone in their administration after their unmitigated disaster. Yeah them. Do we fire anyone when 1,000 women on our campus are raped every year? Nope. 

My problem is with you dumbasses that get butt hurt about Baylor and immediately turn to "the rape thing" when 10-20x more women are getting raped on our own campus and there isn't shit being done about. Nothing.

We have our own giant problem (and we know better) but it's just so easy to point at what the idiot administration did at Baylor and say "that's them" but we are good to go / better. Bullshit.

It's just "numbers", right? Our athletes haven't been implicated, right? What is this? The Big School Rapes are To Be Expected Defense? Really? Are we that stupid now? 

So Baylor beat our ass and got to a bowl game and we didn't. So they actually know how to hire multiple football coaches who don't suck. Okay, yeah them. But please stop with the RapeU or Rapelor bullshit. We have a 10-20 bigger rape problem. They aren't just numbers too assholes. They are your sisters, your cousins or your friends. Wait until your little sister or cousin is one of the "Just A Thousand" who get sexually assaulted and then report back to me how (a) shitty it feels and (b) Baylor some how has a bigger problem than us. They don't. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 6

56 minutes ago, Horns4Horns said:

Our own school report was from 2017, dumbass. I am NOT defending Baylor. They did fire everyone in their administration after their unmitigated disaster. Yeah them. Do we fire anyone when 1,000 women on our campus are raped every year? Nope. 

My problem is with you dumbasses that get butt hurt about Baylor and immediately turn to "the rape thing" when 10-20x more women are getting raped on our own campus and there isn't shit being done about. Nothing.

We have our own giant problem (and we know better) but it's just so easy to point at what the idiot administration did at Baylor and say "that's them" but we are good to go / better. Bullshit.

It's just "numbers", right? Our athletes haven't been implicated, right? What is this? The Big School Rapes are To Be Expected Defense? Really? Are we that stupid now? 

So Baylor beat our ass and got to a bowl game and we didn't. So they actually know how to hire multiple football coaches who don't suck. Okay, yeah them. But please stop with the RapeU or Rapelor bullshit. We have a 10-20 bigger rape problem. They aren't just numbers too assholes. They are your sisters, your cousins or your friends. Wait until your little sister or cousin is one of the "Just A Thousand" who get sexually assaulted and then report back to me how (a) shitty it feels and (b) Baylor some how has a bigger problem than us. They don't. 

Wake me up when the school systematically covers it up, and in some cases encourages it, in the name of football. Fuck outta here with that same same nonsense. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Horns4Horns said:

Minus the rape? Unfortunately, no. Our own damn offical UT survey in 2017 survey showed that 15% of our undergraduate female population had been sexually assaulted while at Texas. Who gives a fuck if it was on campus or not. Some dickhead frat boy (our family knows who he is) roofied my cousin while she when she was a Soph and raped her. 

Where the fuck did you come from

You’re defending Baylor. 

Put another way- the coaches at Baylor (Teaff, Bliss, Briles, Mulkey, Drew) learn that they can pretty much get away with anything if they regularly speak about the saving Grace of Jesus Christ and how important is to them. After they figure that out, the only restraints on them is their own personal ethics. Teaff and Mulkey weren’t so bad. Bliss and Briles were. 

• Like 1

On 1/2/2022 at 1:49 PM, Richard Kimball said:

Mulkey got told "You'd better take that LSU job, cause we're not putting up with your shit, anymore." It all came down to the new basketball arena. Mulkey wanted it on campus, in between the Ferrell Center and the baseball and softball stadiums. Baylor was in negotiations with City of Waco and some private developers to put it on the bank of the Brazos, on the downtown side of I-35. The arena project will cost $185 million. Waco's chipping in $65 million, and it's going to anchor a $700 million downtown river development. 

They told Mulkey several times to STFU, they were going to put a statue of her up in front of the new arena, and make everything look smooth on the outside. She wouldn't shut up. Completing the negotiations required meet and greets with a lot of people with serious money, and Baylor was tired of Mulkey showing her ass at every possible moment, and they weren't going to let her go into negotiation meetings screaming about having the arena in an area that was too small and was going to remove about 50% of the parking from the three other facilities there. 

She'd been a pain in the ass for years, and you can usually get away with being an ass when you're winning, BUT when the money boys tell you to sit down and STFU, you either do it or go someplace else. 

Both sides have been quiet about it, but it wasn't Mulkey's choice. 

The only coach who's voluntarily left Baylor since I started covering them in around 2006* is Matt Rhule, and he was writing his number on NFL bathroom stalls before he got the Baylor job. 

