2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

1 hour ago, TonyTexas said:

Brown will significantly help the bullpen if used correctly. He’s good enough to pitch multiple innings in leverage situations. I hope his role isn’t limited to mop up or inning eater in a hopeless game. 

Agree completely. Javier has to be your game 4 starter. Brown should be the guy that goes in to a right game around the 4th or 5th inning if the starter isn’t super sharp and goes 9-18 batter depending upon effectiveness and game situation. 

I think I’m now OK with Maldy being the starting catcher in the playoffs. Vasquez is a better offensive player but if he’s going to be a huge vagina and never get an extra base hit for the rest of his life I’m ok with Maldy hitting 9th and trying to run into one in the first couple AB’s. You have to PH 3rd AB (and maybe even 2nd) if the situation is important and contact matters. 
he went from historically God Awful in April and May to merely run of the mill bad now. That’s a big improvement. Wasn’t sure he had it in him since he’s old and a catcher. 

10 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I think I’m now OK with Maldy being the starting catcher in the playoffs. Vasquez is a better offensive player but if he’s going to be a huge vagina and never get an extra base hit for the rest of his life I’m ok with Maldy hitting 9th and trying to run into one in the first couple AB’s. You have to PH 3rd AB (and maybe even 2nd) if the situation is important and contact matters. 
he went from historically God Awful in April and May to merely run of the mill bad now. That’s a big improvement. Wasn’t sure he had it in him since he’s old and a catcher. 

Vazquez has a career .656 road OPS, so he kind of is shitty/slappy away from Fenway

• Hook 'Em 1

Halos complete the weekend sweep of Seattle. We should clinch in no more than 48 hours. Yet another AL West banner will be going up the flagpole at MMP on Opening Day 2023. I gotta say, I don't mind eschewing last year's drama of getting stuck on a magic number of 5 for a week straight and not clinching until game 159.

Man, this was a boring regular season (in a good way).  We took control of first for good after game 37 (May 17). 15 games later, we led by 7.5 (June 3), and have never had a smaller cushion since. 

With today's win, we've already topped last year's win total, and still have 14 to play. Next 2 weeks are just mop-up duty. Get whoever needs rest some off days, get the bench guys some reps, and get ready to fuck-stomp whoever we face in the ALDS.

Edited by Storm the Field

We should have just pretended we clinched yesterday and did the celebration then. Or skip it altogether for the division and do it when we wrap up the AL as a whole. 

22 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Mariners will finish around the 2nd inning of our game tomorrow

will be interesting to see the lineup

I defy you to tell me based upon the lineup anything. How would one even be able to tell?  

• Rage+1 1