2018 College World Series

sidis

23 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Let's go Oregon St.  Can't pull for any of the sec teams....for some reason.

Meh, I don't really care about conference affiliation. Oregon State has a pedophile on their team. 

I'll root against Arkansas just because their fans suck, but I don't really care if Florida or Miss State win it all. 

aggys can talk shit all they want about "SEC SEC SEC" but it doesn't really mean shit other than the fact they are pathetic and sad.

Edited by texasstrong12

Also gives him a shot to play in the Champ series if by some miracle the gata gets there.  I like it, but game 2 against piggy (if it happens) is going to be a pitching shit show (god I hope the wind is blowing in).

8 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

Oregon State has a pedophile on their team. 

This is why I hate sex offender registries.  No one on this board is qualified to determine whether Luke Heimlich is a pedophile or is actually dangerous.  Even if any one or more of us had the training to evaluate his psyche, we don't have sufficient facts.  Nor do we have sufficient facts to evaluate whatever crime he committed.

Sex offender registries are not based on any risk evaluation (some of them, like Texas', include a risk evaluation in the registry entry), but are simply based on having received a conviction for certain types of offense.  That's low-level, inhumane thinking, right there.

But thanks to Washington state laws, we can all speculate like motherfuckers and this young man's life is absolutely ruined for something he did when he was 15 years old.  Allegedly. 

We do know that Heimlich himself was quite young (15) when he did whatever he did, which militates against pedophilia, which is an actual psychiatric condition and if he actually has it, he might actually be considered dangerous or likely to do it again.  Even if he did get his freak on with a six year old (he was accused of "inappropriate touching," which probably doesn't include fucking, but again we don't know), we don't know whether he is a "pedophile."  Furthermore, we should all know that the criminal justice system frequently induces pleas when guilt is dubious.  And, apparently, Oregon does not require juveniles to register, but Washington does, which made this whole thing blow up (I may have the states reversed), so he may have taken a plea to avoid a mess with what were thought to be minimal consequences, as a juvenile offender.

The reason it doesn't get that much attention is that people who have considered it for very long** are very uneasy with continuing to label the kid SEX OFFENDER.  As far as we know, he's been perfectly normal for seven years and hasn't committed any further crimes, while no doubt receiving an extra measure of scrutiny from authorities.  Most criminals, of any stripe, who do this are deserving of a break in my mind.

**I imagine the sports journalists and their publications have decided that they report sports and therefore aren't qualified to and have not a lot of business commenting on highly controversial social and criminal justice issues, particularly when those adversely affect a terrific athlete.  The cat has been let out of the bag, there's no further need to go Baylor on said cat.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 2

Tech just had too many chances to blow it open and did not deliver.  I can't count how many times they left runners stranded.  But I have a feeling Tech will eventually get it together and win it all in the next few years.  Shocking I know.  But they have a lot of young talent there.

Right now since its all just a bunch of commuter schools left (lobo) I am hoping for OSU to pull it off.  Anyone but the sec sec sec.  Fuck the sec.

46 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

This is why I hate sex offender registries.  No one on this board is qualified to determine whether Luke Heimlich is a pedophile or is actually dangerous.  Even if any one or more of us had the training to evaluate his psyche, we don't have sufficient facts.  Nor do we have sufficient facts to evaluate whatever crime he committed.

Sex offender registries are not based on any risk evaluation (some of them, like Texas', include a risk evaluation in the registry entry), but are simply based on having received a conviction for certain types of offense.  That's low-level, inhumane thinking, right there.

But thanks to Washington state laws, we can all speculate like motherfuckers and this young man's life is absolutely ruined for something he did when he was 15 years old.  Allegedly. 

We do know that Heimlich himself was quite young (15) when he did whatever he did, which militates against pedophilia, which is an actual psychiatric condition and if he actually has it, he might actually be considered dangerous or likely to do it again.  Even if he did get his freak on with a six year old (he was accused of "inappropriate touching," which probably doesn't include fucking, but again we don't know), we don't know whether he is a "pedophile."  Furthermore, we should all know that the criminal justice system frequently induces pleas when guilt is dubious.  And, apparently, Oregon does not require juveniles to register, but Washington does, which made this whole thing blow up (I may have the states reversed), so he may have taken a plea to avoid a mess with what were thought to be minimal consequences, as a juvenile offender.

The reason it doesn't get that much attention is that people who have considered it for very long** are very uneasy with continuing to label the kid SEX OFFENDER.  As far as we know, he's been perfectly normal for seven years and hasn't committed any further crimes, while no doubt receiving an extra measure of scrutiny from authorities.  Most criminals, of any stripe, who do this are deserving of a break in my mind.

**I imagine the sports journalists and their publications have decided that they report sports and therefore aren't qualified to and have not a lot of business commenting on highly controversial social and criminal justice issues, particularly when those adversely affect a terrific athlete.  The cat has been let out of the bag, there's no further need to go Baylor on said cat.

Good points.

On 6/12/2018 at 11:05 PM, DeadArmadillo said:

Tech and Arkansas are on the same side of the bracket.  You can't run from good teams in Omaha.  And you can't hide in the locker room and whine that it's too damp to play.

This definitely turned out to be true, didn't it? 

Scared. To. Death.

Edited by Don Johnson

5 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Can the sucking of Tech dick on this board finally stop?  You should be ashamed of yourselves.

2 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

Wanting them to win a few games is hardly dick sucking. Chill.

I believe the correct parlance for that is "just the tip."

The house is now falling on MSU.  They will probably lose this one by 10.
Might as well look forward to the next game, don't try to save this one, save your resources, you're gonna need it.

OSU has as big-bashing a lineup as I've seen since the Electric Aluminum 90's.

Edited by phdhorn