*Disclaimer: I don't cover anything except football, basketball and women's basketball, and I cover as little women's basketball as I have to. 

She was a coach that brought national title banners to Waco.

If this is true, and I have zero reason to believe otherwise, then I quote this to offer some perspective on what happened between Leach and Tech.

I’ve said multiple times over the years that their relationship soured long before Adam James ever went into that closet.

Hindsight being 20/20 and all that and the Tech fb decade of futility hasn’t changed my opinion that Mike wanted to leave and Tech wanted him to go - the only variable was how much was it gonna cost both parties.

The above statement in no way denies what Mike brought to the program via wins and media attention and an overall elevation of it’s status.

The Wikipedia page is actually a pretty good synopsis.

Baylor definitely botched Title IX implementation, but the reasons are complex, and it’s absurd to say we “advocated rape.” Private universities were required by federal law to abide by Title IX without a lot of guidance on how to actually interpret the law and without any funds to do so. We were actually one of the first private schools to hire a full time Title IX coordinator, and needless to say it was not a good hire. Evangelicals have been a full two decades behind the rest of the world with respect to protecting abuse victims, and this was the beginning of the reckoning of all of that.

FWIW, I am close with someone raped her freshman year at Texas by a fellow student in an off-campus apartment in 2010. Police did not outright discourage her from filing a report, but did not encourage it either. They told her that without a witness or a rape kit within 24 hours, it was unlikely to accomplish anything except add stress to her. I share this not to say that Texas is as guilty as Baylor or anything like that, but that law enforcement, in general, tends to be a little too pragmatic about sexual assault investigations.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

Who cares. Do you know how many murders our student body commits, asshole???

Are they employees of the University, who are expected to represent the University in an appropriate manner and protect those kids they are respnsible for protecting asshole, asshole? Go fuck your Baylor apologist self. 

• Like 1

Just now, Deej said:

Are they employees of the University, who are expected to represent the University in an appropriate manner and protect those kids they are respnsible for protecting asshole, asshole? Go fuck your Baylor apologist self. 

Your meter is broken, dude

2 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

Who cares. Do you know how many murders our student body commits, asshole???

A Thousand Girls a Year get raped on Texas campus each year. Right now. And we have to keep talking about Baylor's "rape problem" from what -- 6-7 years ago?? I don't even know how many girls were assaulted up there. And who cares. But it sure as shit is form factors fewer than what's happening every day / every night in Austin. Right now.

My point is it is weak sauce hypocrisy. It's intellectually easy to not look at the stupid decisions our administration has made over the past 10 years with football (and with our own shitty Joke of a Title IX Dept) and then just call Baylor "RapeU" when they are outperforming us in football. How about we start with handling our own giant fucking rape problem going on NOW and then also find an AD who can actually hire a competent football coach. 

Is that so hard? 

• Fuck You 8

Just now, Horns4Horns said:

A Thousand Girls a Year get raped on Texas campus each year. Right now. And we have to keep talking about Baylor's "rape problem" from what -- 6-7 years ago?? I don't even know how many girls were assaulted up there. And who cares. But it sure as shit is form factors fewer than what's happening every day / every night in Austin. Right now.

My point is it is weak sauce hypocrisy. It's intellectually easy to not look at the stupid decisions our administration has made over the past 10 years with football (and with our own shitty Joke of a Title IX Dept) and then just call Baylor "RapeU" when they are outperforming us in football. How about we start with handling our own giant fucking rape problem going on NOW and then also find an AD who can actually hire a competent football coach. 

Is that so hard? 

You’re still defending Baylor. 

3 minutes ago, Deej said:

It's just "numbers" to these idiots. Until it's your sister/cousin/niece/friend/relative. But, hey, let's call Baylor Rape U from 7 years ago and Murder U from (what?) 25 years ago --  so no one (including us) has to actually look at our own Giant. Fucking. Problem. 

• Fuck You 4

6 minutes ago, Horns4Horns said:

Is that so hard? 

Your point is nonsensical. Rape is a huge problem on many campuses including ours of course.  Does that mean they're suddenly not responsible for covering up what their football team did? Are you going to bring up general statistics to defend any instance of a coverup that occurs in any scenario? Now do Penn State.

Edited by Bevo14

1 minute ago, Tex Pete said:

You’re still defending Baylor. 

There is no defense for what they did. They fired their President. They fired their AD. They fired their Head Coach. We survey 7,500 of our own students. We then produce a report that shows that 1,000 of our own schools girls being sexually assaulted. And all we do is call it "Unacceptable" but no one is fired? Now THAT is unacceptable. 

