Darlie Routier (ABC docu series)

bluto

This kinda has a making a murderer feel where it's more slanted towards her defense team. I'll wait till the series is over though. These docuseries are awesome because they always show stuff we don't see during a trial. Like the scott Peterson one where 4-5 eyewitnesses say laci walking to the park yet none were interviewed or even talked too really. 

Would be interested to see if any other neighbors heard anyone running up the alley afterwards, those house are pretty cclose to each other. 

I didn't realize she had 36 EE fake tits. NOICEEE. sorry had to toss that in.

23 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

This kinda has a making a murderer feel where it's more slanted towards her defense team. I'll wait till the series is over though. These docuseries are awesome because they always show stuff we don't see during a trial. Like the scott Peterson one where 4-5 eyewitnesses say laci walking to the park yet none were interviewed or even talked too really. 

Would be interested to see if any other neighbors heard anyone running up the alley afterwards, those house are pretty cclose to each other. 

I didn't realize she had 36 EE fake tits. NOICEEE. sorry had to toss that in.

Pics were huge.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/12/2018 at 8:01 PM, RPM said:

There's people that think she's innocent? Are they suffering from a traumatic brain injury?

I'm curious why you're so dismissive of that.

I'd never heard of the case before this but I've been watching the show on ABC and the prosecutor's case is a mixture of bad forensics and that she had fake tits, that she didn't grieve in the manner they thought was appropriate, and that she wanted $10k in life insurance (despite spending over $10k on the kids' funerals). And this isn't a show where the state isn't being able to present their arguments. The two prosecutors are featured heavily.

I'm curious why you're so dismissive of that.
I'd never heard of the case before this but I've been watching the show on ABC and the prosecutor's case is a mixture of bad forensics and that she had fake tits, that she didn't grieve in the manner they thought was appropriate, and that she wanted $10k in life insurance (despite spending over $10k on the kids' funerals). And this isn't a show where the state isn't being able to present their arguments. The two prosecutors are featured heavily.

Bad forensics?

Weren't screens cut from inside and footprints missing outside?

11 hours ago, RPM said:

I watched it when it happened. She's guilty AF. What I still don't understand is why she did it.

I followed this case closely in real time as well, but I was always very skeptical of her being the murderer. It just never made sense and it still doesn't. It's ludicrous to believe that a murdering mother would go so far as to slit her own throat and show defensive wounds on her arms. Independent of this docuseries, it was obvious at the time that she was convicted mostly on the basis of silly string. 

The unresolved question of motive, imo, is even more indicative of the likelihood of an unknown intruder being the actual killer. It doesn't make any sense for her to kill two of her children but not the third child or her husband, let alone herself. 

Edited by Gourmand
  • Like 1

The unresolved question of motive, imo, is even more indicative of the likelihood of an unknown intruder being the actual killer. It doesn't make any sense for her to kill two of her children but not the third child or her husband, let alone herself. 

Why would an intruder do it?

2 hours ago, woohorn said:

Why would an intruder do it?

Botched burglary or random crazy dude? There are plenty of examples of psychos who  broken into homes and killed and/or kidnapped victims. That's more plausible to me, given the circumstances, than Darlie Routier murdering two of her three kids for no apparent reason. 

14 hours ago, woohorn said:

Bad forensics?

Weren't screens cut from inside and footprints missing outside?

They made a big deal about the lack of footprints in the mulch but the window with the cut screen opened onto a concrete patio so that didn't make a lick of sense as one would more naturally walk around the mulch than through it.

Unless I missed it, they couldn't really draw any conclusions about which side the screen was cut from. The evidence that she did it was that one of the knives in the family knife block had chemical components on the blade that were consistent with the screen. Problem with that evidence is that both the screen and the knife were dusted for prints and because the crime scene investigators were sloppy and didn't really record what they were doing, the particles could have been transferred by the fingerprint brush.

I'm not prepared to say she's innocent but I'm certainly not confident of her guilt.

