2018 College World Series

sidis

That's awesome.  I think everyone on this board is a Beaver fan...

Not me, and here’s why.  I’ll preface this by saying to anyone who doesn’t know me, that I played baseball in the SEC. I really wanted a State win, because even though we were better than them, they brought the fuck you fight-back pain, and dropped it down on their opponents when it counted most. My alma mater shit the bed, giving Texas their own Super. State’s gone, so it’s pig vs beaver. I fucking hate Arkansas, it’s been bred into my soul. But I love baseball. Because of what it is, and what it did to me when I found it at age five.

There’s an awesome metaphor, that compares baseball to life, and it’s been labeled a cliche lately.

I played most sports, football being my favorite, but baseball being what I was best at. It’s an “individual” team sport (if that makes sense).

I don’t know if anyone noticed, but that India piece of shit was in the dugout checking his cellphone while his team was down to FAU. The majority of his team were cheering on their teammates at the plate, but not him. That immediately caused me to hate Florida, solely due to a piece of shit who couldn’t get up for his teammates, but was too concerned for himself.

I loved it when Tech beat them, hated watching them beat Texas, but last night, when pig kicked their asses, I was happy. Because, fuck Florida, and their coach for letting that go on in his dugout.

I’m going to cheer for pig (gulp), because they’ve never been there before. My in state rival, just lost to Oregon State tonight, and I was cheering for them. I love the sport of baseball. I like underdogs, probably because I was one, 95% of the time. I got lucky to have guys around me that could do the job when I couldn’t, but knew I’d die trying to do the job when they couldn’t as well.

This will be the only time I probably ever cheer for pig, but they deserve theirs.

TL/dr:

Cheering for piggy because they beat Florida who had a fucktard entitled player on their team. And that bugs me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, Homesickhorn said:

Not me, and here’s why.  I’ll preface this by saying to anyone who doesn’t know me, that I played baseball in the SEC. I really wanted a State win, because even though we were better than them, they brought the fuck you fight-back pain, and dropped it down on their opponents when it counted most. My alma mater shit the bed, giving Texas their own Super. State’s gone, so it’s pig vs beaver. I fucking hate Arkansas, it’s been bred into my soul. But I love baseball. Because of what it is, and what it did to me when I found it at age five.

There’s an awesome metaphor, that compares baseball to life, and it’s been labeled a cliche lately.

I played most sports, football being my favorite, but baseball being what I was best at. It’s an “individual” team sport (if that makes sense).

I don’t know if anyone noticed, but that India piece of shit was in the dugout checking his cellphone while his team was down to FAU. The majority of his team were cheering on their teammates at the plate, but not him. That immediately caused me to hate Florida, solely due to a piece of shit who couldn’t get up for his teammates, but was too concerned for himself.

I loved it when Tech beat them, hated watching them beat Texas, but last night, when pig kicked their asses, I was happy. Because, fuck Florida, and their coach for letting that go on in his dugout.

I’m going to cheer for pig (gulp), because they’ve never been there before. My in state rival, just lost to Oregon State tonight, and I was cheering for them. I love the sport of baseball. I like underdogs, probably because I was one, 95% of the time. I got lucky to have guys around me that could do the job when I couldn’t, but knew I’d die trying to do the job when they couldn’t as well.

This will be the only time I probably ever cheer for pig, but they deserve theirs.

TL/dr:

Cheering for piggy because they beat Florida who had a fucktard entitled player on their team. And that bugs me.

I like you, man, but you can go fuck yourself on this one. Give me OSU without caveat. 

• Like 6
  • Fuck You 1

6 hours ago, Homesickhorn said:

TL/dr:

Umm, State did win. Fucking stupid SEC homerism....get the fuck out of here with that shit

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

Umm, State did win. Fucking stupid SEC homerism....get the fuck out of here with that shit

You obviously didn’t pay attention to word fucking one of what I said. State fought a hell of a battle, but they’re gone dude. And calling me an SEC homer is just downright stupid. I thought I did a decent job of explaining how I felt about the way all of this shit laid about. I’m no fan of the SEC, so you can kindly get the fuck out of here with that shit as well.
There...now we can be friends again.

