2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

8 minutes ago, rvm96 said:

It's not really a big deal with Pena being a baller, but Trevor Story has started to wake up in a big way. If he continues it will once again prove the Coors theory wrong. 

Never thought there was that much to that theory. I wanted to go after Story. 

1 hour ago, rvm96 said:

It's not really a big deal with Pena being a baller, but Trevor Story has started to wake up in a big way. If he continues it will once again prove the Coors theory wrong. 

It might help support the theory that playing for the Rockies makes you a worse hitter outside of Coors than you would be otherwise if you played for a differen team.

Edited by Starfleet Command
  • Hook 'Em 1

45 minutes ago, Starfleet Command said:

It might help support the theory that playing for the Rockies makes you a worse hitter outside of Coors than you would be otherwise if you played for a differen team.

Well that can be easily proven by science because of how the ball breaks differently

1 hour ago, Starfleet Command said:

21 minutes ago, rvm96 said:

It was quite popular on here during the off-season 

I Posted a couple articles here that dealt with this affect- basically that coors makes guys a better hitter at home and a worse hitter on the road. I don’t know if I buy that or not, but posted the articles and thought they were interesting. 

19 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I Posted a couple articles here that dealt with this affect- basically that coors makes guys a better hitter at home and a worse hitter on the road. I don’t know if I buy that or not, but posted the articles and thought they were interesting. 

it's more than just a theory, as it's been proven over and over through the years.  guys like nolan arenado are the exception, not the rule.  great players are still great players, but yeah, some of them have inflated/confusing value when they play half their games at coors.

i'm happy about story doing well.  i didn't think he would be a good long term spend, and i was hoping the yankees would waste cash on him.  now that he's on the sox, he can win the triple crown for all i care, that team isn't going anywhere, their pitching is a disaster.

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

The former is obviously true.  The latter is a bit more subtle but is likely true as well.  It's just hard to project Rockies hitters when they leave.  

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, rvm96 said:

It’s almost as of the Astros Jew what they were doing on this decision. ……. Hmmmm

11 hours ago, Starfleet Command said:

They may not be able to hold him down in AAA for that much longer. 0 BB, 10 Ks across 7 IP hitting 99 in the 7th inning to strike out the side. 

#1 bullpen by era, our starters have been damn good. Hopefully it stays a tough nut to crack 

3 hours ago, rvm96 said:

I think the Red Sox took that 7 homer game personally. 7-1 with a +39 run differential.

16 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

it's more than just a theory, as it's been proven over and over through the years.  guys like nolan arenado are the exception, not the rule.  great players are still great players, but yeah, some of them have inflated/confusing value when they play half their games at coors.

i'm happy about story doing well.  i didn't think he would be a good long term spend, and i was hoping the yankees would waste cash on him.  now that he's on the sox, he can win the triple crown for all i care, that team isn't going anywhere, their pitching is a disaster.

The numbers were what they were. I said I wasn’t  fully convinced bc the sample size isn’t huge. 

I'm sure like many here, one of all time favorite Astros ....

10 things we learned about former Astros star Ken Caminiti in new book 'Playing Through the Pain'

The book chronicles the former MVP's life from childhood to coming up through the Astros minor league system and throughout his big league career before his death

https://www.chron.com/sports/astros/article/Ken-Caminiti-book-PlayingThrough-Pain-new-details-17196117.php