2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

4 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

no room on the score board for comments !

I don’t care about results merely process the next 6 weeks. We aren’t going to have overall best record in baseball. We will almost certainly have a bye, and 1st or 2nd in the AL doesn’t make a shit to me. 
I want to see coherent lineups from management, I want to see pitchers pound the zone and bitters grind out AB’s. Wins and losses don’t matter. Good habits and proper rest do. We are preparing for something. Nothing matters but that preparation. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Douchey Braves dad behind home plate can’t be bothered to stay until the  end of the game?!  I guess Sunday afternoon traffic in Atlanta is a thing. 

I lived just outside Atlanta for 37 years. If the guy could cope with commuting around there, Sunday afternoon traffic shouldn't be an obstacle. 

How about Urquidy today? Looking strong … he continues to surprise and perform at an unexpectedly high level. Two fantastic starts on this road trip. Need to get the bullpen to stop leaking oil in late inning situations and start being deliberate about rest until September.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, WBT said:

I guess one losing road trip per year isn't too bad

3-4 on the trip. If the bullpen would have done their job it’s 6-1. For as ass-like as it feels like we are playing we are a little bullpen dipshittery away from 6-1 on this road trip. Pretty crazy. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Like 1

good to finally beat the damn Braves.  Heard they are scheduled for years to come, how did that happen if true? 

MLB66.ir is up, but only on Firefox and an extension may be required. Weird that it's not working on Chrome and that streams work on other websites (although 1-2 minute lag). 

When was the last Astro pitcher to have a CG?  Old School Dusty may need to seriously consider this in the playoffs if the starter is killing it. 

3 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

good to finally beat the damn Braves.  Heard they are scheduled for years to come, how did that happen if true? 

MLB66.ir is up, but only on Firefox and an extension may be required. Weird that it's not working on Chrome and that streams work on other websites (although 1-2 minute lag). 

When was the last Astro pitcher to have a CG?  Old School Dusty may need to seriously consider this in the playoffs if the starter is killing it. 

New schedule format after this year I believe we will play every team in the NL alternating home and away series annually 

13 minutes ago, UTEX_ME said:

New schedule format after this year I believe we will play every team in the NL alternating home and away series annually 

Astros-Cubs would be a weekend series great trip. St Louis too, if it’s a one day trip. Cardinals fans are pretty great. Polite, knowledgeable, and they respect the game. 

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Counterpoint- fuck the Co-ards. 

So aggy of them.   Dodging games with “rainouts.” Claiming “championships” that aren’t theirs.  The worst part is that they actually have a record of success, but they can’t resist their bitch nature.  Fuck them. 

Edited by Guadaloopy
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

Been using weakstreams.com since MLB66 went on the fritz.  I just use the #1 offering each night.  No problems...

Edited by slorch

6 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

3-4 road trip, but damn we gave up some late runs. I’m not feeling horrible about it. Bullpen guys need to tighten up before October 

this could have been a 6-1 trip 

Or maybe score some runs? This team isn't going far in the playoffs getting 3 runs a game (not including extra innings)

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

new one on me, I've never heard of that stat 

300 ish babip is typically league average. The prevailing wisdom is that while batters might have some long term control over babip pitchers have almost none- so if you are cruising along at 250 things are going to get worse, and if you are giving up 350 then they are likely to turn for the better. 

I don’t think he’s all that old, sometimes like 24/25. 
One thing to remember about him- he’s really tall at 6’7”. Sometimes big guys take longer to get it together.  Bigger you are the harder it is to keep your mechanics in line and know your body. Sometimes that’s a longer development timeline. I usually bet on talent winning out; but it’s certainly not a guarantee. 

24 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:
My guess is we pick up his option. I don't think Lee showed he's ready to be an everyday MLB catcher, and $4.5 is relatively cheap. I'd pick up the option and make a run at Vasquez (although I think we'd likely have to overpay to keep him from Boston). 

Not sure this thread can handle another year of Machete