Texas @ South Carolina Series Thread

Horny Bull

1 minute ago, BillyGoatHill said:

Alright.... let's regroup and right the ship Tuesday-Wednesday and then back home against IW.

6 straight games against teams we should fuck up. Out of all our shit shit since the lsu game, we need some damn confidence. Some 8-1 type games would probably get these dudes more comfortable 

• Hook 'Em 1

42 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

This upcoming 5 game stretch is when Daly, Campbell and Messinger need to get going. If it still isn’t clicking for all 3 I’ll be more worried heading into conference play.

Yeah, need more production from those guys...

10 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

I'm hoping that losing the #1 ranking will help our team's psyche. Not having that #1 team target on your back may improve our approach. idk just trying to think positive...

I think that's fair.  Being ranked 1 and beating nemesis LSU (which is probably actually NBD) I think got us believing our own bullshit a bit much.  And the loss of Witt may have kind of torpedoed that in a bad way.  Just need to move on, hopefully get the Sunday and relief pitching sorted and get on with it.

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

I think that's fair.  Being ranked 1 and beating nemesis LSU (which is probably actually NBD) I think got us believing our own bullshit a bit much.  And the loss of Witt may have kind of torpedoed that in a bad way.  Just need to move on, hopefully get the Sunday and relief pitching sorted and get on with it.

Is Witt definitely out for the season? I missed the news...

Haven't responded well to injuries or the losses. Next guy up, all that kind of stuff. It's up to them if they want to respond to adversity.  No matter the ranking, they will have a bullseye on them, so fight back. Lots of season left, let's go. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Huh?

He’s saying that Ivan tossing the bat towards the pitchers mound after the big homer sparked momentum for the game cocks. I don’t believe it because there was no response yesterday. Dennison and the game cock announcers seemed pretty certain about it

1 hour ago, Hammerin Hank said:

He’s saying that Ivan tossing the bat towards the pitchers mound after the big homer sparked momentum for the game cocks. I don’t believe it because there was no response yesterday. Dennison and the game cock announcers seemed pretty certain about it

Yeah, that's dumb.

1 hour ago, TrashMaster G said:

Yeah, that's dumb.

It's make-believe, creative narration feel good bullshit--you either have it or you don't.  There's no feeling slighted for one, much less two games--everything settles and players play.    

10 hours ago, Hammerin Hank said:

I heard them spewing that right before I turned it off for good. They also talked about their desire to blow us out. Not just win, but blow us out. I can’t imagine Zeke and Moreland talking like that. They were extremely butt hurt about the flip.