2 minutes ago, Homesickhorn said:

You obviously didn’t pay attention to word fucking one of what I said. State fought a hell of a battle, but they’re gone dude. And calling me an SEC homer is just downright stupid. I thought I did a decent job of explaining how I felt about the way all of this shit laid about. I’m no fan of the SEC, so you can kindly get the fuck out of here with that shit as well.
There...now we can be friends again.

State won

• Like 1

talking about aggy?

Who cares?  For 12 years this board and the now-full-of-shit-literally-board is/has been peppered with people who insist that aggy is nothing, not worth talking about, and a pesky lil' convention of idiots (which is all true), then spends 800 page threads talking about aggy.

It's the way dey roll here.  Ignore it.

Edited by phdhorn

9 hours ago, Homesickhorn said:

TL/dr:

Now, give us one good reason to pull for Arkansas. 

1 hour ago, spystud13 said:

Exactly, people swear they don’t care about Aggy, but all they can talk about is Aggy. It’s fucking embarrassing. 

It’s hard to resist talking about a nation that is irrelevant yet insists to the extent of fabrication that they are the most relevant of all nations. 

• Like 2

Now, give us one good reason to pull for Arkansas. 

It’s like I said in my tldr. They beat Florida, whom I’ve never really hated until I saw that dipshit on his phone in the dugout checking his draft status. Same dipshit that hit the 3 run moon shot against Texas. Please understand that my hatred for pig runs deep, always has, always will. But the OSU thing is getting old in Omaha. Even though I called them wining the whole thing, I just wanna see some new blood. I was really hoping Mississippi State would pull it off. Nothing to do with the SEC, everything to do with baseball.

26 minutes ago, Homesickhorn said:

It’s like I said in my tldr. They beat Florida, whom I’ve never really hated until I saw that dipshit on his phone in the dugout checking his draft status. Same dipshit that hit the 3 run moon shot against Texas. Please understand that my hatred for pig runs deep, always has, always will. But the OSU thing is getting old in Omaha. Even though I called them wining the whole thing, I just wanna see some new blood. I was really hoping Mississippi State would pull it off. Nothing to do with the SEC, everything to do with baseball.

OSU has less appearances in Omaha than either MSU and Arkansas 

Fuck Arkansas.  Fuck the SEC.  

But yeah, why again didn't Oregon State kick the pedophile off the team ? Please tell me he's not receiving even a partial scholarship.  

At least Arkansas fans don't molest kids.  Unless they're related of course, then it's just a fun Thanksgiving tradition.  

Arkansas is the favorite I am guessing?  More rest, one less game played.  Did Oregon State use up their closer for game 1?  If Arky pitcher is on, I would imagine they have advantage. 

Good question. I had Oregon State winning the whole shabang before anyone threw an angry pitch in Omaha. McNelly and I actually talked about it during the Austin Regional, and he was thinking if anyone could knock them off, it was Tech. Regardless of who’s favored, it’s gonna be fun to watch because both teams are legit in every facet of the game.

4 hours ago, Homesickhorn said:

Yeah, I can see why YOU would root for the pigs.  But that's gonna be a hard sell here on a Texas board.  It's pretty impossible for you to give Texas fans a reason to root for pigU.

9 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

Both teams are "state", so what the fuck are you talking about?

He went to Ole Miss, so to him "State" would logically be Miss State.  I can certainly understand the confusion though, if you don't know that homesick went to Ole Miss.

But man, a Rebel fan rooting for MSU still seems weird.  Those rivalries in the SEC are pretty wimpy, I guess. ;)

1 hour ago, Homesickhorn said:

Good question. I had Oregon State winning the whole shabang before anyone threw an angry pitch in Omaha. McNelly and I actually talked about it during the Austin Regional, and he was thinking if anyone could knock them off, it was Tech. Regardless of who’s favored, it’s gonna be fun to watch because both teams are legit in every facet of the game.

Arky is set up perfectly, throwing their 13-0 starter who beat us in game one, and they are well, well rested, if not too rested....don't think they have had to sweat yet...probably bored to death sitting around playing with their cornhole bags, so they have absolutely no excuse for not being "in position" to win...advantage piggy....while Oregon St is the #3 national seed (behind #1 Florida), and has played 5 games vs 3 for piggy:

NC   Lost    8-6, Wash  Won 14-5, NC  Won  11-6, Miss St  Won  12-2,  and Miss St.  5-2

so, piggy has had plenty of rest time to think about losing to OSU.