What the fuck is wrong with you, Houston? Non-CR thread

crash_davis

Benjamin Franklin: 'Guests, like fish, begin to smell after three days.' 

Mei Huang Wolfe: 'Guests, like fish, need to die after three days.'

https://www.ibtimes.sg/texas-judges-wife-allegedly-shoots-nephew-dead-overstaying-his-welcome-their-home-74168#google_vignette

The wife of a Texas judge has been charged with murder after allegedly fatally shooting her nephew.

Mei Huang Wolfe, the 48-year-old wife of Harris County Justice of the Peace Bob Wolfe, was arrested and charged with murder on April 5, Harris County Sheriff Ed Gonzalez shared on X (formerly Twitter).

The fatal shooting happened at the Wolfes' home on April 4 around 10 p.m., a spokesperson for the Harris County Sheriff's Office revealed to People.

Officers responded to the scene after Bob called 911 to alert authorities that his wife had shot his nephew during a dispute, police said. Medical personnel attempted to treat the nephew, identified by police as 40-year-old James Wolfe II, but he was pronounced dead at the scene.

Bob was home when the incident occurred, along with the nephew and Mei Huang's adult daughter, police confirmed to ABC affiliate KTRK-TV. According to the sheriff's office, the argument was part of "ongoing feud" between the nephew and Mei Huang while both of them lived in the house.

"The ongoing issues between the two concluded this evening after the suspect retrieved a weapon and pointed it at the complainant and fired one shot striking him in the upper torso," police told People in a statement. "Her husband had attempted to stop her and to get the gun away from her but was unsuccessful."

Shortly after James' death, Sheriff Ed Gonzalez used preliminary information to determine that the dispute had occurred because Mei Huang felt he had overstayed his welcome in her and Bob's home.

"It may have been a situation where the female homeowner felt that he wasn't welcome anymore and a disturbance broke out over that," the sheriff said, according to CBS affiliate KHOU.

• Haha 1

What a twist!

Murder charges have been filed against a man who police say was behind an elaborate scheme that turned deadly to obtain immigration documents, according to records.

William Winfrey, 30, is charged in connection to the death of his accomplice, Rasshauud Scott, after a staged robbery ended in gunfire, according to police.

In a surveillance video from the gas station, Scott is seen running up to a couple at a gas pump and seemingly robbing them of their belongings.

The suspect then tries to run before being fatally shot by a bystander from a red car who witnessed what police believed was a robbery.

Investigators said that the crime was put together for the alleged robbery victims to obtain U-visas. Officials said the visa would allow them to qualify for work permits as the case is being resolved.

That's because the visas are set aside for victims of certain crimes who have suffered, according to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services website.

Several text messages on Winfrey's phone revealed that he was involved in the planning process, along with the victims and Scott. It was also discovered that Winfrey and Scott staged other robberies last year that resulted in the alleged victims obtaining visas.

Staged NW Houston robbery: William Winfrey charged with murder in accomplice's death over made-up plot to obtain immigration visas - ABC13 Houston

23 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

What a twist!

Murder charges have been filed against a man who police say was behind an elaborate scheme that turned deadly to obtain immigration documents, according to records.

William Winfrey, 30, is charged in connection to the death of his accomplice, Rasshauud Scott, after a staged robbery ended in gunfire, according to police.

In a surveillance video from the gas station, Scott is seen running up to a couple at a gas pump and seemingly robbing them of their belongings.

The suspect then tries to run before being fatally shot by a bystander from a red car who witnessed what police believed was a robbery.

Investigators said that the crime was put together for the alleged robbery victims to obtain U-visas. Officials said the visa would allow them to qualify for work permits as the case is being resolved.

That's because the visas are set aside for victims of certain crimes who have suffered, according to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services website.

Several text messages on Winfrey's phone revealed that he was involved in the planning process, along with the victims and Scott. It was also discovered that Winfrey and Scott staged other robberies last year that resulted in the alleged victims obtaining visas.

