2018 College World Series

sidis

13 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I realize that.  Baseball isn't revenue generating pretty much anywhere.  And I'll even grant you that most are student athletes paying most of their way.  

But the schools they attend aren't proper colleges.  They're glorified community colleges.  Most schools in the NCAA tourney in baseball aren't fucking universities.  Only in name.  

I get that this is a Texas board.  I'm a two time graduate of the University.  I grant that Tech and Arkansas and others may not be quite the University that Texas is.

But this take is over the top and overly insulting.  There are perfectly good perfectly intelligent people graduating from Tech and Arkansas with perfectly good educations every semester.  And there are abject morons graduating from Texas with substandard educations every semester.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 9

Whatever floats your boat, lobo. But I don't give two shits about the academic prowess of the remaining schools. 

Tech is full of hot chicks, and Tadlock is a hell of a coach and seems like a genuinely good dude. So GO RAIDERS! 

And if they don't win it, I'm rooting for MSU for the purely superfluous reason that my stupid bulldog looks like MSUdawg's avatar. 

• Like 1

Tech making the most of the delay.  Tech pitcher Dylan Dusek taking time to hang out with a kiddo with leukemia. But I am not sure if it means anything to that kid since Tech is a just a community college.  

DgJm0MIV4AM2-Ii.jpg

Edited by Moby Ric
  • Like 5

10 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I get that this is a Texas board.  I'm a two time graduate of the University.  I grant that Tech and Arkansas and others may not be quite the University that Texas is.

But this take is over the top and overly insulting.  There are perfectly good perfectly intelligent people graduating from Tech and Arkansas with perfectly good educations every semester.  And there are abject morons graduating from Texas with substandard educations every semester.

Absolutely true.  But as a macro, aggregate populace---Arkansas, Texas Tech, and several others at the CWS are garbage universities.  They aren't real schools.  They churn out many bright people.  And Texas turns out many idiots.  But I'm not going to sit here and pretend that several participants in Omaha are real colleges.  That's all.  Was merely justifying why UNC and Oregon State were my picks to win it all.  That's all.  Are we gonna put on a straight face and say Tennessee Tech is a real college?  

I guess I missed the part where in I directly insulted West POint, Stanford, DUke, Vandy, et. al.  I said most schools. not all.  We should start with vocab.

Edited by Lobo

6 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Absolutely true.  But as a macro, aggregate populace---Arkansas, Texas Tech, and several others at the CWS are garbage universities.  They aren't real schools.  They churn out many bright people.  And Texas turns out many idiots.  But I'm not going to sit here and pretend that several participants in Omaha are real colleges.  That's all.  Was merely justifying why UNC and Oregon State were my picks to win it all.  That's all.  Are we gonna put on a straight face and say Tennessee Tech is a real college?  

I guess I object to the term "real college."  Trump University is not a real college.  Texas Tech University, The University of Arkansas, and yes Tennessee Tech are all real colleges.  Perhaps not elite, but very real and serving a student population and doing it pretty well.

Do you go around telling your Tech graduate coworkers that they didn't go to a "real college" or went to a "garbage university."?

Maybe what you should say is "I am rooting for UNC-Chapel Hill because it is an elite university."

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 3

Every fucking day I remind them.  

Tacitly, or otherwise, there was a string within the thread talking about who to cheer for.  I picked real colleges.  I offended people.  We can move on.  Never underestimate the sensitivity of "everybody gets a trophy/diploma" groups

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Tacitly, or otherwise, there was a string within the thread talking about who to cheer for.  I picked real colleges.  I offended people.  We can move on.  Never underestimate the sensitivity of "everybody gets a trophy/diploma" groups

No offense, but you sound like kind of a dick.👹👹

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Skipper said:

Came here checking for a start time.  Nobody cares about your opinion on the academics of remaining teams.   JFC. 

Start time - sometime in July. Will finish this CWS by Labor Day, maybe.

54 minutes ago, Lobo said:

But the schools they attend aren't proper colleges.  They're glorified community colleges.  Most schools in the NCAA tourney in baseball aren't fucking universities.  Only in name.  

You're a crawdadding tool. Fuck off with your superiority complex.  

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

I realize that.  Baseball isn't revenue generating pretty much anywhere.  And I'll even grant you that most are student athletes paying most of their way.  

The irony here is awesome.  A whole lotta stupid in this post.

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

If I'm honest, I probably won't watch anymore CWS this month.  I'm a loyal and passionate college baseball fan, but just too much World Cup and summer fun to be had this coming week to waste it on watching Omaha 

Lobo, you ignorant slut, get back in the kitchen and make us some Freedom Fries.

• Like 2

So question to the crowd.. if you are Mississippi State. With a coach who has dramatically over achieved this year and is now tied for the 3rd best finish in MSU baseball... and still alive for at least two more games.  

And now, it's circulating Schloss is in Omaha campaigning for the job, supposedly he pulled his name out because John said he wasn't ready to hire anyone until the season was over...

Schloss has finished 3rd at the CWS 4 of his 5 times. That's impressive. 

I'm not sure if I believe it. But It would be hard to say no that resume. 

44 minutes ago, pigmeat markham said:

My favorite part of Lobo's diatribe is his use of the term "proper college".   Sounds like something that came directly from a puritanical,  old maid society matron as she reminisces about her long gone younger days.

Sounds as though one could receive a proper rogering at such a proper college.

Do we have a channel?  Im not seeing it anywhere, including dontwatchespn.

Looks like the Deuce.  Just showed up.

Edited by TwiceHorn

11 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

What a weird diatribe by Lobo. Another major thing it misses, pardon the pun, is that so-called good universities frequently have some trash programs and so-called "improper colleges" frequently have some excellent programs.

What Lobo's thread is missing is a bunch of shut the fuck up. 

18 minutes ago, Moby Ric said:

Tech pitcher is not looking so hot.  Ark just went yard.  3 - 0 now.

Tech's pitching never was particularly a strength.  I sense that they, like Texas, have somewhat deviated from their mean to get as far as they have, but they have always had better hitting than we have.

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

I guess I missed the part where in I directly insulted West POint, Stanford, DUke, Vandy, et. al.  I said most schools. not all.  We should start with vocab.

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

Tech's pitching never was particularly a strength.  I sense that they, like Texas, have somewhat deviated from their mean to get as far as they have, but they have always had better hitting than we have.

Well the Tech pitcher has settled in.  He has 5K's in 3 innings right now.  2 of Ark runs were off a a collision in the outfield.

4 minutes ago, Moby Ric said:

Wow.  Nevermind on Tech pitcher getting settled.  Ark just went yard again.  4-0 pigs.

we should just quit now, right motherfucker?

Gotdam it was one pitch away from ending the AB.  STFU...

Edited by slorch

You seem to be very easily offended

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk