Unruly assholes on airplanes and the "no fly" list

Gil Bang

16 hours ago, Satchel said:

There should be progressive discipline for those who put their hands on crew members. First offense should earn a year prohibition from flying. Second offense, 5 years. Third offense, perma ban with no appeal process.

1st offense should be permaban.

• Hook 'Em 4

Flight crews are vulnerable at 30,000 feet. Any passenger who lays a hand a crew member should be prohibited from flying. I’m just not convinced a drunken 19 year old girl who pushes away the hand of a flight attendant should be kept off planes for the rest of her life.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 2/17/2022 at 12:52 PM, Macanudo said:

When I used to fly for work, I enjoyed being out of contact with the world for that brief amount of time.   Put on me earphones, jam on some music and read a book for fun.   It was FABULOUS to not be working or answering emails. 

I loved flying for work for this.  If I can't bill for both the the travel and the extra work, then fuck it, I'm having a drink and reading a book.

1 hour ago, Satchel said:

Flight crews are vulnerable at 30,000 feet. Any passenger who lays a hand a crew member should be prohibited from flying. I’m just not convinced a drunken 19 year old girl who pushes away the hand of a flight attendant should be kept off planes for the rest of her life.

That 19 year old grows up to be a Karen who calls the cops on a kid with a lemonade stand.   Nip it in the bud early.

Just now, Macanudo said:

That 19 year old grows up to be a Karen who calls the cops on a kid with a lemonade stand.   Nip it in the bud early.

Or the 19 year old grows up to lead a repaired, exemplary life. The sentence should fit the crime. Proportionality is key here.

17 hours ago, Satchel said:

How about 10 years, then? Don't like that? Then don't get drunk and push away the hand of a flight attendant. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

The overlap of hippy granola people and right wing redneck assholes is a strange part of the simulation. 

Oh, I don't know it's all that strange, Biff. I mean if we could travel back in time to Boston, Massachusetts I'm sure the folks surrounding Hester Prynne were an equal mix of Puritan shame-mongers and needlework enthusiasts. With social media, the algorithm finds the common thread.