The show is obviously slanted. The opening sequence talks about innocent people being put to death.  She seemed guilty to me when it happened... I don't believe a stranger would attack the kids so violently stabbing them..and then change his style to slashing with an adult who would be a real threat?  Also, the weapon used was from inside the house, an enraged/insane  intruder would at least use the tool that got him in the house.  Her motive was everything they laid out.  36 DDD's? Crazy as hell.

1 minute ago, RPM said:

What is your in depth knowledge on the subject?

Personally, I've seen hundreds of people grieve but I have never witnessed two people grieve in identical ways. But unlike you, I don't hold myself out as an expert but rather as a skeptic. I'm open to considering someone's behavior in determining their guilt but you need to show some damn compelling scientific studies to support that.

That you're willing to kill her based on your two prior experiences makes you every bit the sociopath you believe she is.

• Like 1

LOL, feel better now? I never claimed to be an expert, but I've had personal experience. It wasn't anything like that "party". People grieve in different ways and that was definitely... "different".  

The grave side silly string was weird and I remember it well but as somebody who has foremanned a cap murder jury it’s evidence of exactly jack and shit with regard to the crime at hand.

And that doesn’t mean I am saying she is not guilty it’s just that little incident is crap evidence.

The grave side silly string was weird and I remember it well but as somebody who has foremanned a cap murder jury it’s evidence of exactly jack and shit with regard to the crime at hand.

And that doesn’t mean I am saying she is not guilty it’s just that little incident is crap evidence.

And yet RPM, the prosecutors and the jury seemed to find that to be the most compelling piece of evidence there was.

5 hours ago, DanRydell said:

And yet RPM, the prosecutors and the jury seemed to find that to be the most compelling piece of evidence there was.

Feel free to roam around my thought process. But you need to have a long talk with Issac first.

Based on everything in the show, I have very serious doubts about her guilt.  Bottom line, though, is there is no way in hell I would have voted to convict her.  The prosecution's case was absolute crap.

The silly string video is a couple of minutes out of context and the fact that the jury focused so much on it - as evidenced by the multiple viewings they had during deliberations - tells me they were a bunch of idiots looking for a reason to convict because they were offended by her personally.  As somebody said above, no two people grieve the same.  And they showed other clips from that same event that showed Darlee clearly devastated.  The giddiness on her face during the silly string incident was so obviously thin and forced, too.  But if you are looking for a reason to convict, you won't see that.

There is no motive.  The prosecution tampering with the nurses was unconscionable.  Trying to conflate thoughts of suicide with intent to murder her children is absolutely nonsensical.  Again, only a group of morons would buy into that.

Edited by TrashMaster G

On 7/6/2018 at 3:56 PM, RPM said:

It's not something you would do after losing a child.

Do you have that experience? 

EDIT: Sorry, I see your response above. I'm sorry for your loss...can't image it. I just think people react differently and would be hard to convict on that. I sure as hell couldn't have a silly string party.

Edited by Nole-4-Life

On 6/12/2018 at 9:57 AM, Quagmire said:

I’m shocked at the amount of people that think she’s actually innocent

Did you watch the series?  Count me firmly in the doubt that she did it category.  I sure as hell can't understand how a thinking person would have voted for conviction.  

Did you watch the series?  Count me firmly in the doubt that she did it category.  I sure as hell can't understand how a thinking person would have voted for conviction.  

I hadn’t before I made the comment by have recently.

I’ll admit the case was pretty weak, still think she did it but probably shouldn’t have been convicted based on the things in the show. Then again the show is based on the fact an innocent person went to jail.

Questions I have are, the window screen was cut but was the window left open that night ? It wasn’t broken ? For what I gather the guy she accused left through that window but how did he get in? There wasn’t signs of forced entry.

If she is innocent then I couldn’t think of a more horrible thing to happen to someone, not only your kids dead but now your stuck in jail thinking about it for the rest of your life

I also think her husband was involved some way with all of this, likely the one who helped it look like an intruder did it. Apparently he also admitted he talking to someone 2 years prior to the murders about having someone break in the house and steal stuff for an insurance scam.

23 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

small town white folks usually believe the police.