Fuck Trudeau.

Incredulity

1 hour ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

So many assertions here. NYT quoted the online fundraising was 50% Canadian, 50% other. You’re just attempting to frame it as meddling when there’s citizens with real grievances. 

Why do you characterize it as being carried out by white nationalists? Because Trudeau called it that?

Your post is largely third-rate sophistry. I will address the part above.

You seemingly quibble in your mealy-mouthed way that 50% foreign funding for political action against vaccines that choked the capital city doesn't even arise to the level of, and I quote, "meddling." 

Do you feel this way about political action in the US let's say anywhere on the spectrum between the Unite the Right Charlottesville and the BLM response to police murder? 

You're dishonest if you answer yes. Or fucking nuts.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

there’s citizens

2 hours ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

So many assertions here. NYT quoted the online fundraising was 50% Canadian, 50% other. You’re just attempting to frame it as meddling when there’s citizens with real grievances. 

Why do you characterize it as being carried out by white nationalists? Because Trudeau called it that?

How was it an attempt the cripple the national economy? The main bridge was closed for one day. Maybe 2. And it was opened before Emergency powers were invoked. 

He had options. He chose divisive rhetoric, hiding away, then invoking emergency powers for a non emergency. Financially de-platforming his own citizens. Now he’s keeping those powers even after the dust has settled. 

Why is it relevant? Because he’s basically written a playbook for western democracies to go after dissidents in a more aggressive fashion than we’ve seen. And the party in Executive power here thinks it’s great. 

I would lol at how idiotic this post is, but i don't want to give you any postive rep.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I would lol at how idiotic this post is, but i don't want to give you any postive rep.

This.

A country is enduring an astroturfed campaign HALF of which is financed by foreign dollars......and it's just waved off.

Let's state it in more accurate terms: American right-wingers are actively meddling in the affairs of another country, knowing full well that the group they are funding has been breaking the law in ongoing fashion.

Imagine how they'd feel about that if the situation was US protests as to immigration or somesuch, and 50% of the funding was coming from south of the border.  There would be a monthlong series of special reports on Fox and alarming chyrons non-stop.  But here, well, that's just good old American patriots, patrioting all over another country.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Hook 'Em 4

3 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Your post is largely third-rate sophistry. I will address the part above.

You seemingly quibble in your mealy-mouthed way that 50% foreign funding for political action against vaccines that choked the capital city doesn't even arise to the level of, and I quote, "meddling." 

Do you feel this way about political action in the US let's say anywhere on the spectrum between the Unite the Right Charlottesville and the BLM response to police murder? 

You're dishonest if you answer yes. Or fucking nuts.

At least you dropped the white supremacists crippling the economy talking points. 

Their grievances are that it’s been a 2 year long emergency with no end in sight and they want vaccine passports and mandated dropped. These things are being dropped all over the globe and by countries with lower vaccination rates so I think it’s a reasonable grievance. 

As for would I be happy to have such significant funding of a local protest movement here, no. But let’s also be truthful here. The funding from the main crowdfunding sites never made it to anyone. And I do differentiate where funds are coming from. Is a massive fundraiser from Saudi Arabia or Russia different than people from the US? In my mind yes. 

23 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

This.

A country is enduring an astroturfed campaign HALF of which is financed by foreign dollars......and it's just waved off.

Let's state it in more accurate terms: American right-wingers are actively meddling in the affairs of another country, knowing full well that the group they are funding has been breaking the law in ongoing fashion.

Imagine how they'd feel about that if the situation was US protests as to immigration or somesuch, and 50% of the funding was coming from south of the border.  There would be a monthlong series of special reports and alarming chyrons non-stop.  But here, well, that's just good old American patriots, patrioting all over another country.

What’s your basis for claiming it’s astroturfed?

Again, funds were raised until they were organized in Ottawa and the vast majority didn’t even make it to anyone. 

Judging by the polling numbers I referenced it could be plenty of American independents donating to the truckers too. It isn’t just right wingers that have a problem with this. Of course you wouldn’t know that from the CR thread. Shocker. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 8

5 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

At least you dropped the white supremacists crippling the economy talking points. 

Their grievances are that it’s been a 2 year long emergency with no end in sight and they want vaccine passports and mandated dropped. These things are being dropped all over the globe and by countries with lower vaccination rates so I think it’s a reasonable grievance. 

As for would I be happy to have such significant funding of a local protest movement here, no. But let’s also be truthful here. The funding from the main crowdfunding sites never made it to anyone. And I do differentiate where funds are coming from. Is a massive fundraiser from Saudi Arabia or Russia different than people from the US? In my mind yes. 

Again, funds were raised until they were organized in Ottawa and the vast majority didn’t even make it to anyone. 

Judging by the polling numbers I referenced it could be plenty of American independents donating to the truckers too. It isn’t just right wingers that have a problem with this. Of course you wouldn’t know that from the CR thread. Shocker. 

Blah blah blah, ignore the fact that 50% of the money funding a movement opposed by the vast majority of residents of that country came from foreign sources.

You try to tapdance around it.  All you do is step in more shit.

13 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

What do the polling numbers reflect about Canadian sentiment of the truckers' grievances? Or perhaps the Canadian Trucking Alliance? 

I assume that the Canada Teamsters are supportive of the convoy as well, right?

53 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

Oh just fuck off already. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

At least you dropped the white supremacists crippling the economy talking points

spacer.png

• 1 year later...