2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

30 minutes ago, runthebone said:

Yeah, his range sucked.  Probably why he needed to jump to throw.  Fucking Jim Edmonds with his dives.

Jim Edmonds: the master of making easy catches look difficult by diving unnecessarily. One of my least favorite players of all time.

Edited by formermav43
  • Hook 'Em 4

4 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

That's a good point but I wonder how much Dusty wanted to win that game to clinch the series advantage. He admitted post game he was thinking about it.

Look- I’m never ever going to say with certainty that I know what Dusty is going to do, but my argument is that it would have been the best chance to win by putting Meyers in for Yordan.  You be talking about 7 hitters away before Yordan is up, in a game where they start a guy on 2nd bc they want the game to end in 1 inning, and you will make your OF defense horrific in a 1 run game type situation. 
he might have left him in but the move would have probably been to go with Meyers, even ignoring the fact they don’t want Yordan in the field (probably). 

2 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Look- I’m never ever going to say with certainty that I know what Dusty is going to do, but my argument is that it would have been the best chance to win by putting Meyers in for Yordan.  You be talking about 7 hitters away before Yordan is up, in a game where they start a guy on 2nd bc they want the game to end in 1 inning, and you will make your OF defense horrific in a 1 run game type situation. 
he might have left him in but the move would have probably been to go with Meyers, even ignoring the fact they don’t want Yordan in the field (probably). 

Yeah I agree with you, I think it would've been wiser to let someone hit who was actually gonna see a hittable pitch with a base open. My only point is that Yordan wasn't necessarily out of the game. 

Just now, TonyTexas said:

He said he’s not watching. Took a blue pill to prepare for episode 2 of The Captain 

He also said Judge & Stanton weren't playing so he is known around the valley for his uncanny accuracy and hitting a 90mph pitch this one time.

• Haha 1

Just now, Gourmand said:

Yeah I agree with you, I think it would've been wiser to let someone hit who was actually gonna see a hittable pitch with a base open. My only point is that Yordan wasn't necessarily out of the game. 

He should have been but you are right, he didn’t HAVE to be. 
I bet we don’t see him in the field again until next week. 

Fuck Stanton is such a donkey out there. The Yankees should be generally embarrassed by their OF defense. Looks like a beer league softball group out there. 
We’ve been a clown show defensively for the last couple weeks but that’s not our thing. It’s like a virus. But generally we are outstanding defensively and do all the winning games stuff (except Altuve on the bases). 

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

He should have been but you are right, he didn’t HAVE to be. 
I bet we don’t see him in the field again until next week. 

That is a good question considering Yordan tends to hit better when he's in the field on a regular basis. I don't think the risk of injury to that hand is heightened by playing defense considering he hurt it swinging the bat. 

Just now, Gourmand said:

That is a good question considering Yordan tends to hit better when he's in the field on a regular basis. I don't think the risk of injury to that hand is heightened by playing defense considering he hurt it swinging the bat. 

More about getting his feet wet slowly. But maybe not. 

I like the fact that we are going to walk them off in a low scoring pitchers duel and then we are going to buttfuck them into oblivion in game 2. It’s a versatile ass kicking. Something for everyone. 
I was just reading the ESPN power rankings that has the Yankees ranked in a tier all by themselves. Yeah, OK, Sure, whatever. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I was just reading the ESPN power rankings that has the Yankees ranked in a tier all by themselves. Yeah, OK

With a win tonight, we’ll only be 2 1/2 back for best record in the AL. With the tiebreaker and ROS  schedule, I like our chances

Edited by TonyTexas

9 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I like the fact that we are going to walk them off in a low scoring pitchers duel and then we are going to buttfuck them into oblivion in game 2. It’s a versatile ass kicking. Something for everyone. 
I was just reading the ESPN power rankings that has the Yankees ranked in a tier all by themselves. Yeah, OK, Sure, whatever. 

Let's not go full Helo just yet

Edited by Pimphand