Cowboys vs 49ers: Wild Card Round

Vic Mackey

16 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

oh, and the only QB to lose 3 conference championship games in a row...... danny white

Donavan McNabb also did this in the early 2000s. Lost to the Rams, Tampa and Carolina 3 years in a row. Finally got over the hump the next season to beat Atlanta with a very young Michael Vick, He went to 4 straight. 

13 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

fuck the iggles

i did not know that

but danny white still sucks

did i mention fuck the iggles

At this point, I have never seen Dallas have any playoff success as an adult. The 90s Cowboys was grade school for me. Give me a QB who can get to even one single NFC title game, much less 3 in a row. Since Dallas won the Super Bowl in 1995, they have won a total of 4 playoff games. All home wild card games. Dallas holds company with Detroit and Washington with the longest NFC title game drought. Hell, even teams like a fucking Cardinals have been to multiple and even a Super Bowl.

We have seen Philly go to a ton and win a Super Bowl. We have seen SF build a Super Bowl appearance team, tear it all down and get right back there in the same decade. While Dallas continues to trip over their dick.

All because of Jerry's ego.

At this point, I have never seen Dallas have any playoff success as an adult. The 90s Cowboys was grade school for me. Give me a QB who can get to even one single NFC title game, much less 3 in a row. Since Dallas won the Super Bowl in 1995, they have won a total of 4 playoff games. All home wild card games. Dallas holds company with Detroit and Washington with the longest NFC title game drought. Hell, even teams like a fucking Cardinals have been to multiple and even a Super Bowl.
We have seen Philly go to a ton and win a Super Bowl. We have seen SF build a Super Bowl appearance team, tear it all down and get right back there in the same decade. While Dallas continues to trip over their dick.

And then there are those of us who grew up when the Cowboys went to the playoffs 18 times in 20 years, had one coach, won two SB, and truly were America’s team. I don’t remember the first 13 or 14 years because I was so young. And then to be in my young 20’s when the Triplets and Jimmy came along??? Man it was fun to be a Cowboys fan when I was young. I’d like to experience that again some day before I shuffle off this Earth.
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

10 minutes ago, Hate said:

And then there are those of us who grew up when the Cowboys went to the playoffs 18 times in 20 years, had one coach, won two SB, and truly were America’s team. I don’t remember the first 13 or 14 years because I was so young. And then to be in my young 20’s when the Triplets and Jimmy came along??? Man it was fun to be a Cowboys fan when I was young. I’d like to experience that again some day before I shuffle off this Earth.

And then there are those that were 4 when the cowboys last won a super bowl with older brothers that were just old enough to appreciate the 90s dynasty. That’s why I laugh at the fact that this team still has bandwagon fans. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Old enough to get dropped off at st Ed’s to watch training camp and try to get autographs, young enough to not rather do something else.

Great sweet spot and why I can’t stop being a fan.

Being old enough to afford a rose bowl ticket and young enough to not think twice about spending that money was similar.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Hate said:

I always chuckle at this. No bandwagon fans in Dallas. At all. Who the fuck is bandwagoning a team who hasn't had big success in over 2 decades. They all went to the Pats, Chiefs, Bucs and the likes. 

On 1/14/2022 at 6:09 AM, 956 Worldwide said:

He cares about being in charge much more than he cares about money. He’d rather lose than win without being perceived as the jefe and big brain. 

I'd say this is correct. He probably does "care about winning" to the extent that he doesn't like losing and gets excited about winning individual games, but he doesn't care in the right way.

Being the big cheese and making money - and he has been tremendously good at it since 1989 - is the real priority. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Go Cowboys

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

4.PNG

Where does one go about procuring a chain link giant star chain? I have an obnoxiously loud and tacky Cowboys heavy jacket from the very early 2000s that I wear only on playoff game days. 

So that means it's still in like new condition. 

That chain would be the perfect accoutrement 

• Like 1

Cowboys fans will love Micah Parsons mentality on beating ‘bully ball’ 49ers

Alicia de Artola  2 days ago

Dallas Cowboys LB Micah Parsons is already a fan favorite but he'll pick up even more cred thanks to his answer about playing the "bully ball" 49ers.

AASInji.img?h=577&w=874&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

© Provided by Fansided

The Cowboys will be tested on Sunday when they face the 49ers in the NFC Wild Card game.

San Francisco has had to scrap their way to the postseason by leaning into a "bully ball" mentality, which means being physical on both sides of the ball at all times.

Ahead of the matchup, Cowboys rookie Micah Parsons was asked about facing a team that has embraced that kind of mindset. He seemed entirely unfazed.

"I'm from Harrisburg where the bullies get bullied," Parsons said, per Jon Machota of The Athletic. "At some point, it's gonna take someone to stand up and fight. I never backed down from a challenge. I would never say you can bully a lion. Ever."

He added more fuel to the fire with additional comments on facing this physical 49ers squad.

"I don't think nobody's gonna hand their equipment in and say, 'hey, we can't beat the 49ers, let's go home.' Nah. We're gonna knuckle up and focus in on the details," Parsons said, per Bobby Belt of 1053 The Fan.

