Active shooter thread

Hugo Stiglitz

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

I haven’t seen any gun owners on this site balk at “logical restrictions”.

lol "on this site"

How about in the actual halls of power in America over the last 30-40 years, where it actually matters? Y'all talk like you're reasonable but once you get in the voting booths you're completely different and people are (rightfully) tired of the lies.

I have multiple AR-15s and two different stamped weapons. They're toys. I love them and they're fun, but they're toys. I've got other toys I love, too.

Being around other gun owners is the worst part about owning guns. It's like having a "talk to me about how cool racism is" sign.

Guns are cool, though. Cool as hell.

Also, when the revolution comes, I will snitch out all of my gun-owning, "tragic boating accident" acquaintances and laugh and laugh and laugh.

3 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Being around other gun owners is the worst part about owning guns. It's like having a "talk to me about how cool racism is" sign.

Also, when the revolution comes, I will snitch out all of my gun-owning, "tragic boating accident" acquaintances and laugh and laugh and laugh.

goddamn, but this is so true. i feel gross just walking into red's range here in austin. i don't even go there any more. the people there legit creep me out.

Edited by hayden_horn

No. I’ve hunted with lots of Hispanic guys tho.  The sizeable chunk of the Asian engineers at my office love AR’s. They don’t gaf about a bolt action deer rifle or Italian OU, but will build the shit out of the ARs.  But again, surly. All gun owners are trumpkin rednecks rah rah. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

No. I’ve hunted with lots of Hispanic guys tho.  The sizeable chunk of the Asian engineers at my office love AR’s. They don’t gaf about a bolt action deer rifle or Italian OU, but will build the shit out of the ARs.  But again, surly. All gun owners are trumpkin rednecks rah rah. 

Are you under the impression that these aren't the kind of people that shout the loudest the second they hear the phrase gun control? It really doesn't matter who owns guns when the conversation is being driven by a specific ideological group.

29 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

I never "lost" mine but you better keep my name out of your mouth.

5 minutes ago, GSU&UT said:

Are you under the impression that these aren't the kind of people that shout the loudest the second they hear the phrase gun control? It really doesn't matter who owns guns when the conversation is being driven by a specific ideological group.

Are you under the impression there is not an equally loud crowd, shouting the polar opposite? A completely separate ideological group with opposite beliefs? 

9 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

I never "lost" mine but you better keep my name out of your mouth.

We're putting the gulags in Oklahoma. Enjoy your stay.

5 minutes ago, HRSchenker said:

It is definitely true that the worst part of being a gun owner is having to be around other gun owners, especially when they refer to their guns as "toys". I'm a 30 year old man. I don't play with toys.

"They're not dolls, mom, THEY'RE ACTION FIGURES!"

7 minutes ago, HRSchenker said:

It is definitely true that the worst part of being a gun owner is having to be around other gun owners, especially when they refer to their guns as "toys". I'm a 30 year old man. I don't play with toys.

Yes, you do.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Yes, you do.

Emasculate gun ownership in an attempt to make men feel bad for owning a shotgun. Add this onto the purposeful confusion of young kids about their gender and you've got yourself a plan that just might work.

16 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Are you under the impression there is not an equally loud crowd, shouting the polar opposite? A completely separate ideological group with opposite beliefs? 

You are trying to obfuscate, the idea that gun owners in this country that are fighting against regulation are somehow a very diverse group is absolutely not the case. The racial makeup of all gun owners may be fairly non-white, but again they aren't the ones who are pushing back against common sense regulation.

Edited by GSU&UT

1 minute ago, HRSchenker said:

Emasculate gun ownership in an attempt to make men feel bad for owning a shotgun. Add this onto the purposeful confusion of young kids about their gender and you've got yourself a plan that just might work.

Calling a gun a "toy" is emasculating?  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, HRSchenker said:

I own two shotguns.

12 minutes ago, HRSchenker said:

What is your shotgun if not an object to play with?

1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

What is your shotgun if not an object to play with?

The premise of your question is confusing. Are you asking me if I treat my shotgun like a child treats a doll or like a tool I use to protect my family and property from those who wish ill will against me?

4 minutes ago, HRSchenker said:

The premise of your question is confusing. Are you asking me if I treat my shotgun like a child treats a doll or like a tool I use to protect my family and property from those who wish ill will against me?

ah yes, a tool. love to go down to the drill range to practice drilling things

8 minutes ago, deadshank said:

You realize the soldiers at Fort Hood were unarmed per da rules, don’t you?  

if you want to argue that US military bases -- where people spend their lives learning to deal with bad guys with guns by using guns, and where it is chock full of those guns -- are unarmed areas, then fine.  to slorch's point, we just need to make our schools a *little* better than US military bases at preparedness to deal with someone with a gun.

Just now, HRSchenker said:

Are you asking me if I treat my shotgun like a child treats a doll or like a tool I use to protect my family and property from those who wish ill will against me?

