Austin FC

Bottlecap

Great performance across the board.  Keller is legit and is a great addition to the back line.  Gabrielsen needs more practice with this team - he didn't look sharp with all of the ball movement in the back.  Urruti did very little which is surprising to say about a striker that played most of the game during which 4 goals were scored.  Not much to judge Finlay on, one way or the other.  Valencia didn't play all that long and had several fouls and a yellow card.  That will come back to bite us in a close game against a good team.  Having Fagundez and Dominguez on the wings really opens up the offensive game.

4 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

Would love to come down to Austin for a game. Y'all seem to have a bigger and more loyal fan base than FC Dallas. 

It's a great atmosphere.  The stadium wasn't full on Saturday, but probably 75-80 percent - impressive for a game with the temperature under 40 degrees and constant drizzle.

On 2/28/2022 at 4:49 AM, Longboard Horn said:

Would love to come down to Austin for a game. Y'all seem to have a bigger and more loyal fan base than FC Dallas. 

We are still in the excitement "honeymoon period."  WINS is what the team needs now.  They get those and the fan base and ticket will stay hot!

But nice to see (if only for a day or two) the team at the top of the Western Standings

Edited by horn4life

This season is fucking FUN so far. My son said before the season began that he felt like we made fantastic acquisitions in the off-season. I think he may be right. 

Also, Wolff looks like he’s about to roll a 246 at the PBA Championship Semis on ABC Sports.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Jerry Callo said:
17 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:
Lima sucks. That yellow is good reason to sub Jimenez into the game.

I've been Team Jimenez since early last year. Lima probably has the edge on pure defending, but Jimenez is a much better on the attack.

I have not been impressed with his defending, either. Where was he on that last scoring chance for Miami, for example?

• Hook 'Em 1