Active shooter thread

Hugo Stiglitz

23 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Any school shooting numbers above 0 mean we have a problem with school shootings.

We also have a lot of other gun violence problems.

The number of liberals that shoot at baseball games is more than 0. We have a liberal shooting problem.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, TDunk said:

The fact the the illegal could obtain  a firearm is of no concern.  Just that they used it?   

Well, by name alone, stands to reason they could get a gun, regardless of the laws.

1 minute ago, TDunk said:

So you agree the gun laws should be stricter?  

why?  to further restrict the non-threats?

It's the most illogical pursuit since prohibition.

8 hours ago, TDunk said:

Illogical seems to be your specialty.    Hence, the prohibition strawman.  

Tis not a strawman.  It is a glaring example the gun fearers ignore.

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

So I guess firing somebody on a Friday to take the sting out doesn't always work out. (I'm guessing that's what happened here.)

Thursday apparently. 

23 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Sorry G, but I am going to post this video every time there's an active shooter deal and I didn't want to fuck up your Daily Texan thread.  Nothing personal, but this shit is getting out of hand.

Shit man, it's been out of control. 

• Like 1

Face it, America.  If you're not a fetus, the Republicans don't give a fuck about your life.  

Every independent, like me, should be voting for Democrats for as long as it takes to fix this.  It's literally life and death.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, G650 said:

Shit man, it's been out of control. 

I agree, just wanted to give some pretext so you wouldn't get (more) offended by the post.  I'm honest in my sorrow for what you are going through.  Like someone else said earlier, it's probably just a matter of time before all of us experience something like this.  Hell, I work in oil and gas.  Not exactly an industry safe from layoffs and definitely has a high proportion of gun nuts in it.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Why didn’t more people have guns!? Just another day in America. How many more thoughts are needed to stop this epidemic?

You have to do the thoughts AND the prayers.

If there weren't so many god damned atheist libtards in this country, this would stop.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FondrenRoad said:

Why do you think you are a non threat?

Why do you think I am one?

I've never even been in a fistfight as an adult, arrested, or otherwise threatened someone else's liberty.  Yet my ownership of guns is a threat to you?

Whatever...

Edited by slorch

On 3/21/2019 at 12:02 PM, Grandioso said:

If our liberal false flag attacks are to be at all successful we need to start gunning down the kids of rich Republicans. 

On 5/7/2019 at 4:37 PM, Hugo Stiglitz said:

This is supposedly a CBS reporter 

In between these two there was this. I hadn't heard of it until this morning. Press date is 4-29

Officials confirmed two more victims were discovered by agents Sunday while processing the scene at Charles Brown Road, where four other people had been found dead Saturday. News 2 has also confirmed that one of the victims at the Charles Brown Road scene was a 12-year-old. 

According to Sumner Co. District Attorney Ray Whitely, another deceased victim was found near a home on Luby Brown Road. Her car was also stolen. Whitely could not confirm if the woman's death was random or if she is also a relative of the other victims. 

Investigators say the scenes are at two sperate residences in Westmoreland and are related. 

According to Sheriff Sonny Weatherford, deputies responded to the scene after a family member of the victims found four people dead at a home in the 1000 block of Charles Brown Road.

A woman was also found injured at the scene. She was transported to Skyline Medical Center for treatment. According to a family member, the woman was still in critical condition on Sunday morning.

The TBI also confirmed that a fifth person was found dead at a home in the 1500 block of Luby Brown Road. 

According to Sumner Co. District Attorney Ray Whitely, the sixth deceased victim was found near the home on Luby Brown Road. Her car was also stolen. Whitely could not confirm if the woman's death was random or if she is also a relative of the other victims. 

Through their ongoing investigation, agents identified Michael Cummins, 25, as a person of interest in the homicides.

After a coordinated search with multiple law enforcement agencies and a helicopter, authorities located Cummins in a creek bed approximately one mile from the first scene. 

When more than a dozen SWAT officers approached Cummins to take him into custody, officials say, the situation escalated. According to DeVine, Cummins pulled multiple weapons, causing at least one officer to shoot him.

According to the TBI,  medics transported Cummins to a local hospital for treatment of non-life-threatening injuries As of Sunday afternoon, he remains in the hospital.

No officers were injured in the incident. 

Cummins has a lengthy criminal background in Sumner County with signs of escalating violence. 

He was first arrested in December 2012 for violation of an order of protection and simple possession of Sch. II drugs. He was released about a month later on time served. 

In August 2013, he was arrested again for domestic assault and sentenced to 150 days in jail. 

A few years later, in 2017, Cummins was arrested in Sumner County three more times.

In February 2017, he was charged with theft under $1,000 and evading arrest. Police records indicate he posted bond. Later in June, he served nearly two months in jail for robbery, domestic assault and violation of probation (for the theft charge).

Three months later, in Sept. 2017, Cummins was arrested and charged with aggravated assault, aggravated arson (charge reduced to attempted aggravated arson), escape (reduced to resisting arrest), and violation of probation for domestic assault, evading arrest and theft. He was sentenced to 180 days on each charge day-for-day. 

News 2 has requested Cummins' full criminal background and will update this story with more information after we receive it. 

Both the homicides and the officer-involved shooting remain under active investigation by the TBI, whose forensic scientists are currently gathering evidence and interviews to determine the suspect's relationship to the victims and a possible motive. 

https://www.wate.com/news/tennessee/7-dead-1-critical-in-westmoreland-shooting-spree-suspect-shot-by-police-in-custody/1959939463

Apropos of nothing, I went to a shooting range last weekend and shot a weapon for the first time in more than 30 years.  (Not a hunter.) 

Didn't really get a visceral thrill from any of the stuff. I did enjoy the little Kimber 9mm -- maybe because I have baby hands and the thing was kind of elegant.So if someone gave me this as a gift I'd probably enjoy having it.

32705-DEFAULT-l.jpg

I still think that regulated hunting in all forms is fine, and indeed probably should be encouraged from an environmental standpoint.  

I think the 2nd amendment should be read that one can keep an arsenal of rifles and handguns in his home but can be regulated to the extent that a person can be prohibited from taking his weapons out of his house unless he is engaged in militia activities in support of the regular army.  That's a lot of leeway for regulation. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

Apropos of nothing, I went to a shooting range last weekend and shot a weapon for the first time in more than 30 years.  (Not a hunter.) 

Didn't really get a visceral thrill from any of the stuff. I did enjoy the little Kimber 9mm -- maybe because I have baby hands and the thing was kind of elegant.So if someone gave me this as a gift I'd probably enjoy having it.

32705-DEFAULT-l.jpg

I still think that regulated hunting in all forms is fine, and indeed probably should be encouraged from an environmental standpoint.  

I think the 2nd amendment should be read that one can keep an arsenal of rifles and handguns in his home but can be regulated to the extent that a person can be prohibited from taking his weapons out of his house unless he is engaged in militia activities in support of the regular army.  That's a lot of leeway for regulation. 

What do you mean by the phrase? Clarify please...

24 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

You just seem like you're ready to snap, slorch.

giphy.gif

Not at all.

Just asking questions( that answer themselves.)

Like I said earlier-  I haven't harmed anyone else, nor threatened to do so.

Conversely, many other people seem on edge.  You ( and the lefties) are looking in the wrong place, bro.  To be fair, so is most of the right.

Just follow these threads, I'm not the one who loses their shit and starts getting personal when the debate actually has 2 sides.  Too many people associate disagreement with anger.

Edited by slorch

11 hours ago, TexArcher said:

Face it, America.  If you're not a fetus, the Republicans don't give a fuck about your life.  

Every independent, like me, should be voting for Democrats for as long as it takes to fix this.  It's literally life and death.

I absolutely believe in the value of your life.

That is also why I believe you should be able to defend it.