Staged NW Houston robbery: William Winfrey charged with murder in accomplice's death over made-up plot to obtain immigration visas - ABC13 Houston

That is a wild story. Winfrey now will get the visa he wanted, except it will be for Huntsville-only and then he will get deported to wherever he is from.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ChickenSandwich said:

What a twist!

How in the world is that a justified shooting? Unarmed man shot in the back leaving a scene?

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Foosters said:

How in the world is that a justified shooting? Unarmed man shot in the back leaving a scene?

3 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

Under the penal code as written, shooting a fleeing felon from a robbery can be lawful.

recommendation: move this to the CR thread

33 minutes ago, Foosters said:

Yeah, that is actually a really sad story. Nothing the guy did deserved the death penalty. And I'm not necessarily saying the shooter/good Samaritan did anything wrong. But, were that I me, I sure as hell would have some guilt over it.  

On 4/10/2024 at 11:15 AM, crash_davis said:

Benjamin Franklin: 'Guests, like fish, begin to smell after three days.' 

Mei Huang Wolfe: 'Guests, like fish, need to die after three days.'

https://www.ibtimes.sg/texas-judges-wife-allegedly-shoots-nephew-dead-overstaying-his-welcome-their-home-74168#google_vignette

The wife of a Texas judge has been charged with murder after allegedly fatally shooting her nephew.

Mei Huang Wolfe, the 48-year-old wife of Harris County Justice of the Peace Bob Wolfe, was arrested and charged with murder on April 5, Harris County Sheriff Ed Gonzalez shared on X (formerly Twitter).

The fatal shooting happened at the Wolfes' home on April 4 around 10 p.m., a spokesperson for the Harris County Sheriff's Office revealed to People.

Officers responded to the scene after Bob called 911 to alert authorities that his wife had shot his nephew during a dispute, police said. Medical personnel attempted to treat the nephew, identified by police as 40-year-old James Wolfe II, but he was pronounced dead at the scene.

Bob was home when the incident occurred, along with the nephew and Mei Huang's adult daughter, police confirmed to ABC affiliate KTRK-TV. According to the sheriff's office, the argument was part of "ongoing feud" between the nephew and Mei Huang while both of them lived in the house.

"The ongoing issues between the two concluded this evening after the suspect retrieved a weapon and pointed it at the complainant and fired one shot striking him in the upper torso," police told People in a statement. "Her husband had attempted to stop her and to get the gun away from her but was unsuccessful."

Shortly after James' death, Sheriff Ed Gonzalez used preliminary information to determine that the dispute had occurred because Mei Huang felt he had overstayed his welcome in her and Bob's home.

"It may have been a situation where the female homeowner felt that he wasn't welcome anymore and a disturbance broke out over that," the sheriff said, according to CBS affiliate KHOU.

This lucky bastard got rid of his mooching house guest and crazy wife all in one night.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

So allegedly  enraged driver was denied CDL license and stole the semi and intentionally drove it into DPS office. That’ll show em! 

multiple injuries —14 —including one death. Jeez. Over a denial of a CDL. Cleonard Parker is the name of crazy driver dude. 

Edited by Nicole44

42 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Brenham isn’t that far from HTown but what the fuck happened here? Intentional as well. 

Some trucker got pissed off? Any of the help truckers know this trucker? 

Wow. I'm familiar with that area, and nothing that crazy happens very often there.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, BachelorTrek said:

That'll be a capital-murder rap, and he'll get a cell in Huntsville waiting his turn.

man shows DPS why he was denied a CDL by stealing a semi and intentionally crashing into a DPS office. I mean. It’s like workplace shooters who were fired. Let’s show everyone why the fuck you were fired in the first place assholes. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)

Here is the article about the incident in Brenham:

https://www.fox26houston.com/news/brenham-dps-office-crash-multiple-injuries-reported

I am particularly drawn to his prior record below. We keep denying the simple fact that there are people that don’t need to be free. Some people will never “get it” and this guy is one of those fucking people. 

