2018 Longhorns Countdown to Kickoff

Tex Pete

Somebody mentioned earlier in the thread what an awesome name Happy Feller was, and it reminded me that Texas has had a bunch of players with great names, but I came across one recently that I never knew.

Was watching the 1991 A&M/UT game and the Horns had an OL named Shay Shafie.  Couldn't get that name out of my head for hours.

1 hour ago, Augustus said:

Somebody mentioned earlier in the thread what an awesome name Happy Feller was, and it reminded me that Texas has had a bunch of players with great names, but I came across one recently that I never knew.

Was watching the 1991 A&M/UT game and the Horns had an OL named Shay Shafie.  Couldn't get that name out of my head for hours.

He had a brother on the team named Shad.

Bill Boy Bryant was a favorite...

29 minutes ago, Bojack said:

I think Taje Allen might have been one of the fastest  Longhorn players ever.  That guy ran down a lot of people from behind that were otherwise gone like a burnt orange Darrell Green.  

I don't remember Taje Allen being a burner (he may have been, but it just doesn't stick out in my memory).  But he was part of one of the better defensive back groups in Longhorn history, with Bryant Westbrook, Chris Carter, and Tre Thomas.  Too bad they were led by Gary _arnell.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, the idoit said:

Sorry I haven’t had time to play this preseason. Really appreciate the effort. Love the old school stuff. Henry James doin’ work.

Can’t believe they kick off Saturday. Holy shit. Almost time boys and girls. Get that beer on ice. \m/

Thanks for the reminder, since I'm a cheap ass, I usually take the beerskis out of the fridge and put them into a tiny cooler full of ice from my machine. Now I will start preloading the big cooler.

giphy.gif

10 hours ago, Native Horn said:

I could swear Alfred Jackson (WR when Earl was playing) wore #2, but I can't find any evidence of it.  Or I'm too lazy to.  

Roger that. I was thinking it'd be cool to have a history of all the wearers of each number. That would be something the current players might like - seeing who wore your jersey number and what the did.