2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

4 minutes ago, kevwun said:

They are a collection of lumbering oafs in the field.  Yeesh.

Yeah. Adding Soto wouldn’t help that either. I mean, it would be worth it obviously offensively but it doesn’t help the other side. 
they really should have signed Correa and Springer and gotten 2 way studs up the middle. 
not sure what the point in having all that money is if you let the guys who buttfucked you for years, that play positions of need for you, end up signing for good but not huge money in Toronto and Minnesota of all places. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

2 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I don’t know how the MVP can be anyone other than Ohtani, unless you want to just eliminate him bc he is an Angel and they suck, but if it’s not a Ohtani fuck Judge- he can’t carry Yordans jock at the plate. 

i want judge to win it to drive up his next contract and it'll give @Helobious something to celebrate / cry about 

Edited by tx 3 putt

8 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Prove it

They are actually damn close if you look at stats.  Jake has 50% of Chas’ WAR in 40% of games played.  Slight advantage Jake.  So I was incorrect in saying “much” better.  

Edited by Guadaloopy
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Chas>Jake>Siri. Sorry Wulaw 

I’m not opposed to Chas. I thought he should be in a strict platoon with Brantley for a while now. Let’s let Jake get fully reintegrated before we make any definitive statements. 
Siri is a weapon as the 26th man in the playoffs on the basepaths and as a defensive replacement. That should be the extent of his contribution to the team (and injury fill in). 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Wulaw Horn said:

Siri is a weapon as the 26th man in the playoffs on the basepaths and as a defensive replacement. That should be the extent of his contribution to the team (and injury fill in). 

plus, he has some lightning in his bat to go with epic batflip potential. purely instinctual on my part but Siri has some fairy tale scripts ahead of him imo. 

Everyone in the Astros sleeps on Bielak. I think I’m the only person that ever mentions him (maybe @Snake Diggity too). 
You cannot convince me that he couldn’t be the spare guy that comes in and pitches 120 innings a year for guys that get hurt without burning it all down. 
his existence makes me ok with trading Urquidy if we could get something valuable for Urquidy. He’s a poor man’s Urquidy. That should have some value for the org and make it so you don’t have to spend 10 million a year on a guy like Odo as your insurance policy.