Parker is facing multiple felony charges at this time and according to court records, he has previous criminal charges going back to 1999 including criminal trespass, arson, and prohibited weapons.

On what planet (outside of California) does this guy get a CDL? Now a person who worked at the DPS is dead. At least he won’t be out of jail for a long time now. But maybe if he gets out he can kill someone else? 

IMG_0238.webp

Edited by Nicole44

32 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Here is the article about the incident in Brenham:

https://www.fox26houston.com/news/brenham-dps-office-crash-multiple-injuries-reported

I am particularly drawn to his prior record below. We keep denying the simple fact that there are people that don’t need to be free. Some people will never “get it” and this guy is one of those fucking people. 

Parker is facing multiple felony charges at this time and according to court records, he has previous criminal charges going back to 1999 including criminal trespass, arson, and prohibited weapons.

On what planet (outside of California) does this guy get a CDL? Now a person who worked at the DPS is dead. At least he won’t be out of jail for a long time now. But maybe if he gets out he can kill someone else? 

IMG_0238.webp

Also this article from KWHI, one of the longtime local Brenham radio stations:

https://kwhi.com/2024/04/12/one-dead-several-hurt-after-18-wheeler-crashes-into-dps-office-suspect-in-custody/

• Hook 'Em 1

I was born in Brenham, grew up here and moved back 18 1/2 years ago.  I got my driver license at that building (did you know it's not a driver's license in Texas).  I'm plenty familiar with the building.  Most of the victims were probably customers because the workers there are all stationed towards the back part of it, and the waiting area is up front.  But the place where they take your picture is also up front, right about where the truck hit though.  Also, that press conference was set up in the parking lot of the Masonic Lodge across the freeway from the DPS office for anybody wondering.  I commute out of town for work at my job in the media everyday, and it was really weird to see us covering a national story in my backyard.  That exit is the one you take to go to Walmart, Lowes, Home Depot, HEB and a bunch of restaurants and other businesses.  I don't even wanna know how fucked up traffic was in that area today.  And for whoever said nothing weird happens here, you must not have been here long.  For a town this size, all sorts of weird stuff happens.  Hell, a little more than a year ago, Brenham was the fictional setting for a bit about Raisin' Cane's on Saturday Night Live.

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, Hairy Biped said:

I was born in Brenham, grew up here and moved back 18 1/2 years ago.  I got my driver license at that building (did you know it's not a driver's license in Texas).  I'm plenty familiar with the building.  Most of the victims were probably customers because the workers there are all stationed towards the back part of it, and the waiting area is up front.  But the place where they take your picture is also up front, right about where the truck hit though.  Also, that press conference was set up in the parking lot of the Masonic Lodge across the freeway from the DPS office for anybody wondering.  I commute out of town for work at my job in the media everyday, and it was really weird to see us covering a national story in my backyard.  That exit is the one you take to go to Walmart, Lowes, Home Depot, HEB and a bunch of restaurants and other businesses.  I don't even wanna know how fucked up traffic was in that area today.  And for whoever said nothing weird happens here, you must not have been here long.  For a town this size, all sorts of weird stuff happens.  Hell, a little more than a year ago, Brenham was the fictional setting for a bit about Raisin' Cane's on Saturday Night Live.

Says you, junior. 

My family and extended family have been coming from Brenham and the surrounding areas since before you were a glimmer.

The last 2 national stories (not cow-tipping criminal mischief type stories) that came out of the Brenham area was the Hurricane Rita fubar evacuation traffic complaints in 2005 and the gas pipeline/salt dome explosion in 1992.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, BachelorTrek said:

Says you, junior. 

My family and extended family have been coming from Brenham and the surrounding areas since before you were a glimmer.

The last 2 national stories (not cow-tipping criminal mischief type stories) that came out of the Brenham area was the Hurricane Rita fubar evacuation traffic complaints in 2005 and the gas pipeline/salt dome explosion in 1992.