Your shotgun is more likely to kill someone in your house than protect anyone in there. The odds that someone in your house is going to eat that shotgun are much higher than you being John Rambo and saving any of them.

If you want to protect your family, get rid of that shotgun.

But you won't, because it's not actually about your family's safety, it's about your manly feelings.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Your shotgun is more likely to kill someone in your house than protect anyone in there. The odds that someone in your house is going to eat that shotgun are much higher than you being John Rambo and saving any of them.

I like my odds. Thanks.

10 minutes ago, HRSchenker said:

I like my odds. Thanks.

I'm sure you do!

I wish your family all due safety in the face of your abject stupidity and refusal to acknowledge basic statistics because your manly feelings are more important to you than their safety.

18 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

lol henry thinking he's going to trick me into watching that garbage

Not today, Satan!

sorry you don't like smart writing and quality television.

and you misspelled sorkin.  probably autocorrect based on word usage.

2 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

I wish your family all due safety in the face of your abject stupidity and refusal to acknowledge basic statistics because your manly feelings are more important to you than their safety.

Numbers don't lie but the people who present them sure do. If my gun wakes up in the middle of the night and shoots one of them I'll make sure you hear about it so you can add it to your bragging montage 

Just now, HRSchenker said:

Numbers don't lie but the people who present them sure do.

What's the lie, darling boy?

Is it a lie for me to say that your shotgun is more likely to be fired while in the mouth of one of your children or your wife than used against a deadly intruder? Or that it's more likely that you, with your easily-wounded male pride, are more likely to kill your own family with that shotgun than protect them?

What if she cheats on you? What if she takes the kids and half your money? What will that tool do? That precious toy that makes you feel so tough and strong? Might you turn to it in your time of suffering and wounded ego? And if so, what answer does it have for you?

#SorkInspiration

4 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Is it a lie for me to say that your shotgun is more likely to be fired while in the mouth of one of your children or your wife than used against a deadly intruder?

This one, because the truth would be "the average shotgun is more likely . . ."

You don't know of any heightened or lessened risks at play due to individual choices made by the gunowner.

Just now, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

This one, because the truth would be "the average shotgun is more likely . . ."

You don't know of any heightened or lessened risks at play due to individual choices made by the gunowner.

And neither do you, which is why we operate on the statistics.

7 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

What's the lie, darling boy?

Is it a lie for me to say that your shotgun is more likely to be fired while in the mouth of one of your children or your wife than used against a deadly intruder? Or that it's more likely that you, with your easily-wounded male pride, are more likely to kill your own family with that shotgun than protect them?

What if she cheats on you? What if she takes the kids and half your money? What will that tool do? That precious toy that makes you feel so tough and strong? Might you turn to it in your time of suffering and wounded ego? And if so, what answer does it have for you?

#SorkInspiration

This is why there cannot be reasoning with the anti gun crowd as I'm sure you believe about the pro gun crowd. There's just no reasoning with that kind of nonsense. We just have to defeat you at the ballot box. It's the only way we can shut up that kind of drivel. 

Edited by HRSchenker
goddamn voice to text

This is why there cannot be reasoning with the anti gun crowd as I'm sure you believe about the pro gun crowd. There's just no reasoning with that kind of nonsense. We just have to defeat you at the ballot box. It's the only way we can shut up that kind of drivel. 

You are going to eventually lose at the ballot box. Better to be part of the solution now than be subject to someone else's decision later 

• Like 4

We just have to defeat you at the ballot box. It's the only way we can shut up that kind of drivel. 

You've done that successfully for 30-40 years and it's only going to make the final reckoning worse.

Just now, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

i know he isn't the theoretical average person.

Man, this logic... it's so powerful.

Make your argument, bud. What is he and what makes it more likely that his shotgun will be used to defend his family rather than kill it?

Just now, bad_teammate said:

Make your argument, bud.

You assert knowledge of his average-ness when you know none of the underlying factors other than the mere existence of the gun.  Despite that lack of knowledge, you assert a comparative judgment (you are more like to x than y) that necessarily relies on that information.  I felt like my argument was pretty clear.

3 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

You are going to eventually lose at the ballot box. Better to be part of the solution now than be subject to someone else's decision later 

Thanks but no thanks. I don't want to be on the wrong side of history.

54 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

if you want to argue that US military bases -- where people spend their lives learning to deal with bad guys with guns by using guns, and where it is chock full of those guns -- are unarmed areas, then fine.  to slorch's point, we just need to make our schools a *little* better than US military bases at preparedness to deal with someone with a gun.

I'm not arguing a thing but merely pointing out your post about military bases is pointless.  Schools: unarmed; military bases: unarmed 

You:  We've had mass shootings at military bases.

Well, OK. 

• Pancho changed the title to Active shooter thread