NBA 2022-2023 Season Thread

Mitch Cumsteen

48 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

OKC should offer Houston a collection of good draft picks for Jabari Smith.  That actually works for both sides.

If they liked him that much, they would have just drafted him. And why the hell would Houston give up on a top 3 pick 40 games into his career, for a “collection of picks.” Nobody makes that trade for the off chance they get into the top three of the draft when they have a top three player in the draft already. I thought Smith was the best player in the draft. Of course Houston is going to screw him up because their organization is dogshit, but he’s got all the tools to be a real force in the league. 

Also when exactly did Lauri Markanan turn into Dominique Wilkins? He just posterized Zubac on the Clippers. Filthy. 

• Like 1

Paul George and The Nephew are both healthy now so they're both playing tonight, right?  Wrong.  The Nephew simply doesn't play on the second game of back to backs and they don't want to burn PG out.

After they lose tonight to Utah, they'll basically be tied with Okie City, who owns a pick swap with them in the draft.  The Thunder could conceivably make the playoffs and still get a lottery pick via the Clippers.

Meanwhile, Ballmer has spent billions on a new arena he needs to fill.

Lulz.

5 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Ask him. He’s never committed a foul in his life. The worlds most obvious charge and he had palms to the sky like no other.

Meanwhile you blink on him and it’s a foul…crickets from joker

The first part I'll grant you, but he gets beat up with no calls pretty regularly on the other end.

9 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

We’re more than halfway through the season and OKC is sitting at the 9 spot in the West…just a half game from the 6 seed.

And OKC has the easiest schedule remaining in the league per tankathon.

Very interesting times indeed for the Thunder.  Hopefully Chet and Dieng can become major pieces for them.

55 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

We’re more than halfway through the season and OKC is sitting at the 9 spot in the West…just a half game from the 6 seed.

And OKC has the easiest schedule remaining in the league per tankathon.

Very interesting times indeed for the Thunder.  Hopefully Chet and Dieng can become major pieces for them.

I'll be damned, you're right.  They have the easiest schedule in the West by a wide margin.  I knew their schedule was front loaded but I didn't realize it was to that extent.  The hardest remaining schedule is the Clippers.  Lulz.  It's hilarious that Okie City is tied with the Clippers.

I'm really surprised by this.  I thought that if the #2 pick was solid they'd make the play in and no one bought that.  Then that pick goes down but the other first round pick can play.  Williams can legit play 3-4 positions and is a three level scorer.  He shot up at the draft combine and now we know why.

They also really like Chet but the question will always be durability.  

If Chet was healthy, they’d be playing for home court in the first round.  I can’t fathom just waiving Isaiah Joe. Dude can shoot the lights out of it. I think a lot of the Thunders success is direct result of getting Chip Engalland from the Spurs as shooting coach. 

10 minutes ago, ocugolf said:

If Chet was healthy, they’d be playing for home court in the first round.  I can’t fathom just waiving Isaiah Joe. Dude can shoot the lights out of it. I think a lot of the Thunders success is direct result of getting Chip Engalland from the Spurs as shooting coach. 

Yeah, that's where they'll be next year assuming everyone is reasonably healthy and I agree on Chip.  Giddey's shooting has really improved, especially since December 1st.  

On Joe, I don't watch any Philly games but how in the hell was he waived?  He's easily a rotation guy on a title team.  He can sit on the bench for 30 minutes and come in and be instant offense and hit three straight 3's.  Pacers went zone on them last night and Joe was 7-12 from three.  

Shannon Sharpe is 54 years old and has CTE. He ain't doing shit. Yeah, basketball dudes don't like to fight, but neither do sane 54 year olds. He keep fucking with Steven Adams and he's going to understand the difference between yapping at Skip Bayless and yapping at a Dothraki.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

Adams isn't just massive, he's considered to be the strongest man in the nba by a huge margin. his peers say he's just a freak. guys get injured in practice just bumping into him. not somebody i would mess with.

Yeah, I've stood next to him.  Most NBA guys are both taller and skinnier than you think but not him.  He's tall and broad and looks strong as a fucking ox.  How was never an extra Dothraki on GOT is a mystery to me.  Would fit right in. 

3 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

They are. Brooks has always been a shits stain. Not sure who I’d root for in a brooks V sharpe fight

I’d just root for injuries.

But yeah Adams is about the last dude I’d want to fafo with. I think if you actually connected on a punch it would probably hurt your fist more than him.

Also Tee Morant has gotta be the most annoying look at me nba parent since… I dunno Ann Iverson? Dude needs to keep a much lower profile. Nobody cares but you that your kid is Ja. 

Edited by Mitch Cumsteen
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

But yeah Adams is about the last dude I’d want to fafo with. I think if you actually connected on a punch it would probably hurt your fist more than him.

Also Tee Morant has gotta be the most annoying look at me nba parent since… I dunno Ann Iverson? Dude needs to keep a much lower profile. Nobody cares but you that your kid is Ja. 

Nobody tops Lavar Ball in that category. So glad he disappeared.

2 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Serious question but does Tee Morant go to every game?  He was there when Ja got tossed in Okie City and then he's at the Laker game.  Is he following the team around flying commercial?