2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

are people questioning the legitimacy of Judge's season so far? It seems like he is juicing big time but ive only watched highlights so idk. Is this a "Yankees get away with cheating" thing like what happened with the released report and them trying to cover it up?

Uh no

I highly doubt he is doing anything, but hell at this point can you really trust anyone across any sport?

8 hours ago, Intercourse With Gray said:

are people questioning the legitimacy of Judge's season so far? It seems like he is juicing big time but ive only watched highlights so idk. Is this a "Yankees get away with cheating" thing like what happened with the released report and them trying to cover it up?

I'm the last person on earth to defend the Yankees, but what's the evidence he's juicing? He's always been a power hitter. He mashed 52 HR as a rookie, 5 years ago.

The freaking guy is 6'7, 280. Quite possibly the largest MLB position player ever. 

9 hours ago, Intercourse With Gray said:

Jonah Hill GIF

9 hours ago, Intercourse With Gray said:

There is no way that Judge would jeopardize his future in his walk year.  I am enjoying the hell out of it because 1) it's fun to watch and 2) it's creating a no-win situation for the Yankee FO.  Either they pay through the nose for his services with a long-term albatross deal, or they risk a complete fan revolt.  It's glorious.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Guadaloopy said:

There is no way that Judge would jeopardize his future in his walk year.  I am enjoying the hell out of it because 1) it's fun to watch and 2) it's creating a no-win situation for the Yankee FO.  Either they pay through the nose for his services with a long-term albatross deal, or they risk a complete fan revolt.  It's glorious.

not sure how long of a deal he'll get, he's already like 34 years old.

Wulaw has mentioned it before, but it's because though the recovery time from the surgery is short, it can sap a players' power for a year or more.  Remember how long it took Bregman to get over his wrist injury?  Expect that from Yordan next season.

Edited by kevwun
  • Hook 'Em 2

55 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Motherfucking fuck, why didn't they just shut Yordan down two months ago and have the surgery then? Pretty obvious he's headed that route in the off-season.

48 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Wulaw has mentioned it before, but it's because though the recovery time from the surgery is short, it can sap a players' power for a year or more.  Remember how long it took Bregman to get over his wrist injury?  Expect that from Yordan next season.

Yep. I think they figured next year was fucked anyway from that perspective so no sense neutering any potential for power this season?

Or, they are dumb and did a dumb thing. My guess it’s the thoughtful thing that is the best of a few bad options. 
allegedly it’s the kind of thing that can’t get further damaged playing through and is simply about pain maintenance. 

Why he doesn’t have an axe handle bat I have no idea. That’s literally the entire point of the axe handle bat, right? 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

https://axebat.com/blogs/news/biomechanical-study-of-the-new-axe-handle-baseball-bats-and-comparison-with-standard-round-knob-bats

Read 5 and 6- ignore the fact that it might be better for all the other reasons they tout, but having guy with hand pain not using a bat like this is really weird. 
Springer has used one exclusively and swears by it. 
If he’s using one and I don’t know it I’m an idiot. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

Thought this was interesting/cool (Vazquez):

Q: When you were traded to the Astros, did you already know No. 7 was retired for Craig Biggio?

A: “I knew it was retired for one of the best hitters in the big leagues, and I had the 9 and 21 to choose from, and 21 is too big for me [because of] Roberto Clemente. It’s very heavy for a Puerto Rican to wear, so I took 9.”

Q: Puerto Ricans have worn No. 21 on Roberto Clemente Day in the past, but it’s not meant to be worn full-time?

A: “It’s too much pressure. It’s something that’s a very special number for our island. It’s too much. We need to retire that number for baseball. It means a lot for everybody, and we need to respect that.”

Also, Red Sox fans are weird:

Q: You talked about Pudge signing an autograph for you. What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever been asked to sign?

A: “Forearm. A guy tattooed my signature on his forearm, so that was crazy. I don’t know why.”

lastly:

Q: The Red Sox and Astros battled through some playoff series the past few years, so how strange was it to come over to the Astros and play alongside players who were your rivals?

A: “It’s very fun here. It’s a special group. It’s a very talented group and I’m very happy to be here and help this team to win another championship. You adjust quick and turn the page. Whatever they need, I’m here for it.”

Edited by UTexasFight

I know it’s the tigers but this very much feels like we’re playing an October simulation game.

9 hole hitter walks to lead off an inning. Put him in motion with a full count to Altuve who walks.

move them over on a bunt with our hottest two hitters up next.
Sac fly scores one

All went to plan other than tucker not being able to come through with a 2 out hit.