2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

Between the fuck up on the last play and the one before Pena is really sticking it up Nerris ass here.  Pretty much cost us the game.  Get the lead runner.  Knock the ball down.  Bad situational awareness. That kind of shit cannot happen in the playoffs.  Learn fast rook. 

Edit to add- cost us winning the game here. We could still certainly beat these fuckers and walk them off. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, WBT said:

Keep telling me how he's as good as Correa

Yeah he's not.  And it's not particularly close.  He's a great value. He's a better value than Correa at 1/45th the price.  He's not better than Correa. Sometimes you need the best and not the best value.  Hope it doesn't burn in the playoffs. 

And I say that really liking the kid and being really impressed with him. 

3 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

Close enuf to dive and maybe knock it down ..

He didn't even need to dive. He just needed to stick his arm all the way out.  he didn't even reach for it.  Bregman messed him up cutting in front. It was an awkward deal.  He wasn't getting an out.  But he damn sure could have gloved the ball and kept it in the infield.  

Of course none of it would have mattered if he didn't have his head up his ass on the play before, take a lazy route to the ball, almost flub the play and then go to the wrong base. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

Pena rookie 1.3 dWAR

Correa rookie 1.1 dWAR

It took Correa some time to become elite, Pena needs to get out of this funk defensively.

he's never been as good as Correa defensively and never will be. Correa has a fuckin hose. 

Diaz you beautiful bitch

• Hook 'Em 2

I don't get the shitting on Pena.  Yes he fucked up last inning, no he's not as good as Correa but he has done a remarkable job filling Correa's shoes so far all things considered.

If we were paying Correa's $35 million salary would we be active at the trade deadline?

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Pena rookie 1.3 dWAR

Correa rookie 1.1 dWAR

It took Correa some time to become elite, Pena needs to get out of this funk defensively.

He doesn't have a great arm and his range and hands aren't good enough to make up for it.  He's gonna be an average shortstop.

3 minutes ago, WBT said:

I don't know, Hicks's hit wasn't cheap.  IKF's was but the walk to gallo to put the winning run in scoring position was really bad.

that run wasnt on him. His pitching didn’t give up the lead 

Edited by tx 3 putt

Just now, Pimphand said:

I don't get the shitting on Pena.  Yes he fucked up last inning, no he's not as good as Correa but he has done a remarkable job filling Correa's shoes so far all things considered.

If we were paying Correa's $35 million salary would we be active at the trade deadline?

I think most of us expect him to make simple ML plays …