2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

7 hours ago, Helobious said:

Shit sandwich on the menu for the Astros today, lunch & dinner. Don’t know who Cristian javier is but hope he has fun getting spitroasted by Judge & Stanton. 

I try not to be superstitious but I might start to worry about the mighty Yankees if Helo ever shuts the fuck up and lets them just play our Astros straight up without the advantage of him taunting the baseball gods. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

You actually make a somewhat valid point...but it's one I can just as easily make from the Houston side. I'm a little worried that the Astros FO is going to look at this season series as proof we can expect to beat the "best team in baseball" without doing anything to upgrade our offense. That's incorrect thinking, regardless of results to date. We really need at least one more solid bat, and I'm not talking about Yordan's. 

Click addressed that pre-game to Julia Morales. They are aggressively pursuing a trade and think this team has a great opportunity to win the WS.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

I try not to be superstitious but I might start to worry about the mighty Yankees if Helo ever shuts the fuck up and lets them just play our Astros straight up without the advantage of him taunting the baseball gods. 

1 minute ago, kevwun said:

I have become convinced it's a bit.  He just likes fucking with us.

Y'all need to stop with trying to convince him not to be a douchenozzle

11 minutes ago, Helobious said:

So on Yankee Twitter people are saying the head to head only matters if they finish with identical records. If we finish with a better record overall we still get HFA. I feel less depressed.

Yay, you learned how baseball works! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, kevwun said:

I have become convinced it's a bit.  He just likes fucking with us.

He is a reasonable poster on most topics.  Make it MLB baseball and he's...

just-a-bit-outside.gif

29 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Whatever fuck you, enjoy your July World Series win.

Classic Helo.

Go back and read this thread from pg 246 or so and none of us are talking about the Yankees. Dumbfuck rolls in to shitpost about how Judge and Stanton are gonna wreck Javier and now he's all ENJOY YOUR JULY WORLD SERIES WIN....

This is just another day for Astros fans, Helo, but thanks for the free blowjob. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

THIS LINEUP FUCKS

It’s the best we can do against a RHP. It’s the reason why we need 2 bats (one of them could be Brantley coming back if you believe that happens. I’d rather not rely on that. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

32 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

None of that even matters if Pena doesn't get caught taking a shit his glove in the top of the ninth.

Game was over, Yankees just returned the favor.

Maybe Pena should spit in his glove some more and he wouldn't make so many errors

8 hours ago, Helobious said:

Shit sandwich on the menu for the Astros today, lunch & dinner. Don’t know who Cristian javier is but hope he has fun getting spitroasted by Judge & Stanton. 

Fun fact: Minute Maid is a more hitter friendly park than YS this year, and they’ve been basically even the past 3 years.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/stats/parkfactor

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/leaderboard/statcast-park-factors

Comedy Laugh GIF by For(bes) The Culture

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I swear Dusty Baker is a fucking idiot.  Why do you waste your bullet here for him to be IBB and now we have 8 and 9 in the order coming up?   This is so beyond obvious this was happening.  

Dumb, Dumb Dumb. 
Hell, dipshit dubon as much as I don't like him was better prepared to catch some contact and win the game than Chas.  

do you want guaranteed bases loaded with one out or roll dice with Durbon, and 1 out 

6 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

do you want guaranteed bases loaded with one out or roll dice with Durbon, and 1 out 

bases loaded with no outs.

Should've saved Yordan imo. 

nvm I'm an idiot, I forgot about Yuli k

Edited by Gourmand

2 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

I’m not, roll the dice or guranteed bases loaded with one out. Passed ball wins it, pitcher can’t make any mistakes 

yep. that did put the onus on the pitcher and defense, but I still don't like the idea of neutering your best bat by putting him in a situation where he will be intentionally walked. I'd rather take my chances with a base open to put the ball in play and eliminate the chance of a gidp.

The only base runner that mattered to the Astros was Bregman at 3rd.  Every other runner was just a potential out.  The Yankees wanted the bases loaded because it created a force at home and setup the double play.  Being able to neutralize a Yordan ph and loading the bases were 2 wins for them.  The best move for the Astros was keeping Yordan on the bench and hoping someone else either won the game in that at bat or got on base.  Then you would pinch hit Yordan.  Dusty doesn't liking walking people intentionally so he isn't aware when it's going to be used against him.

Edited by kevwun
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

Aggy logic, fitting for a houstonian. Nothing matters but the final score. Everything else is just feel good bullshit that means nothing. 

Didn't you just recently post some bullshit about all the Yankee comebacks and walkoffs this season? And how it showed they're a great team? 

Simultaneously believing contradictory things without a hint of cognitive dissonance as long as both things make your favorite team look good is actually an A&M hallmark. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Here’s the net net. 

Plus to PH Yordan (which you know is an intentional walk) :

Walk or hit by pitch now scores the winning run that wouldn’t have scored on 2nd and 3rd. 
Minus:

Inning ending DP set up 

force at Home plate set up 

Significantly worse contact guy at plate with the runner on 3rd and only 1 out (Chas vs Dubon)

Yordan is now out of the game if it goes to 10th inning. 
Maldonado is now you zombie runner if it goes to the 10th inning. 

There is no way the pluses outweigh the minuses there. It’s walk and HBP vs everything else bad that the PH does. 

I don’t care about results. I care about process. I don’t think I made a single criticism of Hinch in 6 years and defended him all the time against all comers because you NEVER saw him fail to engage a well thought out process for his decisions. Dusty does stuff that’s just mathematically wrong all the time bc of hunches or whatever. It’s irritating and whether or not the decision works or not isn’t my basis of criticism. It’s whether the pluses and minuses were weighed out and the decision was logical. 

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Yordan is now out of the game if it goes to 10th inning. 

Wouldn't he just have replaced Dubon and Dusty shifted Tucker to CF and Diaz to RF?

2 minutes ago, PantsTent said:

Are all you mlb66 users having trouble for about the last week? Stream just ends and sometimes just have to refresh and sometimes have to wait 5+ minutes?

it's my fault for sharing it with friends and family

3 minutes ago, PantsTent said:

Are all you mlb66 users having trouble for about the last week? Stream just ends and sometimes just have to refresh and sometimes have to wait 5+ minutes?

If has sucked today for sure but at the price of $0.00 it is still a good value 😉

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

My bet is he would have gone Meyers in CF and emptied the bench. I don’t think they wanted him playing the field today. 

That's a good point but I wonder how much Dusty wanted to win that game to clinch the series advantage. He admitted post game he was thinking about it.

• Hook 'Em 1