LBGTQ

Mo Horn

1 minute ago, Pokoloco said:

You think they would have been better off using the boys bathroom?

I stated no opinion as it was not relevant to the discussion. As Nex Benedict was nonbinary, Nex was using the bathroom that the law required for students. That was where the fight occurred and my comment was in reference to the post above it that discussed news accounts of bullying towards the victim.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

You're seriously going with she died because she poured water on someone and not because she was bullied for being different? What the fuck is wrong with you? You want this desperately to be anything than a hate crime. Why is that? 

No, I want the truth. Shouldn't we all want that?  Was the death because of the fight? Do we know that for sure.  

• Fuck You 2

Just now, Pokoloco said:

No, I want the truth. Shouldn't we all want that?  Was the death because of the fight? Do we know that for sure.  

You're a fucking idiot. Please smash you fingers with a hammer so we don't have to read any more of your posts.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Pokoloco said:

No, no you don't. You want to deflect until it is no longer in the public eye. You'll forget about this as soon as it is no longer in the news. You just need to distract until then. You're slinging speculative accusations against the victim based upon absolutely nothing. If hell exists, you have a spot reserved. 

• Like 1

Just now, Pokoloco said:

This is how discourse works over here?  

In your world in works like this:

Maybe Pokoloco is actually a child predator. He is stirring up shit here because he gets off imagining different ways this fight went down. Hell, maybe he knows what he knows because he was watching from a bathroom stall. We don't know that it isn't true, so, in our search for truth, we should definitely keep an open mind. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Dahobbs said:

No, no you don't. You want to deflect until it is no longer in the public eye. You'll forget about this as soon as it is no longer in the news. You just need to distract until then. You're slinging speculative accusations against the victim based upon absolutely nothing. If hell exists, you have a spot reserved. 

We need to let all the facts come out, I'll be here for it. If Owasso schools knowing allowed constant bullying of this person to where it ultimately ended in their death. People need to be held accountable.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Pokoloco said:

If Owasso schools knowing allowed constant bullying of this person to where it ultimately ended in their death. People need to be held accountable.

What if that bullying was connected to/at least in part motivated by the victim's gender-identity?

What if that motivation reflected the dominant cultural strain in that particular location?  As in, "trans and queers are evil and against God," and functionally all local leadership, administration, etc., nods their heads to that sentiment?  This is our concern, dude.  It IS the dominant cultural strain in that particular location.

If we were talking about the dominant local sentiment in Vidor in 1965 (n-words are scum), and a (the) black kid at the local high school got bullied to death.....would it be NATURAL AND LOGICAL to assume that the local sentiment played some part in it?  Or should we go flailing about, asking "maybe they were upset about the results of a chess match they played at lunch that day?"

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pokoloco said:

We need to let all the facts come out, I'll be here for it. If Owasso schools knowing allowed constant bullying of this person to where it ultimately ended in their death. People need to be held accountable.

People should be held accountable for the bullying and hate speech regardless. Whether the school was negligent in handling the bullying or handling the subsequent medical treatment is an open question. That I agree with. 

• Hook 'Em 3

4 hours ago, Pokoloco said:

Could be politically motivated, but doubtful.  I know you desperately want this to be white cis gendered Christian females who felt it was their duty to beat up a "queer". But I guarantee there's a lot more nuance than that.  

We deserve it, amirite !? 

Happy Well Done GIF by Laff

52 minutes ago, Pokoloco said:

We need to let all the facts come out, I'll be here for it.

says the guy throwing out baseless rumors that the killers are black and that Nex may have caused the fight by using the "n" word. or maybe it was a lover's quarrel, as you speciously surmised.  hey you're just asking questions because you want the truth.

truth-trial.gif

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

says the guy throwing out baseless rumors that the killers are black and that Nex may have caused the fight by using the "n" word. or maybe it was a lover's quarrel, as you speciously surmised.  hey you're just asking questions because you want the truth.

truth-trial.gif

Everything is baseless rumors right now. We don't even know the cause of death.

