NBA 2022-2023 Season Thread

Mitch Cumsteen

4 hours ago, Underdog said:

The Suns reaction to that dunk is pretty damn petty. 

Fuck Phoenix. You're an entertainment product. Getting a chance to watch Zion do a dunk contest dunk is a big part of why people are paying money to watch a December basketball game. Suns trying to act like they're the "been there, done that" classy, veteran team. Fuck all that. Can't wait to watch another postseason of Chris Paul not winning a championship.

Boston with back to back blowout losses.  This is a poor defensive team right now.  Horford and Williams both being out hurts. They desperately needed another quality big in the off season, but didn't acquire one. Perhaps that was a luxury tax decision.  Maybe how the team looks without their starting bigs will force their hand at the trade deadline.  They're still one of the best teams in the league, but it's hard to see a championship with this defense. 

On 12/10/2022 at 5:43 PM, aggie08 said:

Blake Griffin is on the Celtics? Neat.

I'm not really sure. I mean, it kind of looks like Blake Griffin, and that's the name the announcers keep using, but he plays more like my dad than like this guy:Nba Playoffs Basketball GIF by NBA

Edited by SilasCoade
my dad is 68 and sucks at basketball

How about a modified Lakers trade:

Lakers get:
McDermott
Richardson
Hield
Turner

Spurs get:
Westbrook
2027 1st unprotected

Pacers get:
Beverley
Nunn
2029 1st unprotected

Lakers:
Shooters, depth, 3 and D

Spurs:
A possible great 1st, get off a year of McDermott money. They can just release Russ. Net loss of money over 2 years isn’t that much.

Pacers
Get off a year of Hield at 20m. Possible great 1st.

8 minutes ago, Fastbreak said:

How about a modified Lakers trade:

Lakers get:
McDermott
Richardson
Hield
Turner

Spurs get:
Westbrook
2027 1st unprotected

Pacers get:
Beverley
Nunn
2029 1st unprotected

Lakers:
Shooters, depth, 3 and D

Spurs:
A possible great 1st, get off a year of McDermott money. They can just release Russ. Net loss of money over 2 years isn’t that much.

Pacers
Get off a year of Hield at 20m. Possible great 1st.

These trade proposals for Russ rarely make sense to 3rd party non-Laker fans. Why would Indy do this? They are the #7 seed but would give up Hield (18/5/3 assists) and Turner (18/8/2.3 blocks) for Pat Beverly and Nunn (5 PPG?) and a pick that neither the current GM or coach will be around to see?

16 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

the lakers took more than 13 seconds to get the ball past half court. i thought this was illegal?

It's 16 seconds left on the shot clock is when they call it. Shot clock starts when they touch the ball, game clock was still running, so they were trying to waste time with the lead. Lazy old Lakers lol...

40 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Shocked I tell you! 

Let him come back from this injury, see what kind of dominant streak he can put together again and then trade him to whatever contender is willing to give up at least two or three first rounders for him. There is zero reason to look at Davis as part of any future Lakers plan when he will just be Bill Waltoning his way through it. Giancarlo Stanton looks like Cal Ripken in comparison to AD.

Boston loses to Orlando in Boston on Friday...and then again this afternoon (shows you what a grind the NBA season is and how bad losses will happen to all teams, though Orlando has a bright future and Paolo and Franz are great building blocks.. @d2o ).

Bunch of Orlando players tweeting and retweeting this clip - 

Edited by Message Board User
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

Capture.PNG

2 James Harden posts in 2 days?  Did he break your brain or something?  He's doing pretty well since he came back a few games ago, 22/10/6 is a good line of averages. Philly is looking better since he came back, and they should be a top 5 seed in the East by the end of the season.  They will have a chance at going somewhere in the playoffs, but not a bad outlook after a rough start to the season.  

5 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

At $4B, he either wildly overpaid or Rob Walton got a great deal on the Broncos at $4B.  (Broncos are worth far more than the Suns.)

I think it's a big overpay for the Suns. Other NBA teams would be worth that much, but I don't see how Phoenix would be right now. I would imagine he's financing it with many other minority owners. 

He's a huge basketball guy, played as a walk-on for the Spartans NCAA team and was on the team in 2000 when they won the championship. I think that's pretty awesome to have a guy with D1 experience buying a team. Yeah he's probably and an asshole like every other billionaire, but at least he has some first hand knowledge of the game and how it's done.  I couldn't care less about the Phoenix Suns, but I think that's about as well as you could do for getting a new owner.   

• Like 1