Why do you assume I'm young?  I wish I was.  I was born in a hospital here that closed long, long ago.  If you've been here long enough, you know which one that is.  Even the building is long gone.  I remember those stories and so many more.  The teacher and her son that were kidnapped while leaving church and later murdered.  The pair of teen boys that were shot execution style by one of them's stepfather and his hitman at the old propane place that used to be out on 36 North for insurance money.  The stepson died, the other played dead and survived and helped get the murderers convicted.  The young lady that disappeared in the early 90s and was never seen again.  The nanny that murdered a baby and then fled to Mexico, never to be caught.  That was featured multiple times on America's Most Wanted.  The high school kids from very prominent families (the current mayor's being one of them) that raped a young girl in the shower at the country club and more or less got away with it.  That was featured on A Current Affair in the 90s and in Texas Monthly.  The nurse who grew up in Brenham who let her boyfriend beat her young daughter to death and did nothing about it.  That happened in Conroe, and was a huge story in Houston for a long time.  It's still brought up in the media every few years when she comes up for parole.  Her sister leads the charge to keep her in prison.  I actually dated her briefly way back when we were kids.  I feel dirty typing that knowing what she would later do.  What about the whorehouse out on 105 that was burned to the ground by the sheriff and local clergy because the madam wouldn't shut it down?  Ya, sure, nothing weird ever happens in Brenham.

Edited by Hairy Biped

Posted (edited)

I also remember that when I was in high school, what is now Ant Street Inn, was a dirty old Mexican brothel called El Papagayo or something like that.  Also, the famous Dixie Motel that's a favorite stay of modern visitors was a house of ill repute as well.

Edited by Hairy Biped

15 hours ago, Foosters said:

That's perfect. All Houston area press conferences should be held in front of that backdrop. Flat, Concrete, overgrown median, warehouse. All it's missing is the mosquitos.

And the sweaty armpits.

4 hours ago, Hairy Biped said:

Why do you assume I'm young?  I wish I was.  I was born in a hospital here that closed long, long ago.  If you've been here long enough, you know which one that is.  Even the building is long gone.  I remember those stories and so many more.  The teacher and her son that were kidnapped while leaving church and later murdered.  The pair of teen boys that were shot execution style by one of them's stepfather and his hitman at the old propane place that used to be out on 36 North for insurance money.  The stepson died, the other played dead and survived and helped get the murderers convicted.  The young lady that disappeared in the early 90s and was never seen again.  The nanny that murdered a baby and then fled to Mexico, never to be caught.  That was featured multiple times on America's Most Wanted.  The high school kids from very prominent families (the current mayor's being one of them) that raped a young girl in the shower at the country club and more or less got away with it.  That was featured on A Current Affair in the 90s and in Texas Monthly.  The nurse who grew up in Brenham who let her boyfriend beat her young daughter to death and did nothing about it.  That happened in Conroe, and was a huge story in Houston for a long time.  It's still brought up in the media every few years when she comes up for parole.  Her sister leads the charge to keep her in prison.  I actually dated her briefly way back when we were kids.  I feel dirty typing that knowing what she would later do.  What about the whorehouse out on 105 that was burned to the ground by the sheriff and local clergy because the madam wouldn't shut it down?  Ya, sure, nothing weird ever happens in Brenham.

You forgot the Blue Bell listeria scandal.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 4/11/2024 at 5:36 PM, LCHorn said:

Obviously hard to tell distance from the footage but hitting a moving target with a pistol isn’t a piece of cake.  

Hit him in the head too. Excellent marksmanship. Reminds me of the guy in the church a few years back. 

8 hours ago, Armybrat said:

You forgot the Blue Bell listeria scandal.

See above Paul Kruse.

Better half and I were in HEB across the highway. When we were leaving, we saw life flight (1) and three ambulances at local hospital. Turned on radio to kwhi and heard special report before leaving the parking lot.

Need speedy trial....

• Hook 'Em 2