Tell me about Texas Tech

Longboard Horn

13 hours ago, alincoln said:

Everyone get their posts in now because this thread has months left to live.  I'm sure it can be resurrected on the Arizona State board.

We Are Doomed Reaction GIF

200.gif

this thread gonna get traded in for “Tell me about Ole Miss/the KKK” in about 10 months?

Edited by Evil Bill Obrien

19 hours ago, TexArcher said:

Oh, thank goodness.  Now I'll finally be able to get some sleep.

You want to talk about advantages?  Tech, TCU, and Baylor have had the advantage of being in the same conference as Texas for decades.  You've profited mightily from it.  And you all fucking hate us for it.  Olympic sports?  Sure, I guess it's fair to point out that we only have TEN championships in the big three men's sports, while those other three schools have, what, one or two combined from before WWII?

Yeah, you guys are all aggy lite.  You benefitted from being next to Texas.  And, because Texas is a better school, with a better AD, in a cooler place, you hate us.  You hate that you need us.  And you want us to hate you back.  And we don't.  So, that makes us arrogant.  But, the reality is that you aren't a big enough deal to care about, much less feel strongly about.  You're just Tech, Baylor, and TCU.  We're not being arrogant.  We're not rubbing your noses in it.  We'd rather you left us alone so we could ignore you completely, like the rest of the country does.

And you're gonna miss us when we're gone and the new B12 is C-USA caliber football for the rest of your lives.

In conclusion, fuck all three of y'all gravy train riding, whiny little bitches.  We'll stop by to remind you who you are in basketball and baseball every so often.  Otherwise, lose our number.

Damn I love the way you think. 

Two years ago when Texas announced that they were leaving for the SEC, instead of celebrating you guys were wanting us to stay. "We hate Texas, but we need them!" No, you just want and need our money, plus revenue you get. Tech fans(plus TCU and Baylor), you hypocrites have done nothing over the decades but complain and bitch about how much y'all hate Texas and now the divorce is final. Good luck to you and good riddance. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

The tech fans in this thread are hilarious:

“it’s not that serious”

”everyone who could end their dealings with UT did”

”it’s not that big of a deal”

This is from the same texas tech who a) ran to the state leg to try to block UT from moving to the SEC because [insert reason here] instead of letting UT do what is best for our athletic department and b.) put up a billboard in Austin calling Texas soft for not putting tech on the schedule once we leave for the SEC. I still don’t get the purpose of either one of those actions.

It’s pretty clear what Yackmark is doing and what Joseph McGuire is doing. They are trying to manufacture something that isn’t there. Yackmark is trying to manufacture Tech (and not TCU for that matter) into the premier program in Texas once UT leaves and beating Texas helps in that cause. Josephy is trying to manufacture “hatred” and a “rivalry” for a few reasons: 1.) it looks better to beat UT in what is probably the last time the 2 teams play either ever or at least while they are part of the same conference, 2.) they are trying to get under the skin of Texas so we actually sign that contract to play them as an OOC game yearly (in all sports), or 3.) Josephy McGullicutty is secretly trying to get UT mad so we go anal on them with no lube and buttfuck the entire schedule on our way to the playoff. 

Take your pick.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Pancho said:

This is from the same texas tech who a) ran to the state leg to try to block UT from moving to the SEC because [insert reason here] instead of letting UT do what is best for our athletic department

This has gotta by my favorite thing to bring up to my Tech friend(s) whenever they start puffing out their chest about how "the conference cancer is almost gone" and how much better things will be for the Big 12 once Big Bad Texas (and little ol "innocent" OU) leave the rest of them alone. They ran screaming straight to the Lege to try and stop Texas, commissioned hundred thousand dollar studies with the Lubbock chamber of commerce saying that the economic impact of 1 UT weekend every other year would be a serious blow to the Lubbock economy... which I assume consists mostly of tortilla waste disposal and STD tests/treatment. On top of that now you got this Yormark and Joey Football Coach tough guy act seemingly trying to double dog dare Texas into a long term OOC contract?? If Texas Tech doesn't qualify as a toxic ex idk what does.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Evil Bill Obrien said:

If Texas Tech doesn't qualify as a toxic ex idk what does.

Art Briles thought Baylor coeds were toxic.

But we'll forever be grateful.

giphy.gif

Edited by slorch

Its funny that they ran off those “fake” blue blood programs.  What’s interesting is without the blue bloods around helping to keep things in line this conference has already gone full carny mode.  All promotion without the substance and relevancy.  Can’t wait for the hotdog eating contest between Joey “Chestnut” McGuire and Dana “Red Bull”Holgorsen at halftime on the 50 yard line at nextyear’s Tech vs UH game.  Dana is going to puke allover the Tech logo and they’ll send the bell ringerdude out to clean it up.  Majestic.  

