Better Call Saul- returns August 6th

Goo Punch

here's what's funny- if none of us knew anything about Kim Wexler/Rhea Seahorn and her picture was posted in NSAA everyone would give her a 5 and say they wouldn't smash. She's a great example of someone's personality/demeanor/qualities making them hotter than their appearance alone. 

On 9/26/2018 at 12:57 PM, UTCzech III said:

The fact that Saul blames whatever crime he thinks he's about to die for on Ignacio, and then assumes that Walt and Jesse are Lalo's guys, seems to me that Nacho will definitely be on the wrong side of the Salamancas at some point.  It would also indicate that Nacho is still alive at that point.

Or it could be that Saul just blurted out the first name he could think of in an effort save his own ass.

On 9/26/2018 at 1:11 PM, UTCzech III said:

and off topic, but I went to go watch that scene on youtube, and the "next up" was the train robbery, goddam, BB was so good.

You're saying you watched  the BB Saul desert scene where he says "It wasn't me, it was Ignacio" on Youtube?  I've been trying to find that scene on there but have not been able to.  I was only able to find the scene immediately after that where he has Walt/Jesse pay him a dollar. 

Can you provide the link to the full scene please?

Edited by Xcalibur

52 minutes ago, Xcalibur said:

You're saying you watched  the BB Saul desert scene where he says "It wasn't me, it was Ignacio" on Youtube?  I've been trying to find that scene on there but have not been able to.  I was only able to find the scene immediately after that where he has Walt/Jesse pay him a dollar. 

Can you provide the link to the full scene please?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HouTex said:

Maybe I missed it but what was the payment arrangement as far as timing?

I was thinking about this last night and I wonder if you are thinking what I was.  If they are to be paid at the end of the job then just off them all and then nobody to pay.  But since when has Gus ever seemed to worry about money?  But the fewer the people the less chance of someone talking and this crew seems to be pretty wheels off.  Just bury them in the big hole they built.

Edited by Sparky

1 hour ago, Sparky said:

I was thinking about this last night and I wonder if you are thinking what I was.  If they are to be paid at the end of the job then just off them all and then nobody to pay.  But since when has Gus ever seemed to worry about money?  But the fewer the people the less chance of someone talking and this crew seems to be pretty wheels off.  Just bury them in the big hole they built.

I'm assuming half up front (or portion) and full payment after?  

1 hour ago, DDD Dad said:

It runs right into Rawls GC.

What’s so funny about it?

Just thought it was funny them naming a street in a town that is named after a different school in the same conference as Tech which is in Lubbock.  They could have used any street, just made me lulz.

• Like 1

i wasn't paying full attention to the first half - what was the test they were running with the truck driving and them hitting the power button?

also, does anybody have theories on how jimmy is going to overturn the verdict?  it's pretty clear from the timing that he doesn't wait another year to start practicing law.

4 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

i wasn't paying full attention to the first half - what was the test they were running with the truck driving and them hitting the power button?

I took that as them trying to blow up the rock, and the truck was the muffle the sound as the explosion went off.  I could very easily be wrong though.

I'm assuming half up front (or portion) and full payment after?  

Even at half up front and half later, I'm surprised they would walk away from a nice payday.

Edit: maybe the head guy figured out that they might not survive the project and bugged out.

4 hours ago, RPM said:

That was a clever trick to cover the noise, but what about the shockwave from the blast? I know... plotholes. But living near rock quarries I can tell you the shockwave is more noticeable than the noise.

it looked to me like you could see the effects of the shock wave and that the semi covered no up the portions of road which were most affected. so it was the noise and the physical truck which covered it up. 

That was a clever trick to cover the noise, but what about the shockwave from the blast? I know... plotholes. But living near rock quarries I can tell you the shockwave is more noticeable than the noise.
They don't blast one Rock at a time at the quarry. This was a small, controlled blast in a confined area. Wouldn't have been that bad.

1 hour ago, Jerry Callo said:

They don't blast one Rock at a time at the quarry. This was a small, controlled blast in a confined area. Wouldn't have been that bad.

