SHSU @ aggy

Elmer_Fudd

1 minute ago, fattyflattie said:

Just spent a half hour over there.  King is better than Ewers, Oline will be fixed when Foster is back from being "sick", and who needs a running game now that 60+ yd bombs for touchdowns are guaranteed.  Clickety fucking clack. 

The Foster part is funny because he was already benched prior to his sickness because he sucked. 

3 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Just spent a half hour over there.  King is better than Ewers, Oline will be fixed when Foster is back from being "sick", and who needs a running game now that 60+ yd bombs for touchdowns are guaranteed.  Clickety fucking clack. 

Remember back when Reggie was better than Vince?  Or when Dat was going to stop Ricky?  Same aggy circus, same fucking clowns with some newer younger ones in training.

Just now, Horn Dogg said:

Remember back when Reggie was better than Vince?  Or when Dat was going to stop Ricky?  Same aggy circus, same fucking clowns with some newer younger ones in training.

One thing that was very noticeable.  They had enough awareness to keep Bijan's name out their mouth.  So, either a speck of self awareness, or they just haven't made it thru their talking points yet.  The horns game thread stopped abruptly as soon as Ewers settled, never to be bumped again. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

One thing that was very noticeable.  They had enough awareness to keep Bijan's name out their mouth.  So, either a speck of self awareness, or they just haven't made it thru their talking points yet.  The horns game thread stopped abruptly as soon as Ewers settled, never to be bumped again. 

Wait until you see the amount of shit they are going to talk this week.  Since they swing on Bama’s nuts when they can’t find success for themselves, they are going to treat this as if aggy was the one playing us next week.  I wonder if they have to show the score of every Bama game to the dead Reville’s now?

Edited by Horn Dogg

Just now, Horn Dogg said:

Wait until you see the amount of shit they are going to talk this week.  Since they swing on Bama’s nuts when they can’t find success for themselves, they are going to treat this as if aggy was the one playing us next week.  I wonder if they have to show the score of ever Bama game to the dead Reville’s now?

I know.  It's going to suck.  I'm not sure they're ready for what Saban has in store for them and their purchased class either, though.  I have a suspicion he has that game circled. 

15 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I know.  It's going to suck.  I'm not sure they're ready for what Saban has in store for them and their purchased class either, though.  I have a suspicion he has that game circled. 

I just can’t wait until we start kicking aggy’s ass again every year.  I miss the sound of “poooooor aggys” filling DKR in the 3rd quarter.

Edited by Horn Dogg
I’m drunk

Sam Houston stopped themselves more than a&m did especially on their sustained drives with a bad pick and fumble in the red zone. Those blown coverages won't always be there against P5 competition and King continue to throw ducks. If App State can get to 35 points next week them watch out. 

• Hook 'Em 1

18 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

I see the App State game differently unfortunately. Their defense is ass enough for A&M to score, SHSU's DL actually looks better. And I think A&M's defense is actually pretty good. Pretty hard to tell because SHSU's quarterback is absolutely awful. I think our 2021 defense would have held this SHSU team to single digits. 

Difficult to say given the difference in the level of comp each team faced yesterday. I also stopped watching any of the tamu game at halftime and I'm admittedly wishcasting quite a bit. But the tamu  OL is vulnerable and I think they're going to have problems against App State's speed at edge. King's not going to have nearly as much time in the pocket as he did against SHSU and I think they'll also be able to cheat to stop the run. Meanwhile App State's offense is pretty explosive and will cause problems for the tamu defensive backs. If King plays at least 3 quarters he'll have 3 more INT's and if CO allowed legal bets on college sports I'd jump on the 14.5 points for sure. 37 - 27 App State.

20 hours ago, Big_kat said:

Love the piped in crowd noise. There are like 100 in dye stands but the crowd noise is still there. 

Went with some friends to the Miss St game a few years ago to their miss st game and they were piping crowd noise through the speakers all game long.  
They run it through the play which I thought was illegal, but even if not thats not very sporting of them.  

it became incredibly obvious later in the game with aggies losing and only about 1/4 of the crowd remaining, yet the crowd noise was still too loud to talk to someone next to you.  Pretty sure Dan Mullen called them out for it a couple years ago.  

39 minutes ago, Jimbob said:

Went with some friends to the Miss St game a few years ago to their miss st game and they were piping crowd noise through the speakers all game long.  
They run it through the play which I thought was illegal, but even if not thats not very sporting of them.  

it became incredibly obvious later in the game with aggies losing and only about 1/4 of the crowd remaining, yet the crowd noise was still too loud to talk to someone next to you.  Pretty sure Dan Mullen called them out for it a couple years ago.  

I went to their SHSU game when Johnny Crackhead was there because I knew a kid playing for SHSU. Their fans were classless dickheads to the SHSU fans (shockingly!) and they also piped in crowd noise throughout that game. Such a fearsome home environment. 

5 hours ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Sam Houston stopped themselves more than a&m did especially on their sustained drives with a bad pick and fumble in the red zone. Those blown coverages won't always be there against P5 competition and King continue to throw ducks. If App State can get to 35 points next week them watch out. 

hot hot hot

• Haha 1

More observations from listening to the aggy radio announcers:

- no aggy committed a single penalty in the game, but there were several questionable calls against them

-SHSU ran several plays that might work against 'their level ' but not against the SEC. No mention if the inverse holds true or not

- Went into detail of BJ Foster's issues at Texas and his character right after he picked King off. Interesting timing to take a shot at him. No mention of Ainias Smiths recent incident that was swept under the rug 

- very little mention of any names of SHSU players because they obviously do zero preparation.  Craig Way would have said what high school they went to, it's mascot, how far they advanced in the playoffs, their head coach's name etc etc etc

- and my personal favorite was mentions of how many players aggy was rotating in on offense followed closely by a complaint about a delay of game penalty because " the ref won't let them snap the ball"...Tell me you don't know a fucking thing about football without telling me you don't know a fucking thing about football 

• Hook 'Em 2