• Haha 5

59 minutes ago, stork642 said:

Its funny that they ran off those “fake” blue blood programs.  What’s interesting is without the blue bloods around helping to keep things in line this conference has already gone full carny mode.  All promotion without the substance and relevancy.  Can’t wait for the hotdog eating contest between Joey “Chestnut” McGuire and Dana “Red Bull”Holgorsen at halftime on the 50 yard line at nextyear’s Tech vs UH game.  Dana is going to puke allover the Tech logo and they’ll send the bell ringerdude out to clean it up.  Majestic.  

Where'd you copy and paste that from?

2 hours ago, Pancho said:

The tech fans in this thread are hilarious:

“it’s not that serious”

”everyone who could end their dealings with UT did”

”it’s not that big of a deal”

This is from the same texas tech who a) ran to the state leg to try to block UT from moving to the SEC because [insert reason here] instead of letting UT do what is best for our athletic department and b.) put up a billboard in Austin calling Texas soft for not putting tech on the schedule once we leave for the SEC. I still don’t get the purpose of either one of those actions.

It’s pretty clear what Yackmark is doing and what Joseph McGuire is doing. They are trying to manufacture something that isn’t there. Yackmark is trying to manufacture Tech (and not TCU for that matter) into the premier program in Texas once UT leaves and beating Texas helps in that cause. Josephy is trying to manufacture “hatred” and a “rivalry” for a few reasons: 1.) it looks better to beat UT in what is probably the last time the 2 teams play either ever or at least while they are part of the same conference, 2.) they are trying to get under the skin of Texas so we actually sign that contract to play them as an OOC game yearly (in all sports), or 3.) Josephy McGullicutty is secretly trying to get UT mad so we go anal on them with no lube and buttfuck the entire schedule on our way to the playoff. 

Take your pick.

Look at this guy pretending he didn't go to Tech

17 hours ago, Jasper_Jester said:

I actually hadn't read or don't remember this part, but this is hilarious in retrospect 

"I've always been taught to tell the truth," Briles said on the Big 12 coaches teleconference"

7 minutes ago, BigHornedLurker said:

I actually hadn't read or don't remember this part, but this is hilarious in retrospect 

"I've always been taught to tell the truth," Briles said on the Big 12 coaches teleconference"

Well his truth differed from reality more often than not.

13 minutes ago, statsman said:

3. “This is a thread for TT on Surly”. No, this is a thread about TT on Surly. 

That isn't the point. obviously.  It's when folks come in here acting all uphauled and shit that somebody didn't toe the line on the board's general  narrative with regard to Texas.  Yes it is a UT based board, but so much more.  Much like the baseball threads belonging to specific teams, one shouldn't go on certain threads and expect the mindset to abandon their own team loyalties.  When you troll, don't be surprised to get a bite.

It's not a difficult concept to grasp.  Evidently, it is easily ignored.

Edited by slorch

44 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

It's a joke man, relax. You guys are too wound up about everything.

I’m actually not wound up about anything. The Yackmark and Joseph McGillicutty comments about blue bloods and beating UT in Austin didn’t upset me at all. If anything, I wondered why UT fans took it so seriously when it is clear why they both made those comments.

But to suggest that tech is glad Texas is gone and glad to be rid of them is absurd considering what Tech admin, fans, and donors pulled in trying to get the state lege to stop UT from leaving, the tech billboard in Austin whining about UT not scheduling them, and the constant snide remarks on social media, at events, etc. 

So it’s really Tech who needs to “relax” and not UT, right? 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Pancho said:

I’m actually not wound up about anything. The Yackmark and Joseph McGillicutty comments about blue bloods and beating UT in Austin didn’t upset me at all. If anything, I wondered why UT fans took it so seriously when it is clear why they both made those comments.

I mean this is where I'm at. I don't see why any of it is that big of a deal to anyone. It's the same reason aggy made a stink about being the "only SEC team in Texas" at the same time, all grandstanding from random powers that be.

EVERYONE needs to relax, from the Tech fans that are being "snide on social media" (this is in itself kind of laughable, who cares??), to the Texas fans that are upset about being "blamed for everything", to all the other boomers that are screaming about the realignment stuff "killing college sports" (if I had a nickel for every time I've heard this over the years), as if any of their/our blathering changes one single iota of anything. Everyone will likely be happy with how it all ends up.

Like I said, play the games, talk shit, drink beer, be happy, we're all dipshit fanatics.

37 minutes ago, Pancho said:

But to suggest that tech is glad Texas is gone and glad to be rid of them is absurd considering what Tech admin, fans, and donors pulled in trying to get the state lege to stop UT from leaving, the tech billboard in Austin whining about UT not scheduling them, and the constant snide remarks on social media, at events, etc. 

So it’s really Tech who needs to “relax” and not UT, right? 

For me, as someone who is both (1) sad that we won't be playing each other every year, and yet (2) happy to see how the new dynamic amongst the members of the new Big 12 has come about, I think it's perfectly o.k. for me to say I'm glad UT is gone but I wish we were still playing.  The two thoughts are not mutually-exclusive.