We always save the best for last, right? The "report" then says "call the Title IX" department. LOL. You want to know what happens when you call that number? A whole lot of fucking nothing. That's what. 

My point is that at least Baylor had the balls to account for it. We don't do shit but that doesn't stop the idiots here from always pointing the finger north of us when our problem is 10-20x bigger when it comes to actual human lives destroyed.

Now YOU get the fuck outta here, Asshole.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 3

2 minutes ago, Horns4Horns said:

There is no defense for what they did. They fired their President. They fired their AD. They fired their Head Coach. We survey 7,500 of our own students. We then produce a report that shows that 1,000 of our own schools girls being sexually assaulted. And all we do is call it "Unacceptable" but no one is fired? Now THAT is unacceptable. 

We always save the best for last, right? The "report" then says "call the Title IX" department. LOL. You want to know what happens when you call that number? A whole lot of fucking nothing. That's what. 

My point is that at least Baylor had the balls to account for it. We don't do shit but that doesn't stop the idiots here from always pointing the finger north of us when our problem is 10-20x bigger when it comes to actual human lives destroyed.

Casey Horny, is that you? Take it somewhere else. Fuck Baylor. 

3 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

Your point is nonsensical. Rape is a huge problem on many campuses including ours of course.  Does that mean they're suddenly not responsible for covering up what their football team did? Are you going to bring up general statistics to defend any instance of a coverup that occurs in any scenario? Now do Penn State.

Baylor fired the school President (Ken Starr is such a tool).

They fired the AD.

They fired the Head Coach.

Where is our accountability in our administration? We have 5x the number of Co-Eds but 20x more sexual assaults. I'll let you do Penn State. Will that make you feel better about our 1,000 rapes a year?

• Fuck You 4

Look, Baylor football was initiating freshmen by roofy- ing girls, running trains on them while unconscious, and covered it up. They were willing to discard players, coaches and administrators as needed, sure, but don’t give them credit for that. The goal was to do anything required to cover up the ugliness about their program. The school is garbage. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Horns4Horns said:

What makes you think Texas is worse than most other schools?

13 minutes ago, statsman said:

Look, Baylor football was initiating freshmen by roofy- ing girls, running trains on them while unconscious, and covered it up. They were willing to discard players, coaches and administrators as needed, sure, but don’t give them credit for that. The goal was to do anything required to cover up the ugliness about their program. The school is garbage. 

No disagreement with you. That shit sucks and they should pay. And pay big. Looks like they did. Same for Penn State -- since someone asked. 

Are those schools garbage? Are we still racists because we sing "Eyes of Texas"? According to our report, No. And I believe that report fully.

There were people running those schools then that made huge fucking mistakes. Glad they got scorched and then fired. Fuck them. That's on the people. Not the school. Institutions don't make mistakes. The people running them do. 

My point is our people running our school right now are not doing nearly enough on campus sexual assaults. Right now. It's not an institutional problem. It's a leadership problem. We need those people canned now. Same as what Baylor did. Not sure what Penn State did but recall they cleaned house also. Good on them. Fire the leaders and start over. Why wait for "the big problem" to erupt in the press when the numbers are so big?

Thanks for your post. 

• Fuck You 3

56 minutes ago, Horns4Horns said:

Did that report include information that the administration knew of specific rape cases and instead of investigating them intentionally covered them up?

• Like 1

Baylor fired the school President (Ken Starr is such a tool).

They fired the AD.

They fired the Head Coach.

Where is our accountability in our administration? We have 5x the number of Co-Eds but 20x more sexual assaults. I'll let you do Penn State. Will that make you feel better about our 1,000 rapes a year?

Maybe you can remind me. But I remember them removing one guy at a time, hoping to drag it out long enough for it to die in the public before they got to their precious rape apologist ring leader and more important winner, CAB. When that didn’t happen, they begrudgingly fired him, all the while blaming big, bad, Texas. Not tape fingers and his “where the white wimmen at” recruiting pitch, not CAB who knew about and tried to cover it up, just UT. They should have been booted from the conference and left to die.  But yeah, I guess CAB still can’t find anything better than a high school gig because it really wasn’t that big a deal, at least compared to the off campus rape that happens across universities the nation over.   Fuck Baylor. Fuck Briles. 

Edited by fattyflattie
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Maybe you can remind me. But I remember them removing one guy at a time, hoping to drag it out long enough for it to die in the public before they got to their precious rape apologist ring leader and more important winner, CAB. When that didn’t happen, they begrudgingly fired him, all the while blaming big, bad, Texas. Not tape fingers and his “where the white wimmen at” recruiting pitch, not CAB who knew about and tried to cover it up, just UT. They should have been booted from the conference and left to die.  But yeah, I guess CAB still can’t find anything better than a high school gig because it really wasn’t that big a deal, at least compared to the off campus rape that happens across universities the nation over.   Fuck Baylor. Fuck Briles. 

