2018 College World Series

sidis

32 minutes ago, utee94 said:

He went to Ole Miss, so to him "State" would logically be Miss State.  I can certainly understand the confusion though, if you don't know that homesick went to Ole Miss.

But man, a Rebel fan rooting for MSU still seems weird.  Those rivalries in the SEC are pretty wimpy, I guess. ;)

It's just a stupid SEC thing. I have a friend who is an Auburn grad, and she is always saying "state" this "state" that. I always say, "who the fuck are you talking about? There are at least a dozen schools with state in their name I can think of off the top of my head." I always know what she means, it's just annoying. SEC people just live in their own little world. 

Surprised no one pointed out that Ryan Rolison was checking his phone in the dugout while Ole Miss was getting beat by Tennessee Tech in the regionals, too. The MLB draft needs to be moved back a day so the 1st and 2nd rounds start on Tuesday and none of the rounds interfere with regional championships or the beginning on super regionals.

• Like 1

It's just a stupid SEC thing. I have a friend who is an Auburn grad, and she is always saying "state" this "state" that. I always say, "who the fuck are you talking about? There are at least a dozen schools with state in their name I can think of off the top of my head." I always know what she means, it's just annoying. SEC people just live in their own little world. 
The teen movies from the 80s, girlfriend is going western, but Johnny has a scholarship to state.

1 hour ago, immortal13 said:

I don't see it as an SEC thing.  It's pretty common in many states that have a University of ______ and a ______ State University.  I've certainly heard people in Michigan  refer to the Spartans as "State" before, for example.  It's really just an old school college rah-rah type of thing.

The state of Texas is somewhat different, in that we've never had that dymanic.  Texas and Texas A&M were the two highest profile state universities, we didn't have a "Texas State" until recently and even then, the Bobcats certainly aren't in the upper tier of awareness for universities within the state of Texas.

I guess, in short, "Lighten up, Francis." 

• Like 1

Both teams are "state", so what the fuck are you talking about?

If you look at my response to your question the first time you asked it, I answered it. I could give a flying fuck about the SEC. I cheered for MIssissippi State because I liked the way they rallied throughout the year. I follow the game, and trust me, my hatred for Arkansas, Florida, and any other SEC school other than my alma mater run very, very deep, and are warranted, beyond anything you could possibly imagine. Trust me on that, and spew your SEC shit in a different direction, because if you think I give fuck-one about my conference, then you’re just a fucking idiot.

0061b98b6a04bf1686b8e712af2094c5.gif

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Lobo said:

Fuck Arkansas.  Fuck the SEC.  

But yeah, why again didn't Oregon State kick the pedophile off the team ? Please tell me he's not receiving even a partial scholarship.  

At least Arkansas fans don't molest kids.  Unless they're related of course, then it's just a fun Thanksgiving tradition.  

Cause it happened way before he was playing for OSU? 

I would rather both teams lost. While Texas is clawing its way back I hope that none of the traditional powers add to their championship total, and another one would put OSU among those traditional powers. But Arkansas sucks.

So...well...either way it sucks.

5 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I would rather both teams lost. While Texas is clawing its way back I hope that none of the traditional powers add to their championship total, and another one would put OSU among those traditional powers. But Arkansas sucks.

So...well...either way it sucks.

I tend to root Arky because of fambly and because they've never won it before.  But the point about OSU adding to their win total is completely valid.

Therefore, wooo pig, sooie.

Well shit... It went a lot further than anyone on this earth but our players and coaches expected. It was a gut punch to lose to OSU. but that lineup is damn talented and we almost came back in the end again.. Just wasn't in the cards for us. But that's a team and season I won't ever forget.  It's tied for our 2nd best appearance in the CWS with the 1985 team.  I know Yall will yawn, but 2 trips this decade to the cws. 1 to the finals, 1 to the semi-finals, 3 straight years of making the super regional's and now we have the great majority of this team coming back. 

Now the great unknown. 

The new head coach that will be named is Indiana's Chris Lemonis.  Who is 137–87–2 in 4 years, Has never made the CWS or Super regionals, Never won a conference title or tournament. His claim to fame is he helped McDonnell take Louisville to the CSW 3 times in 8 years.  

Our hitting coach Jake Gautreau will stay on though. Unknown who the pitching coach will be...

if we hire an excellent pitching coach, we can possibly make another run to Omaha based on the talent returning.

Oh. and Go Oregon State. screw van horn and the hogs.  

Edited by msudawg
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, msudawg said:

But...but...SEC SEC SEC

Anyway no that record in Omaha would be great but man...losing in the Finals is so excruciating. 1989, 2004, and 2009 really really hurt even all this time later.

1 hour ago, msudawg said:

Now the great unknown. 

The new head coach that will be named is Indiana's Chris Lemonis.  Who is 137–87–2 in 4 years, Has never made the CWS or Super regionals, Never won a conference title or tournament. His claim to fame is he helped McDonnell take Louisville to the CSW 3 times in 8 years.  

Our hitting coach Jake Gautreau will stay on though. Unknown who the pitching coach will be...

if we hire an excellent pitching coach, we can possibly make another run to Omaha based on the talent returning.

😊   You once said it was just a matter of Schlossnagle getting on the plane.   😊   j/k,  Respect your comments !

Why not Gary Henderson ?   Magnificient job from an outsider's view.   Any idea how the player's feel  ?

