Alabama @ Texas Series Thread

TrashMaster G

14 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

They did move cf to right, 2b to cf, and put that mustachioed freshman at 2nd- at an unusual time in the game like 4th or 5th inning. New 2b ended up with 2 real good at bats, one from each side. I was wondering why he wasn’t starting. 

I wondered the same. He looks like he’s going to be a good ball player 

3 hours ago, Hammerin Hank said:

Heading to the Disch for my first game of the season today. I expect the warmer weather will bring a little more offense for the Horns. I’m guessing Bama’s Sunday starter isn’t as good as Tanner Witt. Maybe Bama fans will be impressed 🤘🏼

I expect it's going to be packed. 

3 hours ago, Hammerin Hank said:

Heading to the Disch for my first game of the season today. I expect the warmer weather will bring a little more offense for the Horns. I’m guessing Bama’s Sunday starter isn’t as good as Tanner Witt. Maybe Bama fans will be impressed 🤘🏼

It’s always 10-15 degrees colder at the Disch. 

29 minutes ago, Dewey said:

This is true, it'll be 65 and sunny and in the stands feels like 50 and dropping.  

Well one thing is the clamshell keeps a lot of the stands in the shade for most games. 

but that north wind can just cruise on in over the left field wall. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

24 minutes ago, zlavydra said:

Makes more sense for Murphy to hit higher in the line up. Once Campbell starts raking, this will be an more exciting line up.

His swing reminds me of Thigpen in a way. Short, compact with his hips getting into it. He’s gonna be a monster once he settles in 

16 minutes ago, zlavydra said:

Did Daly go to HS with any of the Gumpers? It's a mystery.

12 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

Still better than hearing Galindo endlessly talking about wanting someone to hit the Taco Shack sign for free tacos.

Good god no telling how fucking annoying this high school shit would be with Galindo. 

And the free tacos thing always cracks me up. “Yayyyy!!!! We get a $3.25 taco for free!!!” Fuck that. Get the yellow rose to sponsor. Any homer that hits the target gets a night of free vip services for any adult in attendance. And like a Texas baseball teddy bear or something for the kids 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hammerin Hank said:

I’ve been going to games there since the 80s, and it always feels 10-15 degrees colder unless it’s summer. I’m guessing it’s due to the wind since the elevation is so much higher than downtown. 

It’s the coldest place on the planet in the early months of the season. Almost always windy and if you’re in the shade under the roof it’s def cold.