7 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I can’t wait until all the thoughts and prayers fix this problem. Maybe if we outlaw abortions and ban the gays it will fix the gun violence problem.

Or the government will fix it...Like it has everything else.

Or we could have accountability in the home.   But that's too fucking much to ask of people.  They are all stupid, after all.

Edited by slorch

6 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Awesome. When do we roll that out? Does the accountability program come with a free firearm?

or a coat hanger.  Your choice.

Edited by slorch

Or the government will fix it...Like it has everything else.

Or we could have accountability in the home.   But that's too fucking much to ask of people.  They are all stupid, after all.

What does accountability in the home have to do with this shooting? Or the Las Vegas shooting? Or the Orlando Night Club shooting?

These people just weren’t raised right?

Just now, Dark Horse said:

What does accountability in the home have to do with this shooting? Or the Las Vegas shooting? Or the Orlando Night Club shooting?

These people just weren’t raised right?

Absolutely.

We as a society ignore the complacency we have towards the family, towards institutions of learning, towards earning a living and supporting ourselves.

Then we blame inanimate objects for our deliberate acts against fellow human beings.  It's never the individual's responsibility any more.

It's insanity... but it drives the politics of life like nitrous oxide charged with lightning.

4 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

I'm looking at the place that stops reasonable regulation.  Groups of people who attempt to thwart reasonable regulation. 

If you aren't in that group, apologies. 

reasonable is "what i feel "

That doesn't work for me bro.  Not at all.  It's not what the framers meant with regard to firearms and the behavior/ vitriol on handing dissenting opinions of the subject is EXACTLY why it should not be further regulated.

I feel the current laws are somewhat reasonable. 

Change behavior, don't criminalize  simple possession.

Edited by slorch

Democrats need to cut all the bullshit and half measures like background checks, and take some leadership in recognizing we have a gun problem. Too many guns, too much gun culture, too many idiots with guns, too many bullets and too many gun deaths. It's not that hard:

CONCLUSION:

The number of guns per capita per country was a strong and independent predictor of firearm-related death in a given country, whereas the predictive power of the mental illness burden was of borderline significance in a multivariable model. Regardless of exact cause and effect, however, the current study debunks the widely quoted hypothesis that guns make a nation safer.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24054955.

And call bullshit on the second amendment arguments too. The constitution is not a suicide pact and every constitutional right must be balanced against other rights, like being able to go out in public without getting fucking killed. Heller is narrow, and I'm not sure this Supreme Court would extend it. More important than the direct effect of any gun legislation, passing serious gun-control laws would send a clear message against the moronic gun culture: This is not okay. And to the gun manufacturers profiting off this shit. 

1 minute ago, slorch said:

Absolutely.

We as a society ignore the complacency we have towards the family, towards institutions of learning, towards earning a living and supporting ourselves.

Then we blame inanimate objects for our deliberate acts against fellow human beings.  It's never the individual's responsibility any more.

It's insanity... but it drives the politics of life like nitrous oxide charged with lightning.

No, you're the person who is claiming "we are blaming inanimate objects".  That's the first talking point in the gun lobbies playbook.

So don't pull "society" into that shitty argument.

Absolutely.

So how do you propose to change these problems? What is your plan of action?

Just now, Patricio Swayze said:

So how do you propose to change these problems? What is your plan of action?

rescind the bill of rights.

If there is not freedom, people cannot fuck up.

Just now, slorch said:

reasonable is "what i feel "

That doesn't work for me bro.  Not at all.  It's not what the framers meant with regard to firearms and the behavior/ vitriol on handing dissenting opinions of the subject is EXACTLY why it should not be further regulated.

I feel the current laws are absolutely reasonable.  Change behavior, don't criminalize  simple possession.

You change behavior by criminalizing possession. By banning guns you send a clear message to society that guns are not okay. You take the shit off the streets. Boycott stores that sell them. Make it a faux pas to own a gun. This isn't going to stop until we push back against the gun culture and significantly reduce the number of guns. 

• Like 3

• Pancho changed the title to Active shooter thread