I don't know to whom you're referring. Briles was fired the day the report was released. President and AD lasted a couple more weeks. 

1 hour ago, Deej said:

Probably not. But with 1,000 reports of sexual harassment against (not making this up) actual UT-Austin employees and faculty in 2020 alone, who should be the fucking apologist? What in the hell is going on at our University? Who gives a fuck about coverups when you have actual rapes and assaults in the thousands each year from both the student population and faculty? LMFAO. We crap on Penn State and Baylor and have 1,000 reported violations FROM FACULTY AND STAFF? WTF???? Go fuck yourself, "Apologist".

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/education/university-of-texas/university-of-texas-austin-sexual-harassment-assault-reports-employees/269-141e805f-ef7d-45b0-a0b0-4cbb1a302607

• Fuck You 2

The Texas job is like that cologne that used to be sold exclusively at Neiman Marcus in the 1980s but can now be bought from a glass cabinet on the countertop at a convenience store towns in towns like Groesbeck, along with a set of nunchucks and some grape swisher sweet cigarillos.

• Haha 2
  • Fuck You 3

6 minutes ago, BearSchlong said:

The Texas job is like that cologne that used to be sold exclusively at Neiman Marcus in the 1980s but can now be bought from a glass cabinet on the countertop at a convenience store towns in towns like Groesbeck, along with a set of nunchucks and some grape swisher sweet cigarillos.

And we even have tenured professors who are teaching classes entitled "What is the Age of Consent Among Young Males?" and the "Mythology of Rape". And we are bitching about Penn State and Baylor and calling them PedU and RapeU? GTFOH

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/uncategorized/529226-texas-mythologies-of-rape-professor-files-libel

You can't make this shit up. 

• Fuck You 3

15 minutes ago, Horns4Horns said:

Probably not. But with 1,000 reports of sexual harassment against (not making this up) actual UT-Austin employees and faculty in 2020 alone, who should be the fucking apologist? What in the hell is going on at our University? Who gives a fuck about coverups when you have actual rapes and assaults in the thousands each year from both the student population and faculty? LMFAO. We crap on Penn State and Baylor and have 1,000 reported violations FROM FACULTY AND STAFF? WTF???? Go fuck yourself, "Apologist".

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/education/university-of-texas/university-of-texas-austin-sexual-harassment-assault-reports-employees/269-141e805f-ef7d-45b0-a0b0-4cbb1a302607

Well maybe you shouldn't be so bad at reading. Let me help you out a bit. That article doesn't say what you're saying it says. It does not say that there were 1,000 reports of sexual harassment against (or by) UT employees and faculty. It says that UT employees and faculty received 1,000 complaints that include sexual harassment and assault. It goes on to say that in many of the cases the respondent (i.e., the one who allegedly committed the offense) was not affiliated with the university. UT employees must file reports an all reports of sexual harassment, assault, etc. that they receive, including those cases when a student reports to a faculty member that someone who has nothing to do with UT assaulted them.

Again, the article is saying that there were 1,000 reports made to UT employees. Not that the employees were involved in the incident that was reported. You're making things worse, not better, with this hysterical display.

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Hook 'Em 5

In the Gospel, Jesus says that what we do for the least among us- the weakest, the most vulnerable- we do for Him. By those standards, Baylor roofied Jesus, ran a train on him, and when He sought redress, told Him to fuck off. 

We are having this conversation here, because to this day, Baylor refuses to discuss it openly, and because Baylor boards refuse to allow anybody to comment on this topic. So, please don’t argue that Baylor has dealt with this issue in any meaningful way. And please don’t expect us to celebrate any sporting victories by that band of hypocrites until they do honestly repent. 

Edited by statsman
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Baylor, more than any other school in the conference, is deathly afraid of being left behind and regulated to irrelevance in the cesspool college sports has become. It is why, they have made sure there are no Bibles in the room when they execute  various versions of their by any means necessary strategy. They will build anything, pay any price, cross any line to remain relevant. Be it athletics or academics, Baylor will do what it takes to be at the table and not on the menu.

What will the Baylor job be after Texas stops playing you? Who will you sell out home dates against? Who will you play on ABC broadcasts?
Sick burn.

It'll be heaven for a coach that can go over .500 against TCU.

We bow to our new Mormon overlords.

Have fun in your SEC basement, kiddo.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck You 4