Need to watch rooting for Oregon St,  you may get removed from the SEC Frat.    :)

1 hour ago, Valmy77 said:

But...but...SEC SEC SEC

Anyway no that record in Omaha would be great but man...losing in the Finals is so excruciating. 1989, 2004, and 2009 really really hurt even all this time later.

but but but maybe we arent all the the SEC Homers you think we are... We don't earn a damn thing more than conference pride for Ark winning. And I just don't care for them myself. 

4 minutes ago, torre said:

😊   You once said it was just a matter of Schlossnagle getting on the plane.   😊   j/k,  Respect your comments !

Why not Gary Henderson ?   Magnificient job from an outsider's view.   Any idea how the player's feel  ?

Need to watch rooting for Oregon St,  you may get removed from the SEC Frat.    :)

Some day.. the truth might come out about Schloss... some are still saying Schloss wanted the job and pissed our AD off when Hohn told him we wouldn't name a HC until the team was done playing. So Schloss came home and pulled out.. It's widely reported he was in Omaha trying to get John to reconsider, but John was either pissed about the stunt he pulled or the supposed wife problems he has.  So there is your conspiracy theory. It wouldn't surprise me if FSU gets him next year instead. 

What this team did this year was amazing as I said. I say it was in spite of Gary. You can't hire him based on that 3 week run. There was a reason he was let go of at Kentucky once John Cohen's players were gone. When you look at our weakness of this season overall, pitching was not good. Hitting was. the hitting coach has been retained. 

It was a very difficult place to put in. Gary was John's pitching coach at UK. When John came home to MSU. Gary stayed and took over the program. Then he got let go, John brought him in to replace Wes Johnson who left us for Arkansas (and destroyed at least 6 arms during his time here).  So John hires Gary again.. problem is a month later, John retires and becomes the AD. Instead of promoting Gary to HC he goes out and hires Cann. Some viewed that as an odd move considering the timing of the hiring DURING fall practice. But that was the first hint, John wouldnt hire Gary as a HC.  They are close friends with a long history. but we need a Head coach who is a great recruiter (another knock on Henderson) and will take us to OMAHA consistently. It's what the fanbase and John expects.  

John opened his mouth bigtime during the season about the requirements of the next head coach. Well overall. this is not one many of use are excited about. So we will see how things play out over the next few years. Hell Yall werent pumped about missing out on all of your top 5 picks either. But at least Pierce won a conference championship at both his other stops.. 

Meanwhile this guy we can't figure out how to say his damn name only finished tied for 3rd in the Big 10 a couple years ago.

3 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

I tend to root Arky because of fambly and because they've never won it before.  But the point about OSU adding to their win total is completely valid.

You've lost your fucking mind. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, clapclapclap said:

Pretty cool that the AD let himself be filmed deciding between the final 2 candidates.

Gary?  Indiana?

Well done. I saw your quote in notifications and was like wtf have i missed today catching up at work.... Anyone who listened to the MSU radio broadcasts and Cohen doing color knew there was no chance Gary was getting the job as much as Cohen ripped him for defensive positioning, lack of attacking the strike zone, and lack of effort at catching...

One from the regional and one from the super right?  Or did the TSU coach take another job?

It's kind of the opposite of the Astros in the playoffs last year where the two teams they knocked out fired their managers.

Edited by WBT

5 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

So, Arky will be starting Blaine Knight, who is 13-0.   What are the odds that he will be 14-0?  Statistics-wise, do the odds catch up with him of winning that next game?

OSU was heavily favored before the cancellation. I imagine even more so now that Chester gets another day rest. 

22 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

You've obviously never been to a Texas-Arkansas football game in FayetteNam.

4 minutes ago, sidis said:

extra day undoubtedly a boost to beavs.  still think arkansas has a bit of destiny to them this year though as much as i can't stand those twats (and van horn in particular).

I think Oregon State is pissed about not winning it last year and takes it in 2 games.

On 6/25/2018 at 11:50 AM, Valmy77 said:

So...well...either way it sucks

agree to a point.  Three championships and less than ten appearances is not quite “traditional power” to me.  Plus having been there amid the pigs and Dave van horn was nauseating.

Any of y’all have the video of the arky player faking like he got hit against us (Ole Miss)? He goes full-on Italian soccer player, only to get called on his bullshit, get back in the box, and just whiffs strike three. Then he points his bat in the umpire’s face, gets ejected, and goes full arky temper tantrum in the dugout.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, Homesickhorn said:

Any of y’all have the video of the arky player faking like he got hit against us (Ole Miss)? He goes full-on Italian soccer player, only to get called on his bullshit, get back in the box, and just whiffs strike three. Then he points his bat in the umpire’s face, gets ejected, and goes full arky temper tantrum in the dugout.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mean, it's the very first hit on youtube when you search for arkansas baseball fake hit.  But, here ya go... :)

5 minutes ago, utee94 said:

I mean, it's the very first hit on youtube when you search for arkansas baseball fake hit.  But, here ya go... :)

Gotta love how he uses his allegedly wounded arm to sling his bat, helmet, and to gesticulate wildly.  What a dbag.

1 hour ago, Homesickhorn said:

Thanks in advance.

Wow that is one of the most childish and pathetic displays I have ever seen on a baseball diamond and I once watched a special on the greatest tantrums of Earl Weaver.