This will be Parsons' first taste of playoff football but he's certainly brought a lion's mentality to his debut season in the NFL. In 16 starts, the rookie had 84 tackles, 20 tackles for loss, 13 sacks, three pass breakups and three forced fumbles. He's one of the favorites for the NFL Rookie of the Year Award.

He's been backing up his talk all year. This will be the biggest stage for him to make his mark so far.

1 hour ago, crimsonlonghorn said:

I'd say this is correct. He probably does "care about winning" to the extent that he doesn't like losing and gets excited about winning individual games, but he doesn't care in the right way.

Being the big cheese and making money - and he has been tremendously good at it since 1989 - is the real priority. 

I think for most of his time he just cared about having power and creating this really big thing for his family to have and manage for generations. But in the last few years, the old man has been pretty up front about how badly he's fucked up and seems to get really choked up talking about trying to win one more. I legit think this is the most he's cared about winning.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

On 1/14/2022 at 5:52 AM, Longboard Horn said:

All Jerruh cares about is money. He doesn't give a fuck about winning. 

On 1/14/2022 at 6:35 AM, Longboard Horn said:

$50-55 to park, $12 beers, $100 for standing room only tickets. Money hungry 

eye-roll-ugh.gif

Congrats on winning 'dumbest take of the year' award just 14 days in. That's quite a feat.

• Hook 'Em 2

Old enough to remember my dad parking in someone's yard at Fair Park and watching Meredith and Bart Starr play a preseason game in the Cotton bowl. I still have the pennants for both. I've got a lot of old Cowboy memorabilia (including individual pictures of everyone on the '71 team. A nickel a piece by mail). If they ever start winning again it might be worth something. The success of the Landry and the Johnson years set me up for decades of disappointment after JJ's ego took over. 

Fuck the cowboys. 

Damn, it feels good to say that on the eve of a playoff game. Lifelong 9er fan here. So excited that these two teams are about to go at it. We’ve both had ages of shitty ownership. I’m not saying that’s over, but at least for this year, the 9ers and cowboys are fighting for a ring. The NFL universe feels aligned. 

Best of luck cowboys. Also fuck you. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 2

2 hours ago, NAVY said:

Fuck the cowboys. 

Damn, it feels good to say that on the eve of a playoff game. Lifelong 9er fan here. So excited that these two teams are about to go at it. We’ve both had ages of shitty ownership. I’m not saying that’s over, but at least for this year, the 9ers and cowboys are fighting for a ring. The NFL universe feels aligned. 

Thanks. And fuck you too. More!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

I think for most of his time he just cared about having power and creating this really big thing for his family to have and manage for generations. But in the last few years, the old man has been pretty up front about how badly he's fucked up and seems to get really choked up talking about trying to win one more. I legit think this is the most he's cared about winning.

Anyone who says he doesn't care at all about winning is fucking stupid.  He may not care about winning ENOUGH to change his ways, but he absolutely craves winning another SB.  But as always, it has to be his way.

2 hours ago, NAVY said:

Fuck the cowboys. 

not funny middle finger GIF by Martellus Bennett

No fuck you....and good lukc.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

On 1/12/2022 at 2:32 PM, Underdog said:

I had read somewhere that Clark had reached out to Walls some years after this play concerned of his welfare and that they developed a friendship up till Clark's death. It was a real nice, touching story. 

Whatever.  Fuck Dwight Clark.

• Like 2

nobody, that truly cares only about winning, rolls with Jason fucking Garrett for 10 years while having Tony Romo.  he cared more about wanting to claim to have groomed Garrett to a Super Bowl while being GM picking the players.

The Jimmy thing just eats at him to no end. 

Here's to hoping Dak and the team can do it. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

I’d put both over wildly inconsistent Josh Allen 

Lol we’re over here talking about not having a consistent run game. Look at what Josh Allen. He is their run game. Can’t agree with you on this one. I think Allen is in that tier with Mahomes. That might be an unpopular opinion, but I think he’s so fucking special. 

1 minute ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Lol we’re over here talking about not having a consistent run game. Look at what Josh Allen. He is their run game. Can’t agree with you on this one. I think Allen is in that tier with Mahomes. That might be an unpopular opinion, but I think he’s so fucking special. 

I think he’s a great football player and a completely non-dependable QB 

Josh Allen won a playoff game where his defense scored as many points as he did. Any qb with a pulse can do that if you are asked to do that little
  • Like 1

Josh Allen being better than Dak isn’t just my opinion. It’s the overwhelming opinion of any football fan that isn’t a Dak stan. I’m not even factoring in age. I’m just saying straight up. Every qb that isn’t in that top tier has had inconsistent stretches, including Dak. I honestly didn’t even think this one was debatable. I’ll listen to you if you want to say Kyler isn’t better than dak. I personally think he is, but they’re in the same tier. I’d listen if you want to say Dak is better than burrow. Allen, not so much.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Lol half those will be thrown away…. Any team that travels good it’s almost a home game for visiting teams every time at Jerry world, atleast in regular season but we don’t know much about post season home games there yet.   Love all the early post saying this will definitely be Sunday night or Monday night game…. I’m not really a Cowboys hater cause I don’t care that much as a Bears fan but Cowboys fan arrogance when not really winning anything recently is only matched by aggie. 

