Meltdown Time 2022

Augustus

I actually got really bored with these things a few seasons ago, so it's pretty refreshing when fans are able to come up with something humorous enough that I wanted to create a thread for it.

https://www.rollbamaroll.com/2022/9/6/23338721/nsfw-its-meltdown-time-lsu-oregon-nebraska-let-their-pathos-shine

Some of the Oregon fans are pretty damn good:

Phil Knight, in a prime time ABC interview, has this to say - “I’ve always loved the great state of Washington. Deep down I’ve always been a Huskie.”

“GODDAMMIT TURD FURGUSSEN YOU BLEW OUR ONLY CHANCE AT A GARBAGE TIME TD, WHICH IS WORTH THE SAME AMOUNT OF POINTS AS A REGULAR TD BUT ALSO MAKES YOU FEEL SMALL AND INSIGNIFICANT”

“OH GREAT, fucking highlights of Bo Nix beating us in different uniform”

“Sweet, so now Nix has beaten Oregon twice.”

The only redeeming fact is that there’s so many transfers it’s not even really us LMAO

LSU

For the billionth time, I find myself wishing there was some form of accountability for ridiculous internet commentary.

“Brian Kelly buys his king cake from Walmart”

“I love how all of ESPN’s cameras are foggy 720p shit, but then they bust out the 4K camera for a closeup of Brian Kelly’s sweaty face.”

“Imagine being suspended for grades and school started a week ago? You lose the fucking syllabus?”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

• 4 weeks later...

The word on the street is a Texas alum killed the meltdown thread.

https://www.rollbamaroll.com/2022/9/28/23376836/rest-in-peace-rbr-meltdown-2006-2022

Apparently, the Horns made the meltdown thread, a Texas alum lawyer contacted Vox and RBR and threatened to cause them a bunch of grief--I don't understand how/why what they could have been liable for, but it apparently involved terms of service--so the article came down in less than an hour, and RBR has elected to discontinue it versus trying to sanitize it each week.

Jesus you guys are not even in the SEC yet and already making enemies.  

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, ermahgerdhorn said:

I'm confused.  The article seems to imply they got in trouble for quoting posts with racist/homophobic slurs (which they were mocking).  What does that have to do with us?

Everyone talking about this on different forums I follow has said that it was a UT alum, an attorney, who contacted them threatening to get them into trouble for apparently breaching the terms of service by publishing the objectionable quotes from UT message boards.  The article that I linked doesn't say, so I don't know if they discussed that on a previous posting or what.

I just thought it was hilarious that a fan had a meltdown over fan meltdowns being published.  College football fans may be the most fascinating group of people for study.  

33 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Why not just do it on Reddit or something where the content limitations aren't as scrutinized?

The novelty/entertainment quotient of the meltdown thread hasn't really had much of a shelf life for me.  They kind of all become the same after a while, although once in a while somebody comes up with something pretty clever.  But I think it's run its course.

12 hours ago, Augustus said:

This is a brand new experience for us. We've never had enemies before. Never even dreamed of it. You, sir, are a ray of enlightenment, bring the college football world out of the dark ages. 

Maybe next week you will discover that Texas A&M is strange. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

16 hours ago, Augustus said:

https://www.rollbamaroll.com/2022/9/28/23376836/rest-in-peace-rbr-meltdown-2006-2022

Apparently, the Horns made the meltdown thread, a Texas alum lawyer contacted Vox and RBR and threatened to cause them a bunch of grief--I don't understand how/why what they could have been liable for, but it apparently involved terms of service--so the article came down in less than an hour, and RBR has elected to discontinue it versus trying to sanitize it each week.

What starts here changes the internet…

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Augustus said:

Everyone talking about this on different forums I follow has said that it was a UT alum, an attorney, who contacted them threatening to get them into trouble for apparently breaching the terms of service by publishing the objectionable quotes from UT message boards.  The article that I linked doesn't say, so I don't know if they discussed that on a previous posting or what.

I just thought it was hilarious that a fan had a meltdown over fan meltdowns being published.  College football fans may be the most fascinating group of people for study.  

I was in the meltdowns a few times back from TOS.  I wore it like a badge of honor.  Of course, I don’t go around posting racial or homophobic slurs.  Although I did body shame our band twirler once during a particularly egregious loss, or maybe I body shamed a manatee depending on how you looked at it.

On 9/30/2022 at 1:17 AM, Augustus said:

download.gif

• 11 months later...