NBA Playoffs 2022

Vic Mackey

1 minute ago, Brothahorn said:
23 minutes ago, ztejas said:
How did Doris Burke get to be such a fucking beating almost overnight? She used to be pretty good I feel like. 

Doris has always been an ass whipping. But pairing her with Marc Bitch Ass Jones is probably what made you notice.

That could be it.

I don't really have a team but I guess I do find myself pulling for these guys in the playoffs. I don't think they can pull it together and I think ultimately their window with the big 2/Dray/Dre core might be closed already but I definitely find something inside me pulling for these guys pretty hard. Thanks for sharing random Internet guy. 

I watched the first half of the Denver v Golden State game. Thompson keeps getting closer to his form before the injury. Curry took a half to get rolling but, he’s still got a few weeks to ease into form. If that Poole kid plays like he did last night they are scary.

If they can get anything inside to somewhat equal some of the powerful teams they will be a hard out.  I picked them to win, with the caveat that if they were healthy I could see them win

2 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

If they can get anything inside to somewhat equal some of the powerful teams they will be a hard out.  I picked them to win, with the caveat that if they were healthy I could see them win

I'm not worried about anybody in the West exploiting their limited size. Even Phoenix. Playoff Draymond is a bad mother fucker:

The Nuggets shot just 5-of-19 from the floor on Saturday when Green was the primary defender. Nikola Jokic went 3-of-12. On offense, the Warriors finished 9-of-14 on field goals off Green's passes, including 5-of-6 on uncontested shots.

Embiid is the only big that I could see giving them real trouble, but he gives everyone trouble.

Jokic too, obviously, will have his moments, but doesn't have the team around him to do much.

3 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

I watched the first half of the Denver v Golden State game. Thompson keeps getting closer to his form before the injury. Curry took a half to get rolling but, he’s still got a few weeks to ease into form. If that Poole kid plays like he did last night they are scary.

I almost picked them to make the Finals - I just don't trust their health. They also won't have HC against Memphis or Phoenix if that's the path. 

56 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Embiid is the only big that I could see giving them real trouble, but he gives everyone trouble.

KAT is lurking and looked great last game. 

5 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

So the new trend is not play all year and then maybe show up for the playoffs? Clownball bullshit.

League is getting harder and harder for me to watch.

Who, in particular, are your referring to? Ben Simmons?

10 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

I mean, it's not like those dudes were out all year to load manage. They have real injuries...

Were the injuries real?  Yes.  Do I give any benefit of the doubt to Simmons and Zion in particular that they weren't exactly putting forth their best effort (anything above the bare minimum) to get back on the court?  No.

They've given nothing to show they aren't milking their injuries for as long as possible.

18 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

Were the injuries real?  Yes.  Do I give any benefit of the doubt to Simmons and Zion in particular that they weren't exactly putting forth their best effort (anything above the bare minimum) to get back on the court?  No.

They've given nothing to show they aren't milking their injuries for as long as possible.

Simmons was definitely trying to get back on the court once he got traded. He also sat out the entire season before that. 

Not sure about Zion.

MPJ has serious back issues. 

42 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Didn’t MPJ have back surgery?

Yes sir.  I'm doubtful they subject him to basketball unless Denver is like 2-2 or something like that, which I doubt.  They're a one man gang and usually those teams get exposed in the playoffs.  

Plus, Murray has been considered healthy enough to come back by the team, but has yet to want to lace them up.  This could low key be an issue this summer.

1 hour ago, Captain Obvious said:

Even if that were the case, the Pelicans, Nuggets, and Nets aren't exactly setting the trend for how to have postseason success.

The two teams most associated with load management--the two LA teams--missed the playoffs altogether.

4 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Even if that were the case, the Pelicans, Nuggets, and Nets aren't exactly setting the trend for how to have postseason success.

The two teams most associated with load management--the two LA teams--missed the playoffs altogether.

What about the Spurs and Raptors?  I haven't heard many other teams use that term.  When Lebron needed time off in Cleveland he would fake an injury, like a 2 week ankle sprain.

MPJ is not in the same classification as Zion or Simmons. He was legit injured and neither he nor the team had any incentive to milk it. Simmons made up an excuse to get out of most of the season and if his back injury is real it's reasonable to assume it's at least in part due to poor commitment to staying conditioned while being a bitch. Zion had a legit injury but he clearly wants out of NO and has therefore milked the injury while also clearly displaying a lack of commitment to conditioning and professionalism.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Llogg said:

MPJ is not in the same classification as Zion or Simmons. He was legit injured and neither he nor the team had any incentive to milk it. Simmons made up an excuse to get out of most of the season and if his back injury is real it's reasonable to assume it's at least in part due to poor commitment to staying conditioned while being a bitch. Zion had a legit injury but he clearly wants out of NO and has therefore milked the injury while also clearly displaying a lack of commitment to conditioning and professionalism.

Yeah Zion was the most predictable bust ever, he was already breaking down in college from being too huge. He may be in decent shape, but it's not basketball shape, he just needs to cut weight even at the cost of some power. 320# at 6'6" ain't good for running around on a hardwood floor jumping

19 minutes ago, Llogg said:

Not if the refs are going to continue to allow two hands all over him all the time.

They were letting him get mauled. Which took him out of his rhythm. They've obviously called a ton of fouls already... kind of weird what they're letting go and what they're whisting. 

• Hook 'Em 2