Cowboys vs 49ers: Wild Card Round

Vic Mackey

Griese and Riddick sound too much alike. I can’t tell the difference in their voices. They are fine, but not entertaining. There are no characters in the announcing game any more and hasn’t been in a long time.

Tones Romes tried his damndest to bring us “Coked Up Hyena” this season.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jive Turkey said:

I’m sticking with Saturday night. Like the Seattle game a few years back. Seems like the only way to explain flexing us to last night. 

Saturday night would be great and a lot of fun.

I know for sure we won't get the early Saturday or Sunday game.

• Haha 1

Lol at the ridiculous idea that the NFL "needs" Dallas on Monday Night for more viewers. 

It's the playoffs. If it was Jacksonville vs Cleveland at 7am on a Wednesday morning, there would still be 30M people tuned in. 

The country is addicted to football. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TornACL said:

Lol at the ridiculous idea that the NFL "needs" Dallas on Monday Night for more viewers. 

It's the playoffs. If it was Jacksonville vs Cleveland at 7am on a Wednesday morning, there would still be 30M people tuned in. 

The country is addicted to football. 

True. But the only time slot that typically “struggles” by NFL standards  is Saturday night.  Hence, why the Cowboys have been a popular choice for that game in the past. 

• Like 2

Dumb is what Goodell does best. Especially adding more playoff teams and an extra week of the regular season. Like the brutally violent, long NFL season needs more games. Both of those were dumb as hell. And a MNF game in the playoffs is a terrible idea. I would never want my team to have to play that time slot.

Then you’ll really hate an 18th game. When I was a kid the season was 14 games, but there were 6 preseason games, which the starters played most of the snaps and they were played to win. So 20 games.

Preseason games suck. Season tix holders pay full value for those games and you can’t give them away. Trading those for regular season games is great. Players get more money. Fans get more games. We all win.

Could be a not so tough win for Dallas. Depends on which Garoppolo shows up. 

*which cowboys team shows up.

I’m already hearing these “experts” talk about what a bad matchup this is and how San Fran will just run all over Dallas.

Vegas made Dallas 3 point faves. The talking heads think the game is already over…unless “jimmy G throws a bad pick/makes a mistake”.

So it already set up. Even IF Dallas wins, it’s because of what they did, not Dallas being better.

15 minutes ago, Drew said:

Vegas made Dallas 3 point faves. The talking heads think the game is already over…unless “jimmy G throws a bad pick/makes a mistake”.   So it already set up. Even IF Dallas wins, it’s because of what they did, not Dallas being better.

Cowboys need to nut up and beat the 49ers -- or suffer the consequences of the media bashing the fuck out of them and their organization.

Win or STFU Cowboys...

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, Drew said:

I’m already hearing these “experts” talk about what a bad matchup this is and how San Fran will just run all over Dallas.

Vegas made Dallas 3 point faves. The talking heads think the game is already over…unless “jimmy G throws a bad pick/makes a mistake”.

So it already set up. Even IF Dallas wins, it’s because of what they did, not Dallas being better.

Here's the amazing thing about the playoffs. It only matters if you win. Who gives a shit what anyone says about how or why the game was won?

Games are not decided by the gasbag chuckleheads that fill up time slots on cable TV

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Dumb is what Goodell does best. Especially adding more playoff teams and an extra week of the regular season. Like the brutally violent, long NFL season needs more games. Both of those were dumb as hell. And a MNF game in the playoffs is a terrible idea. I would never want my team to have to play that time slot.

You seem to be confused about Goodell's role here and who is actually running things. . 

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

Cowboys need to nut up and beat the 49ers -- or suffer the consequences of the media bashing the fuck out of them and their organization.

Win or STFU Cowboys...

We’ll yeah, just like every year we’re in the playoffs. It’s been 25 years, I’m immune to it by now, just hoping we can turn the tide finally, but I have little optimism. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Anybody else notice how absolutely atrocious the ref's spot is on this play? Dude spotted the ball 2 yards shallow of where Harper lands. 

Goddam, that game was the tits. That was the game when I realized Jimmy's Cowboys were for real and not just a hot streak That was the beginning of the dynasty. I think the Cowboys realized it after that game, too, because they got some swagger, too. 

3 hours ago, Drew said:

page forums GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, utxmike05 said:

Fuk the niners! We got this if we don't beat ourselves.

Gotta love when people start analyzing historical records between two teams lol.  As if the team/coaching from past decades/centuries matter now. 

Cowboys would have to go to Tampa after? Revenge...