There's no doubt that when Beebe was the commissioner and Dodds was the UT AD, UT threw its weight around and Beebe basically did whatever Dodds demanded.  Whether you all agree or not, the perception at least is that UT was the bully in the Big 12 room and there was a constant threat they would take their ball and leave if everyone didn't go along, which they did anyway.  It's also pretty apparent there was not a lot of unity in the Big 12 and a whole lot of distrust.   Whether that was on UT or not I'm sure is up for debate, but the bottom line is that we've never seen the Big 12 so unified and supportive of each other as we've seen this past year.  Would it be that way if OU and UT weren't leaving?  Honest question.

So yes, I'm glad UT is leaving the conference because I do think it made the rest of the conference partners better together than what they were, but I'm sad UT is leaving because it means we no longer play each other.  I miss the original Big 12 of 1996-2010.  But I don't miss the division, distrust, and vitriol that was present between the members...and there was a lot of blame to go around on that one.

Edited by Uncle Nate

18 minutes ago, Uncle Nate said:

bottom line is that we've never seen the Big 12 so unified and supportive of each other as we've seen this past year...  So yes, I'm glad UT is leaving the conference because I do think it made the rest of the conference partners better together than what they were...

Get ready for "B12 version of GOT" over next few years... unity and cooperation won't last

WINTER IS COMING 

• Hook 'Em 2

32 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

Who are y’all gonna blame for the ills of mediocrity without the resident bully being around? The non-resident bully?

We haven't blamed anyone else for 13 seasons.

GS.jpg

46 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I just love how all the leftover Big 12 teams are sitting around the campfire singing Kumbaya now. The spirit of unity is overwhelming and thanks to Texas being gone, they can all live in perpetual harmony, all of nature in perfect balance. It's bush league nirvana. Like every last one of them wouldn't put a knife in the back of their conference-mates to get into the Big 10 or SEC at even 1/3 share. Give me a fucking break.

They didn't have any other options. It was last call and everybody hooked up, "Look at us!. We all got laid!" It seems great right now, but at some point in the not too distant future they are going to wake up in Waco, hungover, full of regret and shame, and have to take a really long look in the mirror. And when they do, they will almost assuredly go back to blaming Texas for whatever ails them.

This. Plus the claim that Texas via Dodds was running the conference with an iron-first, requiring all other members to kneel down before Zod, accept leftover scraps, and were held back from achieving greater success either as individual schools or as a collective due to Texas' demands. Other than Nebraska losing partial qualifiers, what did any of the BXII schools "lose" by being in a conference with Texas and OU as the highest profile members? How many of the SWC schools who didn't make it to the BXII howled for decades about the hundreds of millions in revenue and brand exposure they missed out on by not being in the conference?

Tech and oSu did a premature victory lap when they thought they were going to hitch a ride w/ OU and Texas to the Pac. They were singing "hey hey hey, goodbye" to their now BFFs and soulmates Baylor, ISU and the Kansas schools. Oopsie.

It's fabulous that Yakmilk can claim the BXII was able to "get rid of" Texas and OU early so the remaining and newly joined schools can all achieve the greatness and unachievable heights that they were systematically and contractually unable to realize until we left.

Edited by GhostOfTomJoad
slorch meme incoming in 3, 2, 1...
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

But this is contrary to everything Yaketysax and the other ADs are saying. How did Texas "kill" the BXII while y'all are now saying you're stronger, more stable and united than ever before?

This plus all the Tech folk hemming and hawing about Big Bad Texas finally being gone on the one hand while trying all kinds of different ways to force Texas to sign a long term OOC series deal in Football with the other hand makes me chuckle. 

Angry I Hate You GIF by NETFLIX

i miss you love GIF

• Like 1

On 8/24/2023 at 12:46 PM, slorch said:

Everyone who could end their dealings with Texas did.  Y'all are the assholes. 

Just Own it.  

If you came to the Tech thread hoping for an apology, IDKWTF to tell you.

This is dumb and patently false.

In the last season or so, we had 1 of the most powerful football conferences in the nation begging us to join. Even Aggy voted YES.

8 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

Even Aggy voted YES.

Did they really want to though?

spacer.png

They are still crying in the corner about it everytime I visit Texags or talk to my aggy friends.  I'll be honest, the heartbreak this has caused aggy nation, and the knowledge you have to deal with those freaks again, has been my most favoritist part of the whole thing.

Edited by Uncle Nate
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

8 minutes ago, Uncle Nate said:

Did they really want to though?

spacer.png

They are still crying in the corner about it everytime I visit Texags or talk to my aggy friends.  I'll be honest, the heartbreak this has caused aggy nation, and the knowledge you have to deal with those freaks again, has been my most favoritist part of the whole thing.

The smartest ones among them voted Yes.