Edited by Hook1997

12 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Lol half those will be thrown away…. Any team that travels good it’s almost a home game for visiting teams every time at Jerry world, atleast in regular season but we don’t know much about post season home games there yet.   Love all the early post saying this will definitely be Sunday night or Monday night game…. I’m not really a Cowboys hater cause I don’t care that much as a Bears fan but Cowboys fan arrogance when not really winning anything recently is only matched by aggie. 

Monday night was never even an option. That is for the JV fanbases. MNF in a playoff game is stupid and Dallas was not being placed there.

Sunday at 3:30 is a primetime slot as well as SNF. It's been like that every single season and those games are more premier than MNF.

Have you checked the biggest ratings of any given season? Dallas dominates compared to any other single team. Dallas/Raiders was in the same ballpark as the NFC championship last season. It isn't arrogance that Dallas draws ratings more than any other team. That is backed by facts. nothing aggy about that,.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Cowboys fan arrogance when not really winning anything recently is only matched by aggie. 

Haha not even close. The Cowboys are the most popular team in the world, in any sport. aggy…not so much. Sadly, Longhorn fans would have been a much better analogy.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, NAVY said:

Real Madrid must be an alt spelling of cowboys cause I don’t see them anywhere on this list from google 

https://www.goal.com/en-us/amp/news/real-madrid-chelsea-most-popular-sports-teams-google-2021/blt4e7bc3ffb35267e4

5F46A7C4-75FB-46AE-8BEB-CF57E346B10F.jpeg

I’ll take Forbes value as an indicator of popularity over google searches all day.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozanian/2021/05/07/worlds-most-valuable-sports-teams-2021/?sh=140c9fe83e9e

Edited by Landomatic
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, NAVY said:

Real Madrid must be an alt spelling of cowboys cause I don’t see them anywhere on this list from google 

https://www.goal.com/en-us/amp/news/real-madrid-chelsea-most-popular-sports-teams-google-2021/blt4e7bc3ffb35267e4

5F46A7C4-75FB-46AE-8BEB-CF57E346B10F.jpeg

https://www.thesportster.com/football/nfl-fanbases-fans-best-worst-obnoxious-wholesome/amp/

There’s plenty of list with Cowboys fans being top ten worst fans overall….  Just look at Facebook after they win three games in a row any year, it’s “this is our year”. Cowboys run the nfl”, ect ect…

29 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

Haha not even close. The Cowboys are the most popular team in the world, in any sport. aggy…not so much. Sadly, Longhorn fans would have been a much better analogy.

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/979699-the-50-most-popular-teams-in-sports.amp.html

most valuable maybe but this list has them as not even the most popular in the nfl…. Not many list have them as the most popular in the world at all or even America..   Once again post like this are why people don’t like their fans.

Edited by Hook1997
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Hook1997 said:

https://www.thesportster.com/football/nfl-fanbases-fans-best-worst-obnoxious-wholesome/amp/

There’s plenty of list with Cowboys fans being top ten worst fans in all….  Just look at Facebook after they win three games in a row any year, it’s “this is our year”. Cowboys run the nfl”, ect ect…

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/979699-the-50-most-popular-teams-in-sports.amp.html

most valuable maybe but this list has them as not even the most popular in the nfl…. Not many list have them as the most popular in the world at all….  Once again post like this are why people don’t like them.  

What do you think drives value? Watch any national sports broadcast and the Cowboys dominate the show. You think networks do that because nobody wants to watch them?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Unless you are a fan of the Eagles, Giants, or WFT, you're simply a dipshit hater if you "hate the cowboys". I could give a fuck about your team.

I grew up hating the Cowboys because I was an Oilers fan surrounded by Cowboy fans. I’m indifferent now but still laugh at shots of Jerrah in the owners box when they’re losing. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

What do you think drives value? Watch any national sports broadcast and the Cowboys dominate the show. You think networks do that because nobody wants to watch them?

Well Texas is the most valuable team for years in college when was the last time we lead in viewership??  Most valuable because Jerry runs a good business and charges a $100 for parking and gets away with it and when they are decent people love to watch them lose, just like the Longhorns….  When the cowboys are 7-9 no one gives a shit, yea viewership was up this year….  Not the years they suck, they are not the most watched.   You don’t hear Texas fans argue things like that in down years as a point, you do Cowboy and aggie fans though from the roof tops about how good they are still or will be next year because of ect ect..  That’s my only point lol

Edited by Hook1997

On 1/14/2022 at 6:09 AM, 956 Worldwide said:

He cares about being in charge much more than he cares about money. He’d rather lose than win without being perceived as the jefe and big brain. 

I laugh at anyone who says Jerry cares more about $$ than winning.

NOTHING would make Jerry Jones more $$ than the Dallas Cowboys winning another Super Bowl.

Edited by lilMAC25
  • Like 1