2018 College World Series

sidis

announcers are losing their fucking minds.  No way that was remotely close to obstruction.  McMillon was way inside the baseline and the runner wanted even more inside the plate.

the defender has a right to make a play too.

Also, giggle giggle at how hard they are second guessing two of the best coaches in all of college baseball.  Just work the booth motherfuckers.

Edited by slorch

10 minutes ago, Tony Soprano said:

That first inning really hurt the Red Raiders. Please not another SEC winner in Omaha.

It pains me to say this, but the SEC is the best baseball conference the last few years, and it ain't even close.
Overhyped in football, every bit the deserving best conference in baseball.

i can live with that, and in all honesty, the announcers haven't overdone that bit.

i just don't need aggy and every other hanger-on telling me how fucking great the SEC is.  LSU is legit blue blood.  Fla is reigning national champ.  Arkie is for real.  When you're great, it speaks for itself.

There are other quality programs in the country too.

Edited by slorch

57 minutes ago, slorch said:

i can live with that, and in all honesty, the announcers haven't overdone that bit.

i just don't need aggy and every other hanger-on telling me how fucking great the SEC is.  LSU is legit blue blood.  Fla is reigning national champ.  Arkie is for real.  When you're great, it speaks for itself.

There are other quality programs in the country too.

I'm still hoping against hope for you guys to come out of this side of the bracket. Gonna be a tough road, but it's possible

2 hours ago, phdhorn said:

It pains me to say this, but the SEC is the best baseball conference the last few years, and it ain't even close.
Overhyped in football, every bit the deserving best conference in baseball.

Yeah - the SEC knob jobbing is tiresome. But if you look at the last 10 years, and the teams in the CWS Championship Finals, you have this teams-by-Conference stat:

SEC:         11

PAC-10 :   4

ACC:         2

Big-12:      1

Cal State Fullerton and Coastal Carolina round it out. 

You have two years with both brackets won by SEC playing each other.  

You have depth, as Georgia, Miss State, Vanderbilt, S. Carolina and Florida were in the finals.

So hate on the idiots pushing SEC superiority in college baseball all you want,  it has at least some validity in the end.

Advantage Aggy, they having been in the Finals 8 of the last 10 years...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gatorubet said:

You have depth, as Georgia, Miss State, Vanderbilt, S. Carolina and Florida were in the finals.

So hate on the idiots pushing SEC superiority in college baseball all you want,  it has at least some validity in the end.

Advantage Aggy, they having been in the Finals 8 of the last 10 years...

Hey if they want to suck off Georgia, Miss State, Vanderbilt, LSU, South Carolina, and Florida I get it. Those teams have greatness in their recent past. What I don't like is sucking off other schools that are not them just because they happen to be in the same league. Arkansas did not play in any of those finals...I mean they probably will this year but still.

Wait have no Big 12 schools played in the championship series since Texas did in 2009?

Edit: Huh...no kidding. I guess if Texas doesn't do it nobody does. I hope Tech breaks that streak this year.

Edited by Valmy77

51 minutes ago, Droopy said:

ouch. Ball Ball Ball Ball Ball Ball Ball Ball Ball Ball Ball Ball Ball Ball Ball...

That pitcher is sooooo happy the Beavers massacred the next guy in the 9th, to get the monkey off his 8th inning ball-after-ball-after-ball run walking in ass.

1 hour ago, Valmy77 said:

Hey if they want to suck off Georgia, Miss State, Vanderbilt, LSU, South Carolina, and Florida I get it.

I was explaining why the Talking Heads love the SEC Conference in Omaha.   The SEC has flat dominated it.   Gata may not get by Tech.  We have won 6 of 6 elimination games in the last two years of Regional. Super Regional and CWS play, and are due to be bounced.

Edited by Gatorubet

6 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

I'd rather play you than OSU.  You assholes will win with a walk-off anyway.  Y'all have a weird karma right now.

Yeah, that anal banana probe joujou has really loosened up their bats.

Doesn't matter, I think the Gata don't have enough arms to get by a hot Arky team.  It just seems like the team has been sleepwalking and just doing enough to get by... those extra arms spent are going to seal their fate, unless Dyson returns to early season form.

Edited by Loco

1 minute ago, Loco said:

Don't know, but what I wouldn't give to hear Brockmire call the game

I agree, you know he'd have a bit about spending a week one night in Lubbock with Craig James, "And folks, I'm Jim Brockmire and I'm here to tell you...that even a man like me has limits.  Craig truly crossed the rubicon one night off the strip and let's just say, even the broadcaster code couldn't keep me from turning state's evidence.  There's a breaking ball just outside, and he's quickly behind 1-2."