Longhorn Network

TXs

On 11/22/2023 at 5:35 PM, Dnaguy said:

That's on you brother.

No announcer has ever ruined my semi at the rose.

Side note:

Can we all agree that the yellow rose is a national treasure?

I mean, I've gotten older.

The neighborhood has gentrified and gotten more expensive.

Austin is now a major city that's 'cool'.

But the yellow rose and the dude bathroom attendant remain the same.

There's something so comforting about that.

And you can do with your hands what you like and the girls aren't all up in arms about it.

Sacha Baron Cohen Thumbs Up GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Don’t forget the inevitable “no shit, I went to high school with your Mom.”

As much as we all may have dunked on the LHN over the years, I realize I am gonna miss it when it’s gone. In fact, after watching the post game show and bestowing of awards (which we watch after every game) mdmost and I actually went back and scrolled through the pregame show mainly to look for any “best of” montages and they didn’t disappoint plus they seemed to be in an especially festive mood for this last home game which (after a 50 point ass kicking) made it extra fun. I realize I will really miss it post-games in particular.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/22/2023 at 9:55 AM, Hermanator said:

Well give it to them instead of shutting it down. Just transfer the network to the SEC and rebrand it SEC Longhorns or something 

On 11/22/2023 at 10:15 AM, ChickenNuggets said:

haha, can you imagine... aggy would flip their lid... 

Exactly why we need an SEC West channel HQed in Austin.

As much as we all may have dunked on the LHN over the years, I realize I am gonna miss it when it’s gone. In fact, after watching the post game show and bestowing of awards (which we watch after every game) mdmost and I actually went back and scrolled through the pregame show mainly to look for any “best of” montages and they didn’t disappoint plus they seemed to be in an especially festive mood for this last home game which (after a 50 point ass kicking) made it extra fun. I realize I will really miss it post-games in particular.

I'll miss the graduation ceremonies. Got to see a couple of distant relatives that way.

2 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Having a network has been awesome and losing it is going to suck. Those who have wanted it to go away are idiots. 

Would've been better if they'd allowed it to show UIL games.

Also would've been better if it hadn't existed during a horrible 15-year period of Longhorn football.

Also also would've been better if I could've actually gotten the channel without paying $200/mo for a TV subscription.

• Hook 'Em 3