2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

2 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

it's nice to see our 17th best pitcher do well.

I don’t know if this is hyperbole or not, but I sitting here thinking about it and I’d take the other 13 guys over him, plus Martinez and Bielak. So, I have him at 16 at best. I can’t think of anyone else I’d have over him if I’m being honest.  So, about right. 

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I don’t know if this is hyperbole or not, but I sitting here thinking about it and I’d take the other 13 guys over him, plus Martinez and Bielak. So, I have him at 16 at best. I can’t think of anyone else I’d have over him if I’m being honest.  So, about right. 

it was exaggeration, but when i typed it, i knew it would be pretty close.  he was great in the postseason so maybe he turns it on again, who knows.

be proud !

It took the Astros 61 years to get 5 games over .500 all-time. This seems like a lot, but take this in consideration, the Astros are the only team in the expansion era with a total record over .500. 13 other teams born 1961 and on all have records below .500

Thanks for that stat. I was just thinking that finally getting over .500 as a modern expansion team ain’t as bad as it seems.