1 hour ago, Pokoloco said:

Good question. Is that stated anywhere?  Usually schools have zero tolerance policies regardless of who started it.

Language matters, I agree.

Parents can overrule those policies if they give a flying fuck.  I know I have.  

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Pokoloco said:

Everything is baseless rumors right now. We don't even know the cause of death.

No, we know there was bullying. We know Nex reported it to parents and the school. We know it started or increased following passage of anti-LBGTQ legislation. We know there was a fight that included a head injury. Oh, and we know Nex died. None of those are baseless. That the people that assaulted Nex were black? Baseless. That Nex said the 'n' word? Baseless. That this was a lover's quarrel? Baseless. That you're not trolling and asking sincere questions? ... 

Edited by Dahobbs
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

No. No. No.

In many locales in this country right now, the bulk of the population -- and functionally all of the leadership, public administrators, etc. -- would disagree with you.  Vehemently.

Queers are an abomination.  And there's only one rational approach to abominations: eliminate them.  That's what they think.  They act according to those thoughts.  It will only get worse.

Signed, a member of a group that has been deemed an "invader" 100 jillion times in the last several years, resulting in things like a massacre of members of that group at an El Paso Wal-Mart by someone who openly stated he was trying to eliminate said invaders.  Terrorizing, demonizing rhetoric has natural, predictable consequences.  People who try to avoid admitting that are doing so because they LIKE those consequences, and want more of them.  More dead queers.  More dead beaners.  Maybe then y'all will learn, and GTFO of "our country."

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Pokoloco said:

You literally could have started with this and it would have been fine. Instead you went straight to criticizing people pointing out the likelihood that their gender identity was a major factor and throwing out "maybe it was a lovers quarrel" or the old standby "maybe they said the n-word?" When you start out like that, its very obvious you have zero interest in truth or accountability, just begging that it was something else so you can go off on those liberals who are upset. You deserved the backlash. I'm sure plenty of OSU boards with political sections are all in on your perspectives, its why I avoid them like the plague. 

Edit to respond to the latest link that shows death not due to trauma, so likely suicide, which is a way too common for kids with gender identities that the majority thinks makes them monsters. It's just as bad or worse in my opinion if they were driven to take their own life as opposed to beaten to death. Do you have a preference between those options?

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

In many locales in this country right now, the bulk of the population -- and functionally all of the leadership, public administrators, etc. -- would disagree with you.  Vehemently.

Queers are an abomination.  And there's only one rational approach to abominations: eliminate them.  That's what they think.  They act according to those thoughts.  It will only get worse.

Signed, a member of a group that has been deemed an "invader" 100 jillion times in the last several years, resulting in things like a massacre of members of that group at an El Paso Wal-Mart by someone who openly stated he was trying to eliminate said invaders.  Terrorizing, demonizing rhetoric has natural, predictable consequences.  People who try to avoid admitting that are doing so because they LIKE those consequences, and want more of them.  More dead queers.  More dead beaners.  Maybe then y'all will learn, and GTFO of "our country."

Oh, I know. And you know I know. The dehumanization and 'othering' has been supercharged and empowered and with the Christopher Rufo et al types and the legal system/judges/talking heads leading the way, it is horrific the damage that has already been wrought and I fear the worst is yet to come.

Schools need to make that bathroom with only one commode, one sink, occupancy of one, available to whoever needs the bathroom. I’ve never known a school that didn’t have a “custodial bathroom. “

For the chiaroscuro set, which is another way of saying #bothsides, btw, call it the hermaphrodite bathroom, so it will remind you there are nuances at play.

25 minutes ago, safe sex said:

@HendersonHorns could you expound on what's funny about wanting to honor someone's identity and refer to them the way they wished to be referred to? Or are you just a little troll bigot? 

What’s the point?  

It is a tragedy a young life was taken. 100% fact.  Everyone lost. 

But for you to correct someone and point out “they” when there was no ill will in their post is stupid. 