Yep. Unless the Eagles knock off Tampa, then the Eagles would get Green Bay and we get the winner of Arizona and the Rams, here at home. 

I do not see Hurts with that offense going on the road to Tampa and beating Brady. Although Tampa does not have all their weapons as they did last year. Tampa's defense should shut down the Eagles enough. That game is Saturday night so we will know our next round opponent after that game shall we beat SF.

4 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Yep. Unless the Eagles knock off Tampa, then the Eagles would get Green Bay and we get the winner of Arizona and the Rams, here at home. 

I do not see Hurts with that offense going on the road to Tampa and beating Brady. Although Tampa does not have all their weapons as they did last year. Tampa's defense should shut down the Eagles enough. That game is Saturday night so we will know our next round opponent after that game shall we beat SF.

True. I was assuming iggles are an easy out for Tampa....but would be cool if they had the upset.  Season has been weird already...

9 minutes ago, utxmike05 said:

True. I was assuming iggles are an easy out for Tampa....but would be cool if they had the upset.  Season has been weird already...

It should be an easy out. That would be a huge upset if Eagles can knock them off. I feel kind of dirty even rooting for the Eagles in that game. But it would be true Cowboys fashion for that upset to happen and not take advantage and lose to SF. They already did this last week against Arizona when the 2 seed was very much in control. Now in hindsight it didn't matter because Arizona and Rams lost this week so the 3 way tie that would have made Dallas the 2 seed would not have came into play. Tampa beat us so they would have got it with a 2 way tie. But no one knew it last week.

Dallas is most likely going to have to beat both Brady and Rodgers on the road to get to the Super Bowl. But I am not even sure they can beat SF to even have the chance.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

You should be listening to Brad and Babe anyway.

I never listen to the TV guys during a Cowboy game.

I rarely ever listen to radio for games unless I have to. A few years ago, me and my uncle had to go somewhere during the thanksgiving game and we had to listen. Brad Sham was awful. We listened for a long time and had no idea what was going on. What the score was, time left in what quarter. Maybe he used to be better? Wouldn't know because I never listen. I have listened to high school announcers who do a much better job at painting the picture and resetting what is going on in the game. This is radio, I can't see all the stats on the screen that tells me all that at any given time.

Edited by Vic Mackey

13 hours ago, Tired Horn said:

Could be a not so tough win for Dallas. Depends on which Garoppolo shows up. 

as i've been saying for 2 months, this team is a winner IF WE CAN RUN THE FUCKING FOOTBALL IN JANUARY

the only way we get past wodgers or brady is if we have pounded the fuck out of their defenses for 3 quarters so we can either throw at will to catch up if needed or salt a game

all of the other pieces are there and dak doesn't even have to be all-world

RUN

THE

FUCKING

BALL

and in fact i would prefer to not use zeke as much as possible and save him for late or the next week or the week after or.....

14 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

I rarely ever listen to radio for games unless I have to. A few years ago, me and my uncle had to go somewhere during the thanksgiving game and we had to listen. Brad Sham was awful. We listened for a long time and had no idea what was going on. What the score was, time left in what quarter. Maybe he used to be better? Wouldn't know because I never listen. I have listened to high school announcers who do a much better job at painting the picture and resetting what is going on in the game. This is radio, I can't see all the stats on the screen that tells me all that at any given time.

I was listening to the end of the Patriots game earlier this year and he never once said Diggs scored on the interception.  Just kept repeating "of course it's Diggs".  Eventually he said Cowboys were going for two.

16 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

This take is as bad as your taste in women.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

It should be an easy out. That would be a huge upset if Eagles can knock them off. I feel kind of dirty even rooting for the Eagles in that game. But it would be true Cowboys fashion for that upset to happen and not take advantage and lose to SF. They already did this last week against Arizona when the 2 seed was very much in control. Now in hindsight it didn't matter because Arizona and Rams lost this week so the 3 way tie that would have made Dallas the 2 seed would not have came into play. Tampa beat us so they would have got it with a 2 way tie. But no one knew it last week.

Dallas is most likely going to have to beat both Brady and Rodgers on the road to get to the Super Bowl. But I am not even sure they can beat SF to even have the chance.

It’s kind of crazy to think, but I would prefer the Bucs over the Rams/Cardinals next round if it came to it. With Godwin/Ab gone and Fournette limited that leaves Evans and Gronk. Diggs neutralizes Evans and Brady is very limited. Lattimore for NO always does well against Evans and you see what the Saints were able to do. I know it’s Brady and all but the formula is there to take them out. Of course let’s beat up Jimmy G first. 

• Like 1