Dumbass Shit We See On Facebook

Vic Mackey

19 hours ago, Covri said:

Counterpoint all these shows suck, mr. old as grass

Hey fuck you! MASH was great and All in the Family is number one all time! Archie Bunker was a savage and didn't care who's feelings he hurt. Respect! And I Love Lucy is an absolute classic. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

.6c2a7b337a2ff762745b10df19bea254.jpg

As a kid growing up in that era and in that era, golden eye and sixth sense.

As a kid that grew up in that era as now in his 40s, saving private ryan. Play golden eye with the kids tomorrow because it’s late dammit.

^

This hits close to home.  My oldest had a Taylor Swift-themed sleepover birthday party last night.  They wanted to listen to the new album so i downloaded it, put up speakers and a disco ball and light show and decorations and photo booth and all that.  And figured, "It's a full-length album so 75 minutes from now, they'll be danced out and want to get to bed and I can still take everything down and pack it up before I hit the hay."  

Fucking thing is 31 tracks.  That's not a record, that's a fucking boxed set.  I tried to stay up once in junior high and listen to Physical Graffiti all the way through and didn't make it and I wasn't even dancing.  What the shit, Taylor?  Put a fucking parental warning label on there, "NOTICE TO PARENTS:  THIS ALBUM CONTAINS EXPLICITLY EXTENSIVE DURATIONS!"  They didn't go to bed until freakin 11:00p.  Good times, good times.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

28 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

^

This hits close to home.  My oldest had a Taylor Swift-themed sleepover birthday party last night.  They wanted to listen to the new album so i downloaded it, put up speakers and a disco ball and light show and decorations and photo booth and all that.  And figured, "It's a full-length album so 75 minutes from now, they'll be danced out and want to get to bed and I can still take everything down and pack it up before I hit the hay."  

Fucking thing is 31 tracks.  That's not a record, that's a fucking boxed set.  I tried to stay up once in junior high and listen to Physical Graffiti all the way through and didn't make it and I wasn't even dancing.  What the shit, Taylor?  Put a fucking parental warning label on there, "NOTICE TO PARENTS:  THIS ALBUM CONTAINS EXPLICITLY EXTENSIVE DURATIONS!"  They didn't go to bed until freakin 11:00p.  Good times, good times.  

My daughters are all grown up and married now.  I miss a lot of things about having my daughters in my home, but not sleepovers. The screeching, drama, and general inanity of preteen and teenage sleepovers is not fun. 

5 hours ago, ztejas said:

Taste of your own medicine, eh?

If there was an ignore or 'scroll past' feature for a 9yo girls sleepover, I'd have invented it already and been done with you broke ass bitches.  Unfortunately, some things a man's gotta deal with in real time.  

I'll give em credit though.  Half went to the skate party earlier and then to either volleyball or dance after that.  Meanwhile, I'm aching picking up balloons and shit everywhere.  

To tie it back to facebook, the moms were talking about how birthday parties were never held every year for every kid with a theme/blowout.  It's because of shit they see on facebook, youtube, tastemakers, and all that shit.  They get these ideas by "influencers" and want to immitate it.  Thankfully, my wife did it on a shoestring budget but it required a lot of elbow grease on our parts.  I knew birthdays were always a big deal for girls from 6-16, but this is fucking ridiculous.  Thanks a lot Zuckerberg.  

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

If there was an ignore or 'scroll past' feature for a 9yo girls sleepover, I'd have invented it already and been done with you broke ass bitches.  Unfortunately, some things a man's gotta deal with in real time.

Sounds like those weekends need: tee times, fishing poles, or another convenient excuse.