Concerts you are attending

bamachine

On 1/24/2024 at 2:56 PM, 4th&Five said:

I wish this was ACL

image.thumb.png.b5eda63a796a1a921960f74135f9e1d9.png

that is a great lineup.  bands like wallflowers, son volt, soul asylum, Dinosaur Jr way down the bill.  Chris Isaak and Lyle Lovett.  fucking fantastic.

• Hook 'Em 1

Got some very cheap tickets to see the doobie brothers last night. Found out when we got there that it was a HAAM benefit and there was a slient auction happening and a bunch of VIP tables on the floor. Weird vibe. Michael McDonald is touring with them, which means they played some shitty Michael McDonald songs. Their voices all sounded surprisingly good and I really enjoyed the 5 songs that I was there to hear. The rest of it was incredibly boring. 

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, stc said:

Got some very cheap tickets to see the doobie brothers last night. Found out when we got there that it was a HAAM benefit and there was a slient auction happening and a bunch of VIP tables on the floor. Weird vibe. Michael McDonald is touring with them, which means they played some shitty Michael McDonald songs. Their voices all sounded surprisingly good and I really enjoyed the 5 songs that I was there to hear. The rest of it was incredibly boring. 

Did you see the openers PAACK?

I went last night. Thought Paack was decent, wouldn't mind checking them out at their residency at Saxon. I'm not a Doobie Brothers fan, but went as a favor to a friend. Their voices were surprisingly good, but their music does absolutely nothing for me and it just seems all over the map - is it 70s rock anthems? Yes. Is it the occasional attempt at actually rocking out with some 70s psychedelia? Yes. Is it Michael McDonald 80s yacht rock? Yes. Is it mostly just kinda boring pop rock? Yes.

11 hours ago, stc said:

actually it looks like maybe that was paack and it's a "supergroup" that features members of madam radar. either way, not my thing. 

2 of the girls in PAACK are from Madam Radar but Madam Radar does put on a great show.  

Hey... so here is a Moody Amphitheater question...

Just bought some GA tickets for a show in September.  Thing is, the whole seating chart was GA.  I've been there before where there were individual seats, lawn, premium lawn, etc.  Is this right?  A complete GA show there?  Do you just show up and throw elbows for the chairs?

47 minutes ago, nolongerU2horn said:

perhaps the presale is only for the pit/ga section?

edit: nm, I looked at Ticketmaster and yeah, looks like it's all GA. Weird.

I haven't seen that before.  It is the fan presale so I would think you would have first dibs at seats but if its all GA, I guess that's the way it goes.  

danny carey is 62 fucking years old. that drum and synthesizer shit with pat mastoletto was fantastic. intolerance, rosetta stoned, and the fucking grudge lit me up. god damn that was good. didn't expect the backlash from *gasp* standing during a tool show, but fuck all you lame ass pussies behind me. for the most part people took the phone thing seriously and that was nice. the visuals were incredible. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

3ce3f5d00aa4dd6284a1eec1a4ca71f8.jpg
d232e7787c0a1cd4c7239f792ddf4da1.jpg
f8d18ca99d7ef2bf872d17d873b39ab9.jpg
I had a rare Saturday night free and since I had not yet been to the Longhorn Ballroom I decided to go check these guys out. I had low expectations because it is a tribute band of sorts, but man was I wrong. They were fantastic! It wasn’t just guys up there halfheartedly covering Bob Wills, they brought the feeling. The place was packed and people were up and dancing the whole time. A couple of Bob Willis’s relatives were in the audience and got a shout out from the stage. I don’t follow these guys so I have no idea if this was a one off or if they’re touring. But if they are you should check them out. One of the best shows I’ve seen in a long while.

• Like 1

I was at the Tool show in Austin, too.  

They played several of my very favorites.  I think they pretty much always do "Schism" and "Pneuma," but I was geeked to hear "The Pot" and "The Grudge."

If you can sit still during "The Pot" live, you are dead.

Danny fucking Carey, man.  Danny.  Carey.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

On 1/29/2024 at 10:28 AM, faps said:

TOOL on Wednesday, anyone else going?

going tomorrow night here in Denver! my third time... this is fucking awesome! 🤘😄

On 2/1/2024 at 12:40 AM, elguapo said:

image.thumb.jpeg.2e559e1effd43d7b292409547d57eae7.jpeg

also...got tickets for Black Pumas here in June.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Thought I’d picked great seats for Tool at Moody but what the fuck was this bundle of cables? A half billion for an arena and there’s not enough electrical under the floor to avoid this?

977b597a7f5ff9f95b04e28bfdeb7e6c.jpg

Reminds me of this A-hole (not the hand... the turtle) during the Yeah Yeah Yeahs show at ACL...

image.thumb.png.f9e175ad4ab60e3d7d5d1aa7a187a0f6.png

• Rage+1 1

Thought I’d picked great seats for Tool at Moody but what the fuck was this bundle of cables? A half billion for an arena and there’s not enough electrical under the floor to avoid this?

977b597a7f5ff9f95b04e28bfdeb7e6c.jpg

Same vantage point but higher up. Same questions. Wtf moody

If I can get off my ass I hope to see Steve Earle at whitewater and Bleachers at moody amphitheater. Prolly aftermarket already. My sons like the shows and I never regret going with them to see music.

20240205_224037.thumb.jpg.7630d98df2979159b4e2bdec51a16def.jpg20240205_224251.thumb.jpg.c353697e0716e5b25b7588d8e9bda510.jpg

great show as always. i give the edge to the 2022 San Antonio show just bc they played nearly every one of my favorites.

and the texicans know how to fucking rock 🤘 everybody at the Denver show looked exactly the same - 'Colorado rugged' 😆

ETA: also, while waiting around to leave for Tool tonight... we bought tickets to Gary Clark Jr. at Red Rocks in May! i mean that sounds fucking awesome lol.

Edited by mchookem
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 1/26/2024 at 10:08 AM, texasdago said:

Yessss!!! Got tickets to Thievery Corporation.  Really looking forward to it.  Have been listening to them since the 90s... finally get to see them live!

The first singer is Lou Lou from Austin. Her day job is being the manager at Justine's.  She got kicked out of the band over a year ago. No idea what happened. 

Nothing planned so far, but I would like to go to Sammy's birthday bash before he can't do it anymore. Saw Jack Russell's Great White last weekend. Band was awesome. Jack was.... a bit out of tune. His voice sounded exactly the same, but only one pitch. Saw Mammoth WVH with Nita Strauss in December. Really good.

They just announced two Dylan shows at Moody Theater for Apr 5th and 6th.  Sale starts Friday. I haven't seen him in a while so I see this as maybe a last chance.  Hopefully he can sing well enough.  My other times seeing him has been hit or miss.

37 minutes ago, Ten Bears said:

They just announced two Dylan shows at Moody Theater for Apr 5th and 6th.  Sale starts Friday. I haven't seen him in a while so I see this as maybe a last chance.  Hopefully he can sing well enough.  My other times seeing him has been hit or miss.

ACL LIVE PRESALE
begins Thurs. 2/8
Valid 10AM - 10PM CT.

Code: RARWT24

• Hook 'Em 2