I understand it was only 1 boulder. Have you ever been near a 3 stick detonationion? Its kinda extremely noticeable. Like feel it a mile away noticeable. Again, it's just a plothole and not that big of a deal. The truck was a good idea for the noise. A train would have covered both noise and vibration. They should have written a freight train into the script hauling tanks of methylamine. That would have been a sweet easter egg.

12 hours ago, HouTex said:

Edit: maybe the head guy figured out that they might not survive the project and bugged out.

I think this is it, his nerves were so bad when fixing that charge and I think it was because of him being worried about the blast not going well, not about getting blown to smithereens

1 hour ago, Sparky said:

I think this is it, his nerves were so bad when fixing that charge and I think it was because of him being worried about the blast not going well, not about getting blown to smithereens

At the time, I thought he was nervous because Mike might have them blow the charge early for his earlier transgression.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Apep said:

At the time, I thought he was nervous because Mike might have them blow the charge early for his earlier transgression.

Maybe this.  Later, he might have resolved to haul ass when he focused on all of the surveillance cameras.  Or maybe he was already planning the escape and he realized he had to defeat the cameras to get away.

2 hours ago, UTCzech III said:

I thought for a minute that after he finished his phone call, and the shot lingered on his full ashtray of butts, and then he stopped on the stairs, that he was going to go join the volleyball game and then have a heart attack.  That would have been too cliche though.

I thought he would off himself. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Lurch said:

On that, can someone explain the escape? He shot the laser at the cameras which shorted them? And the guards fixed the cameras but some pixels were still burned?

The laser beam blinds the camera as long as it's pointed at it. The beam is so intense it can damage the camera leaving dead pixels. If it was a human eye it could blind you.

But doesn't he have to be in camera view to hit it with the laser?  From Mike testing it, it only took a few seconds, but still, with the 4 or so cameras he took out, seems like the guards would have spotted him at least once, unless they were slacking off, which won't make Mike happy.

On 10/2/2018 at 11:42 PM, RPM said:

I understand it was only 1 boulder. Have you ever been near a 3 stick detonationion? Its kinda extremely noticeable. Like feel it a mile away noticeable. Again, it's just a plothole and not that big of a deal. The truck was a good idea for the noise. A train would have covered both noise and vibration. They should have written a freight train into the script hauling tanks of methylamine. That would have been a sweet easter egg.

I actually thought the truck was supposed to be hiding the shockwave and the noise. They showed the truck rolling in front of another industrial-looking building that was all lit up. I took that to mean that it was the only place nearby occupied with people in the middle of the night.  So they roll the big truck right in front of it and detonate... then if people inside hear something/feel something they look outside and see a big truck rumbling by and don't think anything of it.

Yeah the blast may be a bit more than loud/significant than what a truck would do, but I think the idea is that you hear something/feel something, look out the window and see something you know makes loud noises and vibrations and just dismiss it as that.

FWIW, when we were having all of those waste water well triggered earthquakes in Oklahoma, a few years ago, I was at home one morning for a pretty large one. When it was happening, it at first felt and sounded exactly like a big semi or trash truck rolling in front of my house. So I looked outside and didn't see one and then realized it was an earthquake. So would think a blast deep underground might create a similar low frequency rumble that might easily be mistaken for a big truck rolling by. /csb

On 10/4/2018 at 12:30 PM, Kyle said:

As noted above - Mike's "accounting for everything" with the truck, etc., makes me think the Germans are not going home ... I think Werner probably finally realized that.

So the disappearance of the 6-8 Germans while spending time in a foreign country is not going to raise any questions from their relatives?  And they are not going to involve the German government to find out what happened to their boys?  

Yeah I don’t buy that either. I don’t think their plan is to eliminate the crew. That would have been an obvious concern when hiring them that would have been accounted for somehow.

Agreed. Mike has a certain honor which is not consistent with killing them all. But that one guy was an asshole and I could see Mike taking him out.