Dumbass Shit We See On Facebook

Vic Mackey

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

panera.PNG

I have no fucking idea how the Panera outside our neighborhood survives.  Nobody can afford to eat there.  The food's not bad but it's small and pricey as shit.  Mostly just old folks sitting around over bottomless coffee.  I know the property management/owner of the strip center and he says every single year they get behind on rent and either corporate steps in or they promise they'll make it up with late fees because some big catering windfall.  And sure enough they pull it off.  Somedays there's nobody in there and other days there's thousands of dollars in catering orders going out the door into multiple vans.  I don't know how they do it with 3,000 ft2 at $35/foot while not doing any alcohol or dinner business.  I don't know if it's like a WeWork model where the C-level people are just ordering shit to-go out of pocket or what.  But what a crazy fucking business model, your side option with your large bun sandwich is more bread.  And the fruit-flavored energy drinks literally can kill you.  But hey, who wants a cookie?  

2 hours ago, YGIFS said:

I have no fucking idea how the Panera outside our neighborhood survives.  Nobody can afford to eat there.  The food's not bad but it's small and pricey as shit.  Mostly just old folks sitting around over bottomless coffee.  I know the property management/owner of the strip center and he says every single year they get behind on rent and either corporate steps in or they promise they'll make it up with late fees because some big catering windfall.  And sure enough they pull it off.  Somedays there's nobody in there and other days there's thousands of dollars in catering orders going out the door into multiple vans.  I don't know how they do it with 3,000 ft2 at $35/foot while not doing any alcohol or dinner business.  I don't know if it's like a WeWork model where the C-level people are just ordering shit to-go out of pocket or what.  But what a crazy fucking business model, your side option with your large bun sandwich is more bread.  And the fruit-flavored energy drinks literally can kill you.  But hey, who wants a cookie?  

The answer is "chicks."  It's always chicks.  Chicks dig Panera.  My wife will get to-go orders from Panera.  Traveling with one of my female partners?  She wants to stop and grab lunch at Panera.

Number of times in my entire life I've heard any male say "hey, let's grab Panera" is and will forever remain at zero.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

The answer is "chicks."  It's always chicks.  Chicks dig Panera.  My wife will get to-go orders from Panera.  Traveling with one of my female partners?  She wants to stop and grab lunch at Panera.

Number of times in my entire life I've heard any male say "hey, let's grab Panera" is and will forever remain at zero.

In part because every right-thinking male calls it "Pantera" on the rare occasions in which they must directly reference it. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2