12 minutes ago, HendersonHorns said:

What’s the point?  

It is a tragedy a young life was taken. 100% fact.  Everyone lost. 

But for you to correct someone and point out “they” when there was no ill will in their post is stupid. 

Just to be clear here, I appreciated the correction and didn't view it as angry or malicious in any way. I also didn't view your laughing emoji as malicious either, but rather making light hearted fun of my admitted mistake (which was ironic given the thread). 

• Hook 'Em 1

Spend time on queer social media or on queer topics that aren't well moderated on social media, and the laughing react is often used pejoratively to mock our experiences and points-of-view. 

If that was not your intention, even though you felt my remark was "stupid," then I apologize, but nothing about this situation is funny

• Hook 'Em 1

43 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Then surely you can explain to us what it was based on. 

I have a theory. On x/twitter, there were quite a few pointing out that the school is 40% minority and arguing that when the race of the suspect isn't released by the media, that means it is black. There was some discussion of inner city schools in general as well. 

Somewhat amusing is that though it is true that the school (and surrounding community) is 60% Caucasian, it is also true that it is only 5-6% black. 

I'll direct my rage at the newspapers:

The Oklahoman:

image.png.ca3eb7add8cc19e4302e9d8e20461f0e.png

image.png.6e8f05d8f372d0ea3d30ba2c056a1901.png

It's a real mystery. In an altercation Nex sutstained mortal head injuries. 

image.png.ae27dccbe0c1e8c7db1a9ef3068a6946.png

Foul play? After an altercation? Mysterious head injuries? Better fly in Colombo for this one you redneck degenerates.

image.png.0bea435728a358e0e3b209485cee2c04.png

I guess Sue Benedict was appointed chief of police. Police never, ever, ever pursue altercation cases on their own without instructions from civilians. No way they ever take a credible witness statement and make an arrest pending further investigation.

image.png.9b531227305990c7998a3475531de83d.png

Nex slipped. Nex's head got cracked. No evidence that the fall was related to the altercation. Case closed.

image.png.b2c35b8285893c43a037d0103b34da1a.png

We all know how much time. The amount of time it takes for the hubub to die down and they can release their finding of accidental death on Christmas Eve. It help that Mom doesn't really give a shit. 

image.png.ed2551bcc081646b655385dbb3627604.png

Maybe even a year. We're not sure of the protocols for making a finding after an altercation.

Here's your news if you call yourself a journalist:

A non-binary 16 year old, below, has died after a likely assault in a high school bathroom.

image.png.86d73014fd9f06005b886dfea468ab2d.png

Police have witness accounts that identify a suspect in the incident. This suspect fled after the injury to Nex Benedict.

Benedict incurred head injuries serious enough to have led to hospital admission. Benedict died in the hospital, an autopsy is to be conducted to confirm cause of death.

In the week since Benedict's death, police show no progress in their investigation which they claimed could take weeks. The state medical examiner says their investigation may take months. Neither organization would explain why those investigations will take such an abnormal amount of time.

Further, the police have not arrested a suspect believed to have been named by at least one witness. 

When this reporter asked why this would take longer than usual investigations for assault or homicides with witness accounts, the police chief said "we're taking longer because we take this matter so seriously. It's a tragedy."

When asked if the department was granting special treatment to the assailant because of his status, the chief replied, "it's outrageous that you would ask such a question."

Why do you insist on calling this an altercation? Is there a criminal statute about altercations? This is a criminal investigation; what is the alleged crime that you are investigating?

"No comment on an ongoing investigation."

The story is the official response to a deadly assault on a non-binary high school student. It doesn't take a crack team of detectives from the Owasso PD to connect the dots.

We become a shameless society.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

image.png.6361d0bd71605cbc37d7e0312a2a13dd.png

I have full faith in a MAGA Christians state ME. 

Preliminary information is that a complete autopsy was performed? Shouldn't that mean information need not be identified as "preliminary?" 

