Austin FC

Bottlecap

Is this real life?

IMG_0218.thumb.jpeg.a1f1f1169466e340f28c2676935bfe50.jpeg

We had as many corner kicks as a dead man, and I’m pretty sure a squad of 11 random Surly posters could muster up 2 shots on goal.
This attack is as weak as it was in season 1, maybe worse (no Diego to provide some fire). Just uninspired football. Bad, bad football.
But I’ll take the point.

No corner kicks.   I don't know if there were even two goal kicks from their defensive side.  I only remember seeing their keeper's face twice.  We simply did not get the ball down to the other end.  It's incredible how ineffective the offense is with Rigoni on the field. 

With that being said, I really appreciate our strong defense.  If we can play defense like that when necessary, it'll come on handy down the road. 

I'm content with the draw. 

Very fortunate to come away with a point in that one-sided shit show. 

I was wondering in the off-season how we were going to generate chances when they cut Lima loose. That guy's crosses created a lot of our goals last year.  Last night, we had maybe 1 or 2 crosses that went into or near a dangerous area. Zan and Rigatoni have been hapless on the left, and Gallagher hasn't done anything on the right side. We have 9s who have terrible touch and can't play hold up for shit. I don't know what's up with Pereira (or Wolff), but our midfield fucking sucks balls.  Ring and Valencia are not the answer, they should both be subs, not starters in this system.  Wolff seems to be a catalyst at times for some of our better attacking sequences, but his attitude is trash. He looks like a petulant child when things don't go his way. 

I don't think Wolff is the whole problem, but I also don't think he can get this team back on track. The team looks like they are done playing for him. 

I presumed getting rid of Fagundez; the most popular player in the franchise, was an aggressive play to set things in motion for an exciting offseason, then….. crickets.   The team is worse than the team that opened last year.  Obrien and Rubio are proven jags.  Happy to have for depth but we will rely on these guys this year.  I like Valencia because he is always solid but he’s never going to change the game.  I am over Pereira at this point.  He can make the occasional nice forward run but he does back line zero favors.  Wolff isn’t as good when Driussi isn’t playing.  We have 2 of 3 DP spots with guys that aren’t worth it and 3rd is hurt.  

I am not optimistic. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 3/6/2024 at 4:39 PM, drt said:

Anyone commented on the increased parking prices now that it is thru seatgeek? Fuck me they are trying to ruin this franchise. 

Haven’t seen that. But the MLS’s brilliant decision to move games to a premium streaming platform last season dramatically reduced my interest in the league. I pay a lot more attention to EPL and even Liga MX (which is fun as hell to watch and a far superior product to MLS overall).

• Hook 'Em 1

Yep. I watch only in person, and half the games due to sharing seats. 

When games were on over the air, I watched the vast majority. If it were ESPN or something easy, would be the same. Apple TV even with our subscription with season tickets sucks. It’s just a pita. 

12 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Wolf really doesn’t know how to win. Such a stupid manager.

You can say that again

On 3/6/2024 at 4:39 PM, drt said:

Anyone commented on the increased parking prices now that it is thru seatgeek? Fuck me they are trying to ruin this franchise. 

I had to list my seats on Seat Geek yesterday and after the fee I paid and what the buyer paid, they took about 1/3 of the final in fees. 

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

When even my wife turns to me at the 70 minute mark and says “we need another goal, not to go into bunker mode,” you know our coaching is bad. Sheesh.

Around then, I thought- “I wonder if we will give up a goal in stoppage time again.”