Heat wave

XYZ

In 54 years, I’ve never heard more people bitch and moan about heat, more than I have this year.

I’ve lived in N. Texas all these years, so yes, I do have the right to make fun of all the wussies, crying like bitches.

Jesus, it’s not even hot yet.

I’ll gladly take 110, doing full day of yard work, over 25, hanging Christmas lights.

Toughen up, homos.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, former alkie said:

In 54 years, I’ve never heard more people bitch and moan about heat, more than I have this year.

I’ve lived in N. Texas all these years, so yes, I do have the right to make fun of all the wussies, crying like bitches.

I’ll gladly take 110, doing full day of yard work, over 25, hanging Christmas lights.

Toughen up, homos.

Maybe your old man fried chicken skin just doesn't feel the heat anymore.  

Because 100+ in MAY is hot.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Lobo said:

^

Lotta spontaneous brushfires break out at 25 degrees where you live there, ace?  

As I said, I’ve lived in N. Texas (Fort Worth) all 54 years.

Oh, and the actual hottest summer, 1980, I mowed lawns.....never saw any lawns catch fire.

I wasn’t here to start a fight, was just making a point.

Just never heard people bitch so much, so early in the game.

10 minutes ago, former alkie said:

Toughen up, homos.

Probably shouldn’t talk about toughness in the same breath you say 25 is too cold. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Toughen up, homos.

25 ain't even cold, Karen
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Larry T. Spider said:

I would run up a credit card bill on repairs before I drove a car in Texas with no ac.

I wish that were an option, with medical bills and starting a new career in insurance.  I'm driving a truck i bought for $1 off of a retired doctor and i'd rather sink any significant money into a new car.  Guess I'll have to earn the nickname of Talcum X this summer :P

1 hour ago, Bullneck said:

I had a job interview in June of 1995 in Addison back when I drove a truck with no A/C.  I think I might have stopped sweating by the time the interview was over. Amazingly, I got the job.

Landscaper?

34 minutes ago, former alkie said:

As I said, I’ve lived in N. Texas (Fort Worth) all 54 years.

Oh, and the actual hottest summer, 1980, I mowed lawns.....never saw any lawns catch fire.

I wasn’t here to start a fight, was just making a point.

Just never heard people bitch so much, so early in the game.

Dude, you were fucking 16 years old in 1980. I could run around in the deserts of West Texas in that kind of heat at that age too. Don't try to pull the "I walked in the snow uphill to school both ways shit" when clearly you couldn't have hacked it. 25 degrees...what a joke.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, former alkie said:

Toughen up, homos.

2011 was hotter. In DFW, there were at least two more days above 100 in 2011 than in 1980. In other cities, like Wichita Falls, it wasn’t even close: 2011 was hotter. 

9 hours ago, former alkie said:

Toughen up, homos.

25? Yeah, you’re real tough.

34 minutes ago, formermav43 said:

25? Yeah, you’re real tough.

I am indeed a cold weather pussy.

In my building, A/C is so damn low, I keep my portable heater cranked up.

My only point has been that it’s hovering in the upper 90’s, and people here in the metroplex are acting like the seal from hell broke.

Guess I just have old man thin skin, and can tolerate heat, way more than cold.

4 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Is this year on pace to be the hottest year on record, worldwide?

Just cherry-picking, April was the 3rd warmest on record since 1880.

For the contiguous U.S., it was actually quite cool, well below the 20th century average. I suspect that by the time all the numbers settle, this will be a top 10 warmest year for the globe (again, since 1880), but probably not the hottest ever.

23 hours ago, former alkie said:

I am indeed a cold weather pussy.

In my building, A/C is so damn low, I keep my portable heater cranked up.

My only point has been that it’s hovering in the upper 90’s, and people here in the metroplex are acting like the seal from hell broke.

Guess I just have old man thin skin, and can tolerate heat, way more than cold.

Sounds like you have old man thin blood.  Thank your meds