Preliminary information from the full autopsy indicates that Nex didn't die of trauma. Sounds like something they can walk back after the full 6 month investigation (burying of results) reveals, "Oh, what do you know? That fag died from an attack."

They've also been mentioning toxicology reports all along. This suggests that maybe Nex died due to drug use. How long will they keep mentioning toxicology results as pending to keep putting that idea in everyone's head? 

So, there are supposedly toxicology reports pending and "ancillar testing" to be completed. I thought they'd already done a full autopsy. 

Lastly, if Nex didn't die from altercation incurred head trauma, what are the police investigating?

Crack journalists asking all the important questions. 

Most outlets are just quote services using no discretion or real analysis. College boys and girls who have learned the template.

Once you call it an altercation, you can't call it anything else even if the term you're using isn't apt.

It's not Climate Cataclysm or Pending Climate Disaster, it's Climate Change or Global Warming. Can't call it anything else because the dumb bastard we geniuses write for wouldn't understand. Thinking up new terms is hard.

Okay, I'm going off on journalists. I'll shut up, but there is no question this passive form of reporting is an important agent in the rotting of the republic.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I'll direct my rage at the newspapers:

The Oklahoman:

image.png.ca3eb7add8cc19e4302e9d8e20461f0e.png

image.png.6e8f05d8f372d0ea3d30ba2c056a1901.png

It's a real mystery. In an altercation Nex sutstained mortal head injuries. 

image.png.ae27dccbe0c1e8c7db1a9ef3068a6946.png

Foul play? After an altercation? Mysterious head injuries? Better fly in Colombo for this one you redneck degenerates.

image.png.0bea435728a358e0e3b209485cee2c04.png

I guess Sue Benedict was appointed chief of police. Police never, ever, ever pursue altercation cases on their own without instructions from civilians. No way they ever take a credible witness statement and make an arrest pending further investigation.

image.png.9b531227305990c7998a3475531de83d.png

Nex slipped. Nex's head got cracked. No evidence that the fall was related to the altercation. Case closed.

image.png.b2c35b8285893c43a037d0103b34da1a.png

We all know how much time. The amount of time it takes for the hubub to die down and they can release their finding of accidental death on Christmas Eve. It help that Mom doesn't really give a shit. 

image.png.ed2551bcc081646b655385dbb3627604.png

Maybe even a year. We're not sure of the protocols for making a finding after an altercation.

Here's your news if you call yourself a journalist:

A non-binary 16 year old, below, has died after a likely assault in a high school bathroom.

image.png.86d73014fd9f06005b886dfea468ab2d.png

Police have witness accounts that identify a suspect in the incident. This suspect fled after the injury to Nex Benedict.

Benedict incurred head injuries serious enough to have led to hospital admission. Benedict died in the hospital, an autopsy is to be conducted to confirm cause of death.

In the week since Benedict's death, police show no progress in their investigation which they claimed could take weeks. The state medical examiner says their investigation may take months. Neither organization would explain why those investigations will take such an abnormal amount of time.

Further, the police have not arrested a suspect believed to have been named by at least one witness. 

When this reporter asked why this would take longer than usual investigations for assault or homicides with witness accounts, the police chief said "we're taking longer because we take this matter so seriously. It's a tragedy."

When asked if the department was granting special treatment to the assailant because of his status, the chief replied, "it's outrageous that you would ask such a question."

Why do you insist on calling this an altercation? Is there a criminal statute about altercations? This is a criminal investigation; what is the alleged crime that you are investigating?

"No comment on an ongoing investigation."

The story is the official response to a deadly assault on a non-binary high school student. It doesn't take a crack team of detectives from the Owasso PD to connect the dots.

We become a shameless society.

I don't think you're being fair to the mom here. It sure seems like she cares. And the text messages appear to indicate a mom that isn't completely disconnected from her child. 

4 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

I don't think you're being fair to the mom here. It sure seems like she cares. And the text messages appear to indicate a mom that isn't completely disconnected from her child. 

My analysis may have been too cursory. Glad to read this.

• Hook 'Em 1