2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

26 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Obviously HOF caliber pitchers are an exception. Safe to say Javier is not close to that. He’s having a good year and had what will undoubtably be the best start of his career last time out. It doesn’t mean he’s going to get shelled today or anything but the yanks will touch him up for some runs. Stanton’s going deep, he was hot going into break and then was ASG mvp.

stanton isn’t starting g1. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Allegedly they are going to look for an opportunity to remove Altuve in Game 1, according to the pre pregame show on 790 (Michael Connors I think). So, don't freak out if he comes out. 

A big Astros lead is the best opportunity 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WBT said:

What would you nancies do if he actually gave up a run that inning?

I would like the record to note I didn't freak out. I just pointed out that he can't keep throwing a metric shit ton of pitches every inning. This feels a little like regression.  He's always had good stuff.  He's always been able to get people out in the strike zone.  He was doing a much better job of being economical with his pitches, but that seems to be going by the wayside here lately.  

He's my favorite young pitcher in the organization.  And I love them all.  

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I would like the record to note I didn't freak out. I just pointed out that he can't keep throwing a metric shit ton of pitches every inning. This feels a little like regression.  He's always had good stuff.  He's always been able to get people out in the strike zone.  He was doing a much better job of being economical with his pitches, but that seems to be going by the wayside here lately.  

He's my favorite young pitcher in the organization.  And I love them all.  

I appreciate him sticking with the high inside fb and him not getting rattled by missing a little bit. Keep punching them inside. 

11 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

I appreciate him sticking with the high inside fb and him not getting rattled by missing a little bit. Keep punching them inside. 

I'm at work so I'm "watching" it on gamecast with the computer and the box and no context fro how the game is going.