Fuck Trudeau.

Incredulity

On 2/17/2022 at 7:44 PM, Immaculate Vibes said:

A western democracy and our closest neighbor opting for fully authoritarian policies is concerning even if they’ve always been more left leaning than us and thus closer to that anyway. Invoking emergency powers in response to non violent truckers being parked downtown is absurd. The question is why is he so against even meeting with truckers to discuss dropping mandates when his own provinces and the rest of the world are moving in that direction?

Next thing you know they’ll be gassing citizens to clear a path for JT to do a photo op. It’s a slippery slope

image.thumb.jpeg.809c50212c454ab8bae8ee6f9308d6e5.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 6

34 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

These cryptotwats are trying to spin this like these working class Joe Canadas who showed up to protest are having their debit cards frozen and not able to buy food or pay bills when this is really just the Canadian government freezing assets from outside sources to fund these protests. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

These cryptotwats are trying to spin this like these working class Joe Canadas who showed up to protest are having their debit cards frozen and not able to buy food or pay bills when this is really just the Canadian government freezing assets from outside sources to fund these protests. 

You’re wrong. 

• Fuck You 13

20 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

I read that Tamara Lich, a separatist who wants to form a new country out of Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba, was one of the leaders who got arrested in the round-up.

I'd be fine with this other than Alberta.  The Banff area is the only good thing in those three provinces.

1 minute ago, Beau Vine said:

I'd be fine with this other than Alberta.  The Banff area is the only good thing in those three provinces.

For you, this once? OK.

But as for me, Alberta cost me a perfect score on a 6th grade Social Studies section on Canada where we got some prize if we knew all the Provinces. Alberta Jedi-Mind-Tricked its way out of my memory. Let Lich have it for all I care.

We didn't learn any Mexican states por racista y culero. Though I vaguely remember some ancient black-and-white film with Pedro and his Burro. Wasn't the sort of burro film they'd show in Boys' Town or I'd probably remember it better.

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

You’re wrong. 

I'm gonna go out on a very short limb and say I'm not. Sure, I could be wrong and I admit I haven't done any substantive research into said claim, but this tweet thread and the GQP freakout over the covidiot convoy heroes makes me pretty convinced this is typical right-wing grievance cosplay at work and the assets being frozen are for the transactions funding the protest. 

Earlier Monday, TD Bank froze about $1.1 million that was intended to back the protests, multiple Canadian news outlets reported, saying the money was being held in two personal accounts.

TD Bank — the name is short for Toronto-Dominion Bank — says most of the money came from a GoFundMe campaign that was shut down, according to Canada's CTV News. Another portion was deposited from direct donations. Supporters had sought to raise cash to sustain the protests, which have disrupted cross-border business and made international headlines in recent weeks.

https://www.npr.org/2022/02/14/1080632899/bank-freezes-funds-canadian-border-protest

• Hook 'Em 4

40 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

"We are likely..."

"From the looks of it..."

Yeah, sounds real fucking definitive right there.  He's not hedging his words at all.

He kind of has to, in a not serious way. I mean this is the guy that said he was in limbo when Trump passed the majority muslim ban because even though Nejatian is now an American citizen, he was originally from Iran and was concerned he might get stuck in either Canada (his wife is Canadian) or detained in the US. I don't think that was really going to happen, but he is a known conservative who was pushing pretty hard for strict immigration laws while he was in Canada and was about to paint himself in a corner back then. So, it seems that hedging is something with which he has familiarity.

Seems to me that enough Canadian truckers wouldn’t have to block any roads to force their message to the front of the concern line. They’re already not trucking. They could not truck at home, keep their money and bodily integrity, and kneecap the economy. I’m guessing the percentage of truckers against masks and vaccines is not significant enough to make their point crystal clear, without effort in their method.

• Hook 'Em 2

26 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

Seems to me that enough Canadian truckers wouldn’t have to block any roads to force their message to the front of the concern line. They’re already not trucking. They could not truck at home, keep their money and bodily integrity, and kneecap the economy. I’m guessing the percentage of truckers against masks and vaccines is not significant enough to make their point crystal clear, without effort in their method.

Interesting point. An actual Truckers strike would fuck shit up fast. From what I understand the vast majority of the Canadian trucking industry doesn't support freedom truckers nor does any of the various labor organizations associated with Canadian truckers.