2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

5 hours ago, Helobious said:

Obviously HOF caliber pitchers are an exception. Safe to say Javier is not close to that. He’s having a good year and had what will undoubtably be the best start of his career last time out. It doesn’t mean he’s going to get shelled today or anything but the yanks will touch him up for some runs. Stanton’s going deep, he was hot going into break and then was ASG mvp.

Who's on first, what's on second?

12 minutes ago, WBT said:

Yeah it comes down to would you rather Dubon/Chas or Chas/Lee get a shot?  And if Dubon somehow had walked then you could have brought on Yordan.

The only real way to take this decision out of Baker's hands, give him better players than Dubon and Chas. Diaz, Dubon, and Chas are all the same player with different names. Go get a real MLB player instead of being forced to play those 3 guys together in the same lineup.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, Tommy Nobis said:

Can someone remind me why exactly we’re playing a double header against these fucktards the first day back from the all start break? Then start a brand new series tomorrow? Shit don’t make sense.

WE had us a lockout at the beginning of the season and decided to play 162 instead of 156.  This is way better than an off day so far. 

If Boone wasn’t a fucking idiot shifting with men on base & 2 outs & a JAG rookie at the plate then they’re still playing. 

This is the worst. All these games are so close that I’m 100% positive Yankees FO is thinking it’s all luck and there’s no need to improve the team. Can’t even give us the courtesy of a blowout win. All the rumblings are that they have no desire to make any trade deadline moves and aren’t negotiating with anyone. George wouldn’t have stood for this bullshit in a million years. Whatever fuck you, enjoy your July World Series win.

I’m not watching any of game 2. Judge, Stanton, DJL all sitting. It’s going to fucking suck. 

• Fuck You 1

If Boone wasn’t a fucking idiot shifting with men on base & 2 outs & a JAG rookie at the plate then they’re still playing. 

This is the worst. All these games are so close that I’m 100% positive Yankees FO is thinking it’s all luck and there’s no need to improve the team. Can’t even give us the courtesy of a blowout win. All the rumblings are that they have no desire to make any trade deadline moves and aren’t negotiating with anyone. George wouldn’t have stood for this bullshit in a million years. Whatever fuck you, enjoy your July World Series win.

I’m not watching any of game 2. Judge, Stanton, DJL all sitting. It’s going to fucking suck. 

Wrong. They’ll trade Gallo for you in a heartbeat. Lol
  • Haha 1

Just now, Helobious said:

no, it's not close AT ALL when you've been trailing in every inning across every game played so far. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Gourmand said:

no, it's not close AT ALL when you've been trailing in every inning across every game played so far. 

Aggy logic, fitting for a houstonian. Nothing matters but the final score. Everything else is just feel good bullshit that means nothing. 

Just now, Helobious said:

Aggy logic, fitting for a houstonian. Nothing matters but the final score. Everything else is just feel good bullshit that means nothing. 

How many times do the Astros need to keep pounding your asshole before you acknowledge the gape?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, YChang said:

Dude Helo, you're more than welcome to participate and trash talk. I just don't understand the need for being such a raging asshole for no good reason. 

Because it’s really hard to talk trash when you keep getting the shit kicked out of you over and over? He just resorts to being a little bitch.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

We got an encore even.  Not quite as ragey but still other teams are not this fortunate....

None of that even matters if Pena doesn't get caught taking a shit his glove in the top of the ninth.

Game was over, Yankees just returned the favor.

1 minute ago, Helobious said:

So on Yankee Twitter people are saying the head to head only matters if they finish with identical records. If we finish with a better record overall we still get HFA. I feel less depressed.

You are just now figuring out how tiebreakers work?

MOAR MFY YES RAGE

11 minutes ago, Helobious said:

5 hitter !

7 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I believe the object of the game is to win, which in the end means the final score is all that matters. 

9 minutes ago, Helobious said:

You actually make a somewhat valid point...but it's one I can just as easily make from the Houston side. I'm a little worried that the Astros FO is going to look at this season series as proof we can expect to beat the "best team in baseball" without doing anything to upgrade our offense. That's incorrect thinking, regardless of results to date. We really need at least one more solid bat, and I'm not talking about Yordan's.