Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

Just now, closetohumping said:

I just don’t know why everyone is rooting against the pac schools?

I always liked Pac schools (minus Oregon aka Barbie Football) but the PAC as an organization seemed whiny/pouty.  I also can't think of the PAC without seeing thujone's cartoon showing them as a vacuous hotgirl.

9 minutes ago, Deej said:

Whatever guy is on the morning drive at 7:00. Some woman is his partner. I don't listen enough to know, and they recently canned the previous crew.  Also said aggy left in part due to the LHN. Obviously had an axe to grind as he said he's a Missouri guy and his school had a seat at the big boy table in the Big 8, but Texas (and apparently only Texas) turned them into a junior member of the Big 12, but now they are an equal with the other members of the SEC.

Just the same bullshit narrative the Texas alone destroys everything. 

Probably this Idiot, Ian Fitzsimmons.

https://espnpressroom.com/us/bios/ian-fitzsimmons/

image.png.02a7b6dc80f8f745da56f311685d40ef.png

I can't believe UO and UW would actually turn down a B1G invite if they can see beyond 5 years into the future. Perhaps this is UO and UW looking to gain some tiny bit of leverage with the B1G (give us more travel money), perhaps its Apple throwing out one more sweeter (but still bad) deal, perhaps its ASU/ OSU/ WSU leaking positive remarks in a last-ditch effort before the final PAC meeting this morning. 

Whatever snake oil pitch Klaviakof sold to the Pac9 members last night must have worked. Their football brands will certainly disintegrate over time on AppleTV but somehow he was able to convince them to drink the poison spiked koolaid. Enjoy your slow dissent into irrelevancy Pac9!

Edited by perfectchaos007
  • Drool 1

10 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

I can't shake the feeling that the 4 left standing eventually balloon to 20 teams, then realize that's not a real conference, then subdivide into divisions of 10 along generally geographic lines. Suddenly 25 years from now we have basically the same conferences. And we're right back to the best kind of conference (10 teams, round robin schedules) with pairs of divisions that are "conferences" for media contract purposes only.

Part of me wishes we could press the reset button.  I do like being in the SEC but this is madness.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, LTbear said:

I can't believe UO and UW would actually turn down a B1G invite if they can see beyond 5 years into the future. Perhaps this is UO and UW looking to gain some tiny bit of leverage with the B1G (give us more travel money), perhaps its Apple throwing out one more sweeter (but still bad) deal, perhaps its ASU/ OSU/ WSU leaking positive remarks in a last-ditch effort before the final PAC meeting this morning. 

The Big Ten may not have offered them a 5-6 year ramp up and instead offered no promises of ever getting a full share.

It sounds like ASU's president was able to convince the ABOR that the Pac 12 is still viable as long as Oregon/Washington stays and they are going to keep the two Arizona schools there unless Oregon/Washington leave.

If this is all legit and the PAC holds together with some sort of Apple streaming deal and GOR it would be a rather funny turn of events. Remember back when everyone thought the Big 12 was dead and then they hustled like hell to save themselves? Well the Pac 12 just waited till the last minute doing nothing and might net itself the same result....who says the dog eating your homework and professional procrastination/ineptitude doesn't pay off?

• Hook 'Em 1

If this is all legit and the PAC holds together with some sort of Apple streaming deal and GOR it would be a rather funny turn of events. Remember back when everyone thought the Big 12 was dead and then they hustled like hell to save themselves? Well the Pac 12 just waited till the last minute doing nothing and might net itself the same result....who says the dog eating your homework and professional procrastination/ineptitude doesn't pay off?

The Big 12 always ended up with more money than they previously had. Even if the Pac survives, they’re all doing it for less money and awful exposure. It’s survival, but removing themselves from the game in a lot of ways. Which I’ve long assumed they would do until last week.
  • Hook 'Em 1

So much bullshit posted on twitter.  No one knows a damn thing, and we wont' either until some type of press conference or interview happens after this meeting.   It would be shocking if the PAC actually gets everyone to sign a GOR, and should render any decision maker involved toxic for any future job openings.

AU would be stupid to stay even if Oregon and Washington stick around.   They're clearly not in for the long haul no matter what they do now.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Richard Kimball said:

Common board of regents with ASU, and ASU president Crow is pushing hard to stay in PAC. BOR has to approve Arizona departure, and they want Arizona and ASU in the same conference. 

That Apple offer expires tonight, I read somewhere. What if the board tells AZ they have to stay with ASU and then AZ files some sort of appeal? They could threaten to drag this out until after the deal is off the table. Some kobayashi maru kind of shit.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Lonestar88 said:

Well, the alternative is the Pac disintegrates and they make even less money.

At that point just go to MWC and get their payout. 

Just now, Sandman said:

That Apple offer expires tonight, I read somewhere. What if the board tells AZ they have to stay with ASU and then AZ files some sort of appeal? They could threaten to drag this out until after the deal is off the table. Some kobayashi maru kind of shit.

I was just coming to see this point. This is all a last ditch effort.

Still wondering if some handshake deal exists between B10 and usc to not add any other PAC12 teams for awhile.  If this is a significant factor, Ducks/Huskies staying might save PAC12 for now

kinda funny that Ducks/Huskies aren't more in play for moving to the B12 😋