2018 College World Series

sidis

9 hours ago, phdhorn said:

Arkansas is definitely the most complete team this year, but OSU is scary in their ability to break a game open.  OSU-Ark is what I'm hoping for.  

And like always I want the beaver!  Toothy though it may be.

17 minutes ago, Loco said:

And like always I want the beaver!  Toothy though it may be.

As always, I want to see a South Carolina - Oregon State series, where South Carolina wins big and the newspaper headline reads, "Cocks pound Beavers."

Edited by utee94
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, utee94 said:

As always, I want to see a South Carolina - Oregon State series, where South Carolina wins big and the newspaper headline reads, "Cocks pound Beavers."

More like "Beavers Sweep Cocks, Still Undefeated."

Edited by phdhorn

3 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Or Texas.  He looked worn out against Tech, too.

I thought the same.   The question always arises on how much the draft effects a player's performance and mental concentration.   Van Horn noted in a pregame interview that Singer did not appear to have his normal command and sharp breaking ball against Tech. 

Checking Florida's stats,  Singer  threw 108 innings  prior to last night.   About average for a Friday night guy (Kingham/100, Knight/Ark/106)

Forgot to mention in earlier post,   Tech had a great season considering they lost their ace Gingery to tj surgery before the season.   Very few teams could overcome that loss and advance to the final 6 of the CWS.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, torre said:

I thought the same.   The question always arises on how much the draft effects a player's performance and mental concentration.   Van Horn noted in a pregame interview that Singer did not appear to have his normal command and sharp breaking ball against Tech. 

Checking Florida's stats,  Singer  threw 108 innings  prior to last night.   About average for a Friday night guy (Kingham/100, Knight/Ark/106)

Forgot to mention in earlier post,   Tech had a great season considering they lost their ace Gingery to tj surgery before the season.   Very few teams could overcome that loss and advance to the final 6 of the CWS.

Yessir, Gingery might have changed everything for Tech.  Great season.

I really thought Singer looked kind of physically whipped.  Seemed like he was more or less dialed in, just not able to execute, and frustrated by it.

I hope Oregon State University wins the College World Series.  That 1-5 in the lineup is as good as anybody else in the country.  And they know how to draw walks.  Just hope the pitching staff gets the rest they need for Arkansas.  Maybe some more rain will push things back a bit and give them a bit of extra rest.  Long way to go until this thing is wrapped up tonight, but Abel is dealing and pitch count looks good at this point.