2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Team store is open 24 straight hours for AL West gear. Is anyone really going out and have to get that for the 5th or 6th time and standing in line at 2:00 AM? 

I mean, some of us didn't buy anything the last 6 or 7 times we won it, so...maybe?

But I always hold out. Because you never know; we may win more. And if we win more, I want that gear instead.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

47 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Team store is open 24 straight hours for AL West gear. Is anyone really going out and have to get that for the 5th or 6th time and standing in line at 2:00 AM? 

You spend any time in Houston the last decade or so? There are probably thousands of dudes, fresh off dropping $500 on Space City merch, racing downtown to plop down the equivalent of a month's rent on "Best in the West" shirseys and flat billed caps.

Edited by Storm the Field
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Storm the Field said:

You spend any time in Houston the last decade or so? There are probably thousands of dudes, fresh off dropping $500 on Space City merch, racing downtown to plop down the equivalent of a month's rent on "Best in the West" shirseys and flat billed caps.

i live 5 mins away and im tempted to go see if there's a line (and grab a donut)

also, no comment .........

(

• Like 1

As an immigrant… seeing my first Astros game on TV was what made this foreign country seem more familiar (immigrated from Taiwan where baseball is the most popular pro sport). It truly was love at first sight.

And boy did we live through some mediocre and bad teams. And all the heartache agains the Braves. All this is to say that I never imagined that we as Astros fans would witness a WS and the sustained success this team is on and because of the foundation Luhnow put in… probable continued success. God I love the Astros. 

Will never take this for granted. It’s still a crystal clear memory during the rebuilding years… I’ll never forget sitting in the Giant’s stadium as they got perfect gamed against… and on the BART ride ride back home, hearing a drunk Giants fan downplay the perfect game because the Astros was a AA team in